Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Narmi
Feb 26, 2008
What happened to Kevan lannister? I think he was there when Cersei competed her walk of shame, but is he still around King's Landing? He's doesn't have any season 6 credits on IMDB in any case, and if Jaime is sticking around they might not really need him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Narmi posted:

What happened to Kevan lannister? I think he was there when Cersei competed her walk of shame, but is he still around King's Landing? If Jaime is sticking around, they might not really need him.

He will probably die at Red Wedding mk. II because they cannot kill any of the plot relevant Lannister but they need to feed the fan mob some small serving of revenge for the Starks, the North Remembers, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Varys doesn't seem to have any of his book powers, so he probably won't make it back to King's Landing to kill him. SHAME.

It's sad how the omission of one character that we all thought inconsequential red herring completely ruined the plot of both Dorne and Varys.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Apr 27, 2016

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Narmi posted:

What happened to Kevan lannister? I think he was there when Cersei competed her walk of shame, but is he still around King's Landing? He's doesn't have any season 6 credits on IMDB in any case, and if Jaime is sticking around they might not really need him.

IMDB is fairly useless for future episodes. It's often guesses or trolling.

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008
Huh, I thought they just couldn't give out the full cast credits to avoid spoilers. e: Like, episode two shows Cersei, Jaime and Margaery, but not Tommen or Mace.

Narmi fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Apr 27, 2016

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
IMDB edits are submitted by visitors. It's a wiki with a middleman.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Narmi posted:

At this point who cares? Why would Littlefield saves Sansa only to throw her under the bus at the next opportunity? Why was Dora even in the show? Clearly nothing makes sense any more. I'm eagerly awaiting a Lego Movie crossover.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mel can be Wild Style! And once they introduce Darkstar he can be Batman! They're both of the night afterall.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
So had Jaime and Trys turned the ship around after Myrcella's poisoning and called for Ellaria's head Doran would have probably survived the whole ordeal, I just felt like this needed pointing out.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

emanresu tnuocca posted:

So had Jaime and Trys turned the ship around after Myrcella's poisoning and called for Ellaria's head Doran would have probably survived the whole ordeal, I just felt like this needed pointing out.

Also if Doran had reacted to Ellaria giving her boner poison in broad daylight, if he made an effort to be alone with more loyal guards and fewer child murderers, or if he had noticed that two of his child murdering nieces went MIA as soon as his back was turned.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

lezard_valeth posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8ES_ElI6Wg

Aaaah the good old days. Goddamit D&D what happened to you?

GRRM and D&D are Cersei and Robert, the show is their marriage. It was good in the beginning, it had a lot of potential but now it's poo poo. rip

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Syncopated posted:

GRRM and D&D are Cersei and Robert, the show is their marriage. It was good in the beginning, it had a lot of potential but now it's poo poo. rip

:allears: This is my favorite scene in the show and you just made it better

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Syncopated posted:

So was the addition of Ros in season 1 D&D saying "Lyanna" during the wedding night?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

It's like poetry, it rhymes

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Its pretty amazing in retrospect that they spent the best part of 60 mins introducing and then killing off Carl "legend of gin alley" Tanner over the course of 3 or 4 episodes and now they are like "welp, best wrap this up then guys......."

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Love Crime posted:

The bear is actually a a famous stunt bear whose dad was also a famous stunt bear.

It's double generation stunt bearness, now we have poorly trained snakes from no notable families.

He is The Rock of wrestling bears

Love Crime posted:

Also also the whole animal rights thing conveniently doesn't apply to fish. You can do whatever you want to ordinary fish (not dolphins and poo poo though).

Explains the Oldboy Octopus scene!

That's interesting though thanks.

Ginette Reno posted:

That's pretty hilarious if they killed off Doran because they only had a day to film there.

I don't think that's the sole reason but it's like, in the middle of a very crowded city centre and an extremely popular tourist destination. I feel like they were pretty happy with letting them film there (Jamie was a big draw apparently) and then the next season were probably like "Are you loving serious no gently caress off". Also I would bet money this is why Trystane dies on a random boat.

Supposedly there was a lot more filming in the south of spain this season, people were freaking out when I was there in September last year because pretty much every city we stopped at was rumored to get GOT.

Seville as a whole is awesome though and I like Spain :)

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Son, speared.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Was Mandon Moore secretly Quentyn???

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

In It For The Tank posted:

Preston Jacobs is on the case.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

GaussianCopula posted:

So was the addition of Ros in season 1 D&D saying "Lyanna" during the wedding night?

An early mistake that reveals the true nature of the sham marriage? Yeah, it checks out.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Mandon Moore was never truly proven to be hired by Joffrey. He was, thus, hired by the Martells.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Mandon Moore doesn't have Trystane's locks he doesn't look quite as much as the martell banner.

