Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

akulanization posted:

This is great, someone should reverse it and make it avatar size.

Consider: There is no such thing as a try.

Cryophage fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Apr 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Cryophage posted:

Consider: There is no such thing as a try.

Try is the attempt of the weak.
The proper word is 'Do'.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

The dark twisted fate for Alison is that she'll become a libertarian. :(

Well, she IS a Philosophy grad after all. It's either Libertarianism, Marxism (or one of it's offshoots), excessive navel-gazing by way of Jung or Campbell, or being a bitter cynic (which she probably would have become if she kept at slinging coffee at Starbucks.)

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Schwarzwald posted:

Be sure and send that to Abaddon, if you haven't. I'm certain they'd appreciate it.

It's on their tumblr. They appreciated it well.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Wonderslug posted:

I mean, if you stuck a giant pair of googly eyes on him it'd probably make him look more lucid.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
God drat it, I love this thread.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Allison technically has the information she needs now: where Zaid is being held. She's getting a lot more to go with it, so good reason not to try to leave for the moment, but I wonder if Mottom would be able to stop her dimension-hopping back to Void (and then on to Throne or somewhere else) if Mottom decides to kill her.

Of course, maybe Mottom can follow her. But... oh dear, if the Palace is held up by her will...

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 26, 2016

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Oh I see. This whole thing has been Motton's extended "we're not so different, you and I" speech.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Hypocrisy posted:

Oh I see. This whole thing has been Motton's extended "we're not so different, you and I" speech.

Which is pretty strange, since the son of Alice has no interest in opposing any of the demiurges.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

I think I'd describe this change as more lucid.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
More attentive, certainly!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

outstanding

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Good. Now make it into this:

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

I regret not taking the time to ensure all the eyes in the wings were googly-eyed as well.

annatar
Jan 14, 2007
hellol
Everyone gets an offer this chapter.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hypocrisy posted:

Well that is why their clothes were coordinated.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

The phrasing of eternal life as a *condition* of the offer is interesting here...

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Call me suspicious she does this after turning an rear end in a top hat into a tree.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Quinton posted:

The phrasing of eternal life as a *condition* of the offer is interesting here...
In the context of how horrified she is at her own existence? It fits the self-loathing

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Quinton posted:

Spiderdrake posted:

In the context of how horrified she is at her own existence? It fits the self-loathing

I'm wondering if it's not the other way around: Mottom wants her eternal life guaranteed by Alison, in exchange for Mottom helping Alison to become god-empress of all creation.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Go, Allison. Eat the butt-fruit of eternal life.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm pretty sure those fruit were plucked from the branches of our good friend Pryan Sor. They're awfully veiny, at least.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I'm mostly amazed at the fact that Mottom seems to have contented herself with just one husband.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Captain Oblivious posted:

I'm mostly amazed at the fact that Mottom seems to have contented herself with just one husband.

At a time?
e: I don't think I'd want to eat fruit that looked like veiny butts.

TheRagamuffin fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Apr 27, 2016

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
oh man I hope her husband is the tree with the eternal life fruits :allears:

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
Look, you gotta market this poo poo. Nobody's gonna want Butts of Immortality when they could have Ambrosia™ or Amrita™ or Idun's Magic Apples™. Other pantheons will just destroy you in the marketplace. You gotta get some metaphor up in here. Call 'em peaches, people'll love it, it's cheeky! See, the copy practically writes itself.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Wonderslug posted:

Look, you gotta market this poo poo. Nobody's gonna want Butts of Immortality when they could have Ambrosia™ or Amrita™ or Idun's Magic Apples™. Other pantheons will just destroy you in the marketplace. You gotta get some metaphor up in here. Call 'em peaches, people'll love it, it's cheeky! See, the copy practically writes itself.

yeah but howzit gonna play in Redmond and San Jose? look i dont need to tell you that tech-chic is huge right now, Soylent is blowing up, and we need to adjust our focus to take advantage of this. so what im thinkin is we take the... the butt fruit or whatever the gently caress... and make it into fruit roll-ups

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Comic link for convenience.

That panel with her holding the fruit and offering eternal life has some Snow White vibes to it.

Also, I'm sort of hoping Mottom and her husband have a relationship that's just totally normal and supportive. Like Avasarala and her spouse in The Expanse, if you're familiar with that series.

Mardragon
Mar 4, 2004
Cinderella boy... Out of nowhere...
Yam Slacker
I wonder if her husband is the king of the devils that is watched over by a group of ebon devils and is locked in a box that was talked about on the blog.

Eglamore
Apr 19, 2005

Walker told me I have AIDS.
Someone on the comments said they guessed that's what happens to the maidens she brings in. Like, she turns them into weird fetus fruits. Or they're some kind of people tree fruit, definitely people of some kind.

Also wasn't Mottom's husband dead before the demiurges divided up creation? For some reason I thought she inherited or stole some of her power from him.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
While Allison is being very prudent about not eating or drinking anything, I can't help but feel like she should indulge a little bit. Look at that tomato soup! Thousands of people died to bring you that!

I also think that the reality of what happens to the maids is probably just that Mottom's operation takes thousands, if not millions, of people to run and it's not like they can quit so they just disappear somewhere into her palace.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

While she definitely needs laborers, a throwaway comment in the ask blog which may or may not have been a joke suggests she may also use some of them as throwaway spell components sometimes as well.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

It could easily be Allison's eternal life though, mottom might prefer having a known entity at the top of the food chain instead of crazy people who got even swoler via nail exercise.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Mardragon posted:

I wonder if her husband is the king of the devils that is watched over by a group of ebon devils and is locked in a box that was talked about on the blog.

The husband's name is Hastet Om, according to some post somewhere. The king of the devils is known only as Himself.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Hastet Om has retired to the Rumpus Room of Immaculate Football Paraphernalia to spend his time meditating on Perry Mason reruns

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

'why' is the question of the weak

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Cryophage you are too powerful

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
1 Feisty Lady Shakes It Like a Polaroid Picture, Audaciously

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Reach Heaven by Dabbing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I'm phone posting, so just imagine the red-white on black Art-speak going "WHIP! NAYNAY!"