Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

infernal machines posted:

i'm sad cremnob got probed, i was really looking forward to his spin on how yesterday's numbers are in fact good for apple

same. please consider this my formal complaint lodged in opposition to the cremnob probation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
so, yeah no 3.5mm jack on the iphone 7

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

what the gently caress does usb c NOT do

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
work with existing accessories?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

so no listening while charging? or are you supposed to use wireless charging

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Shaggar posted:

so no listening while charging?

have you seen the macbook? take a wild guess. bonus points: passive usb hub accessory for iphone

but also, who listens to their phone while it's plugged in to a charger? that just seems awkward.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Shaggar posted:

and miss the chance of selling adapters for ludicrous amounts
http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MJ1K2AM/A/usb-c-digital-av-multiport-adapter

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

the decline is caused by the international currency exchange rates being extremely bad.

the iPhone effectively got a huge price hike worldwide

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

theultimo posted:

and miss the chance of selling adapters for ludicrous amounts
http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MJ1K2AM/A/usb-c-digital-av-multiport-adapter

lmao

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PleasureKevin posted:

the decline is caused by the international currency exchange rates being extremely bad.

the iPhone effectively got a huge price hike worldwide

they're not the worst they've been in 13 years

it may account for a fraction of the decline, but the rest is right down to tim's poor leadership

citing currency concerns is rationalization #1 for companies that are struggling

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Shaggar posted:

wireless charging, smart connector charging and wireless headphones all negate this

but it could be the case that for a few years the lower-end models of the iPhone effectively don't allow charging while listening.

i imagine the wireless headphones will be an extra $99 and any smart connector device will also be sold separately

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i can't wait for the presentation

"in the past, the iphone was known for its sleek presentation and ease of use in a variety of situations

not any more

introducing the iphone 7"

*shows photo of phone connected to rat's nest of adapters, dongles, cords and converters*

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

in some cases they are the worst they've been in 13 years

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

there would by less cords, not more

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Stymie posted:

*shows photo of phone connected to rat's nest of adapters, dongles, cords and converters*

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

PleasureKevin posted:

there would by less cords, not more

except of course for all the new cords you need to charge your "wireless" accessories that replaced things that used to be passively powered by the device

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

except of course for all the new cords you need to charge your "wireless" accessories that replaced things that used to be passively powered by the device

just plug it into your lightning cable

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
tim is now going to really ramp up the accessories shilling with the bad news so i fully expect iphone 7 to come with nothing in the box beyond the phone

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yeah, but now you can choose a charger to match your phone case!

which beats® headphones fit your personal brand? choose from over 50 styles today!

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
lightning cable haha

that shits gonna be discontinued so hard after iPhone 7

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i can't wait to see the apple proprietary implementation of usb-c

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

i can't wait to see the apple proprietary implementation of usb-c

you're already describing the lightning connector

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

and that will somehow stop them from creating another mutually incompatible one?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

tmz says someone is dead at Apple. is it Tim

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

but also, who listens to their phone while it's plugged in to a charger? that just seems awkward.

all the time at work?

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

and that will somehow stop them from creating another mutually incompatible one?

lol yeah evil apple, changing their connector after 10 years because the rest of the industry was providing poo poo solutions and they once again had to force everyone else to modernize. how terrible.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

they're a business, i'm not making a value judgement, i'm just pointing out that they've left a trail of abandoned proprietary connectors like blown roses

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

rip tim, couldn't deal with the shame of presiding over apple's downfall

https://twitter.com/robertsalonga/status/725373420569911297

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

tim can't even get that right.

steve had style, he used to make them ritualistically disembowel themselves in the cafeteria as a warning to the others

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Encrypted posted:

there are a lot of tech that can make tn screen better and the one in mba is as good as it get and almost comparable to the ips panels in certain metrics eg. contrast ratio beating the older ips 15" mbp and delta e of ~2.3 compare to 1.95 on the 13" rmbp

keep telling yourself that while you stare at your washed out screen that changes colors when even slightly off axis

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
somebody check the white room to see if johnny ives finally cracked

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
tim decided to use an apple mouse or keyboard for the first time and immediately had the hack jonny ives put to death.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

tragic_mouse_2.jpg

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i liked the apple mouse/keyboard right up to the moment i started getting carpel tunnel. took like half a year to get there.

switched to a real keyboard and mouse. never looking back.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
a cultist sacrifice was made

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Stymie posted:

i can't wait for the presentation

"in the past, the iphone was known for its sleek presentation and ease of use in a variety of situations

not any more

introducing the iphone 7"

can't wait for the lightning ihub at the next keynote

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

they're a business, i'm not making a value judgement, i'm just pointing out that they've left a trail of abandoned proprietary connectors like blown roses

they switched from firewire to 30pin/usb in 2003 when 2.0 had good adoption and didn't suck poo poo like 1.0/1.1 did. they did the 30-pin because USB is limited as all hell and the 30pin served them well. that ran until 2012 when lightning was created because 30pin caused form factor issues and the rest of the industry once again did not have a solution that sucked poo poo. the USB consortium finally pulled their heads out of their asses and started making connectors that are worth a poo poo, primarily under pressure from apple because they had been making things that actually worked for over ten years prior. same deal with magsafe, came out in 2006 because the industry connectors were garbage and it finally got addressed with USB-c. it's not a conspiracy and none of this was done arbitrarily. you're just an idiot.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Puppy Galaxy posted:

tmz says someone is dead at Apple. is it Tim

apparently a woman was shot in the head

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

lol yeah evil apple, changing their connector after 10 years because the rest of the industry was providing poo poo solutions and they once again had to force everyone else to modernize. how terrible.
You forgot to mention, "twice". It's only been 4 years since the last connector change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Linguica posted:

rip tim, couldn't deal with the shame of presiding over apple's downfall

https://twitter.com/robertsalonga/status/725373420569911297

should have just given them the password for the vault containing $250 billion in negotiable bearer bonds

• Locked thread