Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
Just picked this up, having a ton of fun so far - in-game name is the same as here if there's room in the clan!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

postmodifier posted:

Just picked this up, having a ton of fun so far - in-game name is the same as here if there's room in the clan!

Awaken Mustakrakish posted:

Looking for an invite to the clan. OpieKT is the in game name.

Both invites sent.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Is there a better feeling than hitting a max distance ult as vulcan and deleting the enemy mid?

I don't think there is. :colbert:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Synastren posted:

Is there a better feeling than hitting a max distance ult as vulcan and deleting the enemy mid?

Getting a Chronos ult off at 1 hp is pretty good. Actually hitting someone with AMC or Kuku ult ain't bad. But yeah. I hope Vulcan gets a new model at some point.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Synastren posted:

Max distance Kulkul's ultimate?

yasher
May 21, 2007
I too am looking for an invite.

dongers77 if you please.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Synastren posted:

Though the wall tip of the ult Ra snipe.

Moreso because nobody plays Ra :smith:

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

Synastren posted:

Mind games are the best.

A few nights ago I was playing Anubis and stood completely still in front of an enemy phoenix with a Sobek there. In my head I was saying "pluck me! pluck me!" and as soon as his dash animation started I ulted... and deleted him. Hilarious bait and it definitely got in his head because drat was he shy the rest of the game...

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

cyclonic posted:

Though the wall tip of the ult Ra snipe.

Moreso because nobody plays Ra :smith:

Only in arena... Which is strange cause any other map would be better.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
I'm done playing Ra in solo queue. People flip the gently caress out if your healing placement isn't perfect (and Ra is one of the worst healers). Sorry if you die because you ran in expecting tons of healing

Actually I hate playing healers in general by myself, other players don't seem to realize your healing abilities have cool downs, just like other abilities! :downs:

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
dbl post

Pimp Drakula
Oct 12, 2013

Farecoal posted:

I'm done playing Ra in solo queue. People flip the gently caress out if your healing placement isn't perfect (and Ra is one of the worst healers). Sorry if you die because you ran in expecting tons of healing

Actually I hate playing healers in general by myself, other players don't seem to realize your healing abilities have cool downs, just like other abilities! :downs:

Who are some healers to try out? I've been primarily playing Geb for a couple weeks and while saving people is lots of fun people start complaining real fast when you aren't saving THEM from the certain death they dive into reasoning that a tank on the team should make them basically invincible. Kumbakharna is starting to look like a more fun option because he's all CC all the time and assassins don't expect you to be their bodyguard.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Aphrodite is super fun and can do tons of easily confirmable damage too.

Shame poor girl's fallen out of the meta :( (when was the last time she was even in it? S1? :v:)

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
That's what you get in mobility meta, and Hel's even worse off on that one. Not to mention easy antiheals to keep them down, which I do love whenever I have to stop them in Assault :haw:

Ra's a solid healer if you want to try that out, Aphrodite for single target and damage. Tankier, Guan has solid escapes in a pinch and Sylvanus is naturally such as guardian.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
What about Chang'e?

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

She's difficult for HiRez to balance. She's gone through a couple iterations and unfortunately she's not really a strong healer anymore. She's sort of stuck in this weird no-man's land.

Heal is not great, clear is not great, damage is not great, but at least she has a (situationally) good ult :confused:

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Outside of the 30 first wins thing being COMPLETE BULLSHIT... It seems as though the quest is broken right now?

Pimp Drakula
Oct 12, 2013

Zain posted:

Outside of the 30 first wins thing being COMPLETE BULLSHIT... It seems as though the quest is broken right now?

30 first wins holy goddamn. I get that it's two weeks long but without a killer party I had trouble just getting three a day during the gem event a couple weeks ago, my crew and I don't have enough time in a day to play more than maybe 3 or 4 matches total.

Pimp Drakula fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Apr 26, 2016

Seraphroy
Jun 24, 2010

Jesus shit that Steelix is terrifying.

Zain posted:

Tweets have gone out saying it's recording properly, it's just not updating on the client until you relaunch.

https://twitter.com/HiRezArchov/status/724952970509582336

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Can they release a PSA telling me that yes, 30 FWOTD is a bullshit UI bug and they're halving that?

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
:lol: at removing crit chance from throwing dagger AND golden bow. dagger change is fine but why golden bow???

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

It wouldn't be HiRez balance unless they buffed/nerfed the wrong thing.