Anyhow he was a Vale knight originally brought to court by Lysa so it's a rather safe bet that he was working for Littlefinger.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

lezard_valeth posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8ES_ElI6Wg

Aaaah the good old days. Goddamit D&D what happened to you?

Man, Robert was so good in the show. In the books I just never found him interesting and then he was dead, but the show did a really great job bringing him to life and making him an engaging character.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
I miss scenes with Joffrey.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Tywin. It's easy to empathize with someone who's flat-out The Bad Guy for the first four seasons when Charles Dance does such a great drat job with portraying him.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
It's a pity we never saw Robert and Tywin interact.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Portrayed by James Doran

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Yeah it turns out taking all the characters played by good actors and killing them has bad long term consequences to your show

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

lifts cats over head posted:

It's a pity we never saw Robert and Tywin interact.

I didn't mind hearing that Tywin didn't like Robert because he was always boisterous and would slap him on the back and poo poo.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Yeah it turns out taking all the characters played by good actors and killing them has bad long term consequences to your show

I wonder if the issue is that the good actors don't want to be tied down for an ambiguous number of seasons, so they take all the parts that have a definite end date.

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008
The guy who played Barristan wanted to stay on, and seemed to really like his character. He actually told D&D that killing Barristan off the way they did made no sense and was a mistake, and asked if he could stay on. They told him no, then they went on a q&a session and made fun of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfvVluNxujc (at 1h13m12s)

Narmi fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Apr 27, 2016

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Narmi posted:

The guy who played Barristan wanted to stay on, and seemed to really like his character. He actually told D&D that killing Barristan off the way they did made no sense and was a mistake, and asked if he could stay on. They told him no, then they went on a q&a session and made fun of him.

I think I get it now. They are just loving with GRRM at this point because they think they own GoT now.

I'm phone posting so I can't edit this, but just pretend it's GRRM and D&D.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Demiurge4 posted:

I think I get it now. They are just loving with GRRM at this point because they think they own GoT now.

I'm phone posting so I can't edit this, but just pretend it's GRRM and D&D.

And GRRM is gonna gently caress 'em right back by making the books diverge greatly from the show even more than the show has been diverging from the books.

Stuff like intentionally making characters killed off in the show for cheap ratings be super important.

Like Barristan Selmy is the chosen one and becomes Emperor of Planetos or some poo poo.

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008
I'd love it if it turns out Ellaria severely overestimated her popularity and it turns out most of Dorne doesn't give a drat that Oberyn got himself killed but actually liked a competent ruler who tried to placed the peace and safety of his people over his desire for vengeance. Or if most of the people she expected to follow her took an issue with killing your brother-in law and nephew.

Kind of like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWedZUEMgH0&t=585s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED66yqjstU4&t=60s

Narmi fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Apr 27, 2016

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Narmi posted:

And he was totally right: Barristan was a good character and he nailed it perfectly and his death was one of the most stupid changes they made.

It didnt even made me sad, it just made me angry because everything about it was just plain wrong

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The way it was actually filmed with the like slow motion "uuuuhg u got me" was kind of dumb but I didn't have a problem with him actually dying or the way he did. It fits with the rest of the theme in the show that no matter how good a fighter you are, anyone can be killed.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Phi230 posted:

And GRRM is gonna gently caress 'em right back by making the books diverge greatly from the show even more than the show has been diverging from the books.

Stuff like intentionally making characters killed off in the show for cheap ratings be super important.

Like Barristan Selmy is the chosen one and becomes Emperor of Planetos or some poo poo.

and why would they give a poo poo? Their show will be over, they will have made their millions and won their awards before he finishes the books.

They hold all the cards at this point. Former book readers just wanting a resolution will have gotten it and may even lose interest in the remaining books, if there ever are any.

GRRM isnt loving anybody but himself.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

TommyGun85 posted:

and why would they give a poo poo? Their show will be over, they will have made their millions and won their awards before he finishes the books.

They hold all the cards at this point. Former book readers just wanting a resolution will have gotten it and may even lose interest in the remaining books, if there ever are any.

GRRM isnt loving anybody but himself.

I think the "who cares I got giant bags of money" thing applies to both parties equally.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Phi230 posted:

In 2026 when GRRM's estate finally publishes Winds of Winter no one is going to give a poo poo that it differs from the series, and the people that notice are just going to think 'oh, hey, he changed the ending from the original? Weird.' If he wanted to pull that kind of gotcha on them he would need to publish the books while the show is still running and there might be some sort of media splash from the changes, and there is no way that is going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

LegalPad posted:

I think the "who cares I got giant bags of money" thing applies to both parties equally.

I agree but I think you missed the point

• Locked thread