Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

A candidate for Fat Neck Friday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

You'd think even the most socially awkward of us would know not to post pictures of themselves in public social media, because you will become a meme.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

dude looks like some kinda hosed up potato snowman.

just potatoes stacked one on top of the other. lumpy, gross, weird potatoes

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Naw. He's just that yellow guy from sin city without the body paint.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
That's exactly what I thought.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

So the headline of the article is based off of some guy saying maybe the suspect was mad about being interrupted while playing video games. I thought they had a confession or video with how strongly they worded it. That's a pretty big leap. I really want to know what evidence they have that the guy even did it. It really seems like the went with the "it's always the family when a child is murdered" narrative and are struggling to make it fit.

And it's Texas so they actually have put a man to death using that line of reasoning and had it turn out that they were wrong.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

rodbeard posted:

I really want to know what evidence they have that the guy even did it.

Maybe the bite marks on the dead toddler's back?

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
the tesla slingshot is pretty AUG IMO

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It's pretty awkward but Polaris is responsible, not Tesla

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
poo poo, I actually like it

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

rodbeard posted:

I really want to know what evidence they have that the guy even did it. It really seems like the went with the "it's always the family when a child is murdered" narrative and are struggling to make it fit.

“Anthony, by his own admission, was the only adult that was in the residence during the time the injuries were inflicted upon his daughter which caused her death,” a Watauga police detective wrote in the arresting documents.

Somehow I don't think someone is sneaking into houses to murder and bite strange babies. I'd say it's way more likely that this man who was already arrested once for choking his wife might have some violent tendencies.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

PCOS Bill posted:

It's pretty awkward but Polaris is responsible, not Tesla

oh. Weird. I typed in tesla slingshot and it came up. my bad.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Not as much patchy facial hair as I was picturing.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

Sludge Tank posted:

This is my dream car...from 1994 while wearing my Bart Simpson T-shirt and Jimmy-Z shorts.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Now I know HoneyBooBoo and her Paedophile-enabling Mum are low hanging fruit for Awkward and Ugly, but I just noticed the ladies and their daughters on either side of them.

The woman on the left is dressed up as some sort of Tom of Finland leatherman bondage dude, and has made her *very* little daughter do the same, and the people on the right are the very stereotype of "stage mother past her prime" and "girl who has learned to be a bitch before she turned 12, and in 20 years will still be telling her friends about her days in pageants whilst they all get spray tanned"

They freak me out more than the hambeast duo.

{edit} The other girl and her mum don't bother me too much. She seems old enough to know what's going on and not be too traumatised by the whole affair.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Sludge Tank posted:

Which racist stereotype is this character?

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

Picnic Princess posted:

Which racist stereotype is this character?

Speed Racist

Capilarean
Apr 10, 2009

Sludge Tank posted:

It looks like one of those lovely "gamer mice" I keep seeing.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY1H1rZL53I

"Event was intended to be a forum and discussion about the use of political correctness on campus". Surprisingly, their message wasn't well received.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

Metanaut posted:

"Event was intended to be a forum and discussion about the use of political correctness on campus". Surprisingly, their message wasn't well received.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
I'd probably be into the car if I also had some sick frosted tips to go with it. Also I'm 7

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Metanaut posted:

A conservative, a gamergater, and a men's right advocate on stage at a college campus? They're lucky they didn't get outright lynched

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Metanaut posted:

You can't post the link without also posting the stills...

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Scarf posted:

That looks like a giant toothless baby.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

LegalPad posted:

That looks like a giant toothless baby.

please don't dental-shame. thanks.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scarf posted:

Can I still fat shame that... Woman? Man? Other?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Metanaut posted:

You know from just that short description that it was put together by someone who thinks there's way too much political correctness on campus or not enough political correctness on campus, and either way, it's gonna be obnoxious. The only reasons to go would be to show support for the goobers speaking or so you can feel good about how much you hated it. Maybe go with your friends and take notes, then all go to the coffee shop afterwards and come up with stinging rebuttals to the speakers' comments hours after the fact, high-fiving each other after every witty comeback and takedown. "Mmmfmmfmfmfff yeah, Braydyn, good one," you'd say, taking your dick out of your mouth for a moment, "those guys were such idiots. Why can't everyone be as forward-thinking, progressive, and unbiased as we are?"

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
There is too much political correctness everywhere, but especially on campus.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

PCOS Bill posted:

There is too much political correctness everywhere, but especially on campus.

So you're just mad that you get called racist when you say the "N-word," while those rap guys say it in their raps?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Iron Crowned posted:

So you're just mad that you get called racist when you say the "N-word," while those rap guys say it in their raps?

Yes, clearly that's the only issue anyone could possibly ever have. There's definitely never been any over the top reactions to things like sombreros on Mexican food night in a dining hall being met by a hundred protesting white people about cultural appropriation...

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

PCOS Bill posted:

Yes, clearly that's the only issue anyone could possibly ever have. There's definitely never been any over the top reactions to things like sombreros on Mexican food night in a dining hall being met by a hundred protesting white people about cultural appropriation...

On a scale of 1 to 10, how smugly self-satisfied do you think those honkies were about their white-knighting a hypothetical offended minority

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
stop talking to pcos bill you loving idiots

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Slime posted:

Yeah, I was just about to comment on the rap sheet, but this does seem like a good plan

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

On a scale of 1 to 10, how smugly self-satisfied do you think those honkies were about their white-knighting a hypothetical offended minority

At least a 15

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, I was just about to comment on the rap sheet, but this does seem like a good plan

Sweet rap sheet burn. Did you know minorities are more likely to be targeted by law enforcement? makes u think

Wait....

Let's talk about this. Awkwaaaaaaaaard

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

PCOS Bill posted:

At least a 15

Sweet rap sheet burn. Did you know minorities are more likely to be targeted by law enforcement? makes u think

Wait....

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

PCOS Bill posted:

lmao

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Oh God I'm stepping into the AUG.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

"Hypothetical"

(not that I'm defending PCOS, just that bored college students tend to get mad about a lot of stuff)

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Slime posted:

Don't tell me what to do. You're not my real dad, Kevin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010