Their next change will be to take the crit chance from Golden Bow and put it on Jotunn's.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
Anyone else seeing tons of people crash when they're trying to load into a match? Seven out of the past eleven ranked conquest matches I've played in the last 2 days have had that happen to someone (usually to someone on my team :()

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

There were some reddit murmurs about clients crashing.

https://twitter.com/HirezChris/status/725145578850623489

Might be related but :shrug:

edit-
Also,

Kerrrrrrr posted:

So I dunno how many others follow the pro scene, but retired player/new caster Allied was diagnosed with cancer a couple weeks ago, and yesterday a bunch of Hirez guys and players held a 24 hour stream for him and raised over $32,000. With that and his gofundme they're over $50k total.

I just think that's pretty cool. People poo poo on moba communities a lot but I think the smite one ain't bad.

This year's Spring Fling (charity event HiRez puts together with pros) is going to Allied: http://esports.smitegame.com/2016-spring-fling/

If people haven't donated yet, please do. Any little bit help. Hospital bills are no joke.

double-edit-
gofundme page to help donate:
https://www.gofundme.com/xezf9j2k

cyclonic fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Apr 27, 2016

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Man you know what's really great? Playing Hyper Joust as an immobile mage against a highly mobile ADC! That's totally loving fair right? Especially when the mage has HUGE TELLS and long cast times.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

I love replaying matches that I win when the gamemode is random, because Hi-Rez's lovely servers don't count the win.

Wastid
Oct 21, 2008
Pretty sure fairness is not a huge factor in designing the MoTD.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
New Arachne looks super good, I hope Bacchus is next in line

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Mr. Neutron posted:

New Arachne looks super good, I hope Bacchus is next in line

You mean his knees don't look fantastic to you?

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Man. First win of the day... I'm so super glad this is how we gotta do it. It's not at all frustrating after a 20 game losing streak to just still not get one

Pimp Drakula
Oct 12, 2013

Zain posted:

Man. First win of the day... I'm so super glad this is how we gotta do it. It's not at all frustrating after a 20 game losing streak to just still not get one

Dogg just have a full party of between 3 and 5 people available at any time that can steamroll any opposition in five different game modes consecutively and you'll get it done in half the allotted time?? Seems straightforward to me...

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I'm just pissed off about it because my schedule is packed, seeing the girlfriend yesterday, hockey tonight, friday should be ok so i'll grind out as many as possible, then my schedule is packed until tuesday again.

Goddammit Hirez, I want this lovely avatar.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

dogstile posted:

You mean his knees don't look fantastic to you?

His model is dogshit from top to bottom.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mr. Neutron posted:

His model is dogshit from top to bottom.

yea its pretyt disgusting

im glad arachne got a remodel

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

W.T. Fits posted:

What about Chang'e?

she literally got a buff like a patch ago

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

He just needs retexturing.

I hope they don't remodel him, or if they do they better not touch the King skin. I'm afraid it'll get the Ne Zha Cyberpunk treatment - his bones will get elongated and his chin will disconnect from his body.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

cyclonic posted:

He just needs retexturing.

I hope they don't remodel him, or if they do they better not touch the King skin. I'm afraid it'll get the Ne Zha Cyberpunk treatment - his bones will get elongated and his chin will disconnect from his body.

His model is actually really bad. He already got a partial retexturing a long time ago. And I doubt they'd do anything to The King (AKA the only skin I ever use on him.) or Brynnhildr, as those are newer models.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Sophism posted:

His model is actually really bad. He already got a partial retexturing a long time ago. And I doubt they'd do anything to The King (AKA the only skin I ever use on him.) or Brynnhildr, as those are newer models.

Brynnhildr is the only skin I've actually considered buying FWIW, but that's probably more to do with the fact that I play a lot of Bacchus in general. It's fun to build more offensively on him with items like Etherial Staff, Legion helmet, void stone and play super aggressively. He actually gets passably decent magic power ratios for a guardian and it's kind of funny jumping in on a low health squishy from over a hedge to burp him to death.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Bacchus needs a texture update like what Zeus/Ymir got, but I guess those are technically remodels. Anhur and Sobek need that Zeus/Ymir treatment too.

I just hope they don't change Bacchus too much if they do decide to touch him. He's a leftover concept from when Smite was less serious than it is now.

edit-
Sidenote: I haven't played much Conquest in Season 3 because I keep expecting big changes to be happening. Yesterday I played a game where someone called jungle, then changed their mind and called support.

It's sad to see that people would rather play support (a role I always ended up playing because I always call "fill") over jungle when jungle was THE role people wanted.

cyclonic fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Apr 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
I am legitimately upset you can't laugh spam anymore

• Locked thread