Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

No Zelda anytime soon. I think I bought this 2 years ago? for Mario Kart and whatever else poo poo they had. Which has been nothing.

Goddamn wasted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I mean, Nintendo can show off the NX at literally any time, because of the nintendo directs.

Junpei Hyde posted:

Can't wait till the loving robocop treehouse replace some of the white bread with brown bread.

:allears:

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Apr 27, 2016

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
So, besides #FE, are there any upcoming nintendo releases until Zelda, which is confirmed to be a full 12 months away at the least?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Vintersorg posted:

No Zelda anytime soon. I think I bought this 2 years ago? for Mario Kart and whatever else poo poo they had. Which has been nothing.

Goddamn wasted.

I'm sorry you have such poor tastes that you haven't experienced all of the cool stuff Nintendo has released for the Wii U.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

elf help book posted:

NX version to play, Wii U version to display.

Combo pack with both.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Polo-Rican posted:

So, besides #FE, are there any upcoming nintendo releases until Zelda, which is confirmed to be a full 12 months away at the least?

Paper Mario.

Mario and Sonic at the Olympics, if you count that.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Polo-Rican posted:

Mario & Sonic, Paper Mario.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Supercar Gautier posted:

The old "third pillar" thing is a line Nintendo doesn't usually use for new consoles, but ALWAYS uses for their new handhelds. NX handheld confirmed??

Well they said 3DS AND Wii U, so fingers crossed that our expectations of a mobile / console hybrid are coming to fruition!

I know we get cynical and ironic and all around these parts, but this is something that would legit motivate me to buy a console on launch for the first time in my life.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Vintersorg posted:

Goddamn wasted.

What games do you have

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Quest For Glory II posted:

The one positive for us in america is that NOA is going to have to allocate more people to Virtual Console to mitigate having to sit on their hands while awaiting NX games to localize. Maybe we'll get more games a week finally. How about some more Wii Classics bub

As far as VC goes, I just want them to make those loving things compatible across consoles, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY ANOTHER :10bux: TO PLAY SUPER MARIO WORLD ON MY 3DS, WHYYYYY NINTENDO.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

raditts posted:

WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY ANOTHER :10bux: TO PLAY SUPER MARIO WORLD ON MY 3DS, WHYYYYY NINTENDO.

Because you'll pay it.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Wii U games are the biggest pile on my shelf right now between WIi, PS3, PS4, and 360. There have been a lot of quality games for this console, sooooooooooooo.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Patter Song posted:

Paper Mario.

Mario and Sonic at the Olympics, if you count that.

RIP

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

I can't believe they executed jivjov live on stage at the investors meeting

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
Check out this weird Star Fox thing I found: https://youtu.be/uieM18rZdHY

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

majormonotone posted:

I can.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

jivjov wanted it this way

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I hope it doesn't get delayed until holiday 2017. I would think Nintendo would catch too much hell financially to delay it any further.

At least a new Animal Crossing will be cool.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

fivegears4reverse posted:

Because you'll pay it.

Not gonna lie, I strongly considered it. But I'm refusing to do so out of pure spite.

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I hope it doesn't get delayed until holiday 2017. I would think Nintendo would catch too much hell financially to delay it any further.

March really is a weird rear end time to release a console, but I guess they couldn't get it ready in time for December 2016 and December 2017 would be too far out.
And I guess the 3DS did also release in March, so maybe they're just claiming March as Their Month?

raditts fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Apr 27, 2016

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I still have many Wii U games to complete and am glad that I will have backlog time for a year

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem going the way of mobile games :eng99:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
lol at everything.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Honestly, if they can make the nx look appealing enough and launch it with a few good exclusives it's probably a smarter move to push it to holiday 2017, even though that would mean a HUGE period of time where the company did basically nothing with its console division.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Anyone who thought the NX would come out before Christmas 2016 is dumb. I knew I should have toxxed myself.

Also, there will totally be an E3 Direct which will showcase other games, and there will totally be a Treehouse stream showing those other games. As non-media people who don't go to E3 to play things on the showfloor, this literally changes nothing.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

oh you know it will

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

majormonotone posted:

what were his last words

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

BillmasterCozb posted:

what were his last words

Take.... care... of my amiibos... call... Nintendo... for system transfer... ugh :rip:

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Szmitten posted:

Anyone who thought the NX would come out before Christmas 2016 is dumb. I knew I should have toxxed myself.

Also, there will totally be an E3 Direct which will showcase other games, and there will totally be a Treehouse stream showing those other games. As non-media people who don't go to E3 to play things on the showfloor, this literally changes nothing.

Not showing the NX at E3 does "literally" change things as almost everyone on the planet not employed by Nintendo thought it would take center stage.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Patter Song posted:

So I wouldn't be surprised if we get several more HD Remasters announced this E3. They need something to pad out Wii U's Holiday and remasters don't take long.

Come on Super Mario Sunshine HD and Luigi Mansion HD with Poltergust and F.L.U.D.D. amiibo.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
That's why you don't build expectations on rumours.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yoshi Yarn
Smash
3d World
Mario Kart (with all DLC)
Didn't buy Xenoblade but thinking about it still
Donkey Kong

That's about it.

Oh, the NES remix games which were fun.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

BillmasterCozb posted:

what were his last words

thank you so much for-a playing my game

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

God what I would give for Thousand Year Door as a wiiu rerelease.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Vintersorg posted:

Yoshi Yarn
Smash
3d World
Mario Kart (with all DLC)
Didn't buy Xenoblade but thinking about it still
Donkey Kong

That's about it.

Oh, the NES remix games which were fun.

I kindof wish they would make another NES remix game. Or just keep it going and make a couple of SNES remix games.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Szmitten posted:

SNES: August 23, 1991
N64: September 26, 1996
Gamecube: November 18, 2001
Wii: November 19, 2006
WiiU: November 18, 2012

It's not exactly dumb to expect the NX to be released before the end of the year. Nintendo's handheld releases have been a bit scattered but their console releases have historically been pretty predictable.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Have they made a Mario Golf for Wii U yet? I mean, trying to think of lazy Holiday 2016 games.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Louisgod posted:

SNES: August 23, 1991
N64: September 26, 1996
Gamecube: November 18, 2001
Wii: November 19, 2006
WiiU: November 18, 2012

It's not exactly dumb to expect the NX to be released before the end of the year. Nintendo's handheld releases have been a bit scattered but their console releases have historically been pretty predictable.

Releasing in March is already an unusually short gap between consoles, going by those dates releasing in 2016 would make it a full year shorter than any of the previous.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
So...Nintendo needs something for Holiday 2016.

I already mentioned HD Remasters. Pikmin 1+2, Sunshine, Galaxy 1+2, all seem solid candidates. Sunshine would arguably need it most because it is the only mainline Mario game that's 30FPS.

Something small with assets already existing? A Captain Toad 2 strikes me as a real possibility. It'd be a Capcom-style "sequel" that's basically a level pack, but it could be done.

Nintendo has never released a console that didn't have a Kirby game at the very end of its lifespan as a swan song. Just saying.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Mario Party 11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I would love Sunshine HD but I'm not sure how they could get it to work without analog triggers. I feel like it would have been out already if not for that.

• Locked thread