Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Alaois posted:

maybe your favorite band should get a patreon

Imagine your fav band's patreon...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

do it on my face
Feb 6, 2005
°

Spaced God posted:

Imagine your fav band's patreon...

Five stars! Instead of my favorite band, I substituted the sound of two desk fans with their blades tied together fighting it out in a bathtub and instead of real money, I used ranch dressing.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Alaois posted:

maybe your favorite band should get a patreon
I don't believe John Coltrane's quartet is in a position to do that, or much of anything. :smugsmith:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

I don't believe John Coltrane's quartet is in a position to do that, or much of anything. :smugsmith:

I don't have that problem, goodbye!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

VenMalakim posted:

Five stars! Instead of my favorite band, I substituted the sound of two desk fans with their blades tied together fighting it out in a bathtub and instead of real money, I used ranch dressing.

Man, I love musique concrete.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
Of the four episodes recorded, I'm definitely looking forward to the quantum medicine episode the most. Quantum anything bullshit is always great. :allears:

Although the others promise to have plenty of :magical: moments, too.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

For some reason, "modern mysticism" bullshit is always funnier than "normal" magick crap. Someone trying to turn science into just a different kind of magic is dumber than something that is more acceptable to chalk up to religious belief, even though it amounts to the same thing.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

That Old Tree posted:

For some reason, "modern mysticism" bullshit is always funnier than "normal" magick crap. Someone trying to turn science into just a different kind of magic is dumber than something that is more acceptable to chalk up to religious belief, even though it amounts to the same thing.

Would you happen to be pointing your Doubting Thomas finger at them? You better think twice, save yourself the trouble of apologizing to Dutch Dalton later.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

That Old Tree posted:

I'm a sucker for anything involving majicks.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

I Before E posted:

Would you happen to be pointing your Doubting Thomas finger at them? You better think twice, save yourself the trouble of apologizing to Dutch Dalton later.
That was such a fantastic episode. 11/10.

Shame that there are folks, in this very thread, who haven't heard it. If they only knew the joy we share.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Apr 26, 2016

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

BangBangBang! Commando of the Galaxy
Without revealing too much the Quantum Medicine doc is far, far dumber than any of the magick sites.

The Heavenator fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Apr 26, 2016

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

The Heavenator posted:

Without revealing too much the Quantum Medicine doc is far, far dumber than any of the magick sites.

I'm excited to find out which flavor of dumb new-age/pseudo-science this is! I'm hoping for a mix of pseudo-scientific jargon and doublespeak mixed with 'fight against the medical establishment' rhetoric.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

The only way it could be dumber is if it used parallel dimensions, wormholes, or hopefully both.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

I bet, and hope, that it revolves around quantum free will. "I WILL you to curl up and die, strep throat bacteria!"

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I have only recently fallen into the F-Plus rabbithole, and I don't know everyone's names yet, but there's one guy on the podcast that has a wonderful laugh and it makes me happy. :3:

Also, the Not Always Right episode is the best thing ever.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Adam Bozarth is the greatest and you'll get to know his voice fairly fast. Listen to the school survival guide.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I still find it kind of hard at times to disassociate Adam from BOYMEAT.

Oh, uh, I'm not complaining mind you.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

YeahTubaMike posted:

I have only recently fallen into the F-Plus rabbithole, and I don't know everyone's names yet, but there's one guy on the podcast that has a wonderful laugh and it makes me happy. :3:
:10bux: says it's STOG.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

YeahTubaMike posted:

Also, the Not Always Right episode is the best thing ever.

It's gotta be Kumquatxop. You've got a "Yeah" in your name, it's like you're soul mates.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
IMO Frank West has the best laugh, and probably the best voice in general.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
There's one guy who has a high-pitched giggle, which is great, but there's one guy who has a booming scream-laugh that is extremely infectious. The latter guy is who I was talking about. I can't seem to figure out his identity though.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

YeahTubaMike posted:

There's one guy who has a high-pitched giggle, which is great, but there's one guy who has a booming scream-laugh that is extremely infectious. The latter guy is who I was talking about. I can't seem to figure out his identity though.

Jack Chick probably

Squint
Jul 14, 2007

Extremely Not Bad
Stog is probably the high-pitched giggle, but the screamy laugh could be a couple of people. Lemon probably has the screamiest laugh, I'd say. If you can point us towards an example of one you're trying to identify (episode and timecode), someone will be able to put a name to it lickety split.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lemon definitely has the best sigh/gently caress you.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
He might actually be talking about Portax because her laugh is pretty high pitched, and her normal speaking voice isn't distinctly feminine, at least in my opinion. I actually didn't realize she was a woman until I had listened to quite a few episodes and they finally mentioned it in passing.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

ManMythLegend posted:

I actually didn't realize she was a woman until I had listened to quite a few episodes and they finally mentioned it in passing.

Haha yeah me too. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

SavTargaryen
Sep 11, 2011

HoAssHo posted:

Adding another here. It wasn't until I think it was Bunnybread was like 'Yeah, where the hell is Portaxx, why isn't she reading this poo poo?' that it clicked.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I used to dislike portaxx only because (to my ears) her voice sounds a lot like mine and I super hate hearing myself, haha.

I guess hearing yourself always feels kinda weird unless you record stuff all the time and get used to it.

flesh dance fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Apr 28, 2016

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

flesh dance posted:

I used to dislike portaxx only because (to my ears) her voice sounds a lot like mine and I super hate hearing myself, haha.

I guess hearing yourself always feels kinda weird unless you record stuff all the time and get used to it.

Surprisingly, my F Plus episode was the one time I was pretty okay with hearing my voice. Maybe because it was a while after it was actually recorded, and I wasn't script-reading.

Now I struggle to listen to it for different reasons relating to my voice!

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

HoAssHo posted:

Same. The guy who got me to start listening to the podcast was completely baffled at my misconception.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
This podcast needs more women, I mean right now it's just Portaxx and Bunnybread.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

steinrokkan posted:

This podcast needs more women, I mean right now it's just Portaxx and Bunnybread.

Uh, aren't you forgeting Frank West? :colbert:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Squint posted:

Stog is probably the high-pitched giggle, but the screamy laugh could be a couple of people. Lemon probably has the screamiest laugh, I'd say. If you can point us towards an example of one you're trying to identify (episode and timecode), someone will be able to put a name to it lickety split.

I've been frantically listening through episodes trying to find out who this is. I'm currently listening to one with Jack Chick, Frank West and Lemon (they seem to be the likeliest candidates), so hopefully I can get to the bottom of this soon.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the group of people interested in reading a bunch of gross Internet stuff skews male. Also Montrith is a woman.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
The lack of respect for Nutshell Gulag right now is appalling.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
Zarla Sheenaza is a terrific reader and I think they should summon her again!!!

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

RyokoTK posted:

The lack of respect for Nutshell Gulag right now is appalling.

I thought she quit? Or was that bump grrl?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

hoobajoo posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the group of people interested in reading a bunch of gross Internet stuff skews male. Also Montrith is a woman.

:geno:

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I miss Squiddy. She had so much glee about the dumb stuff she read, and she had an INCREDIBLE stupid voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ag Bengip posted:

Zarla Sheenaza is a terrific reader and I think they should summon her again!!!

Strongly concur.