Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScrubLeague

drilldo squirt posted:

Lord help me but I'm thinking of trying out Pokemon again.

I would not recommend it. The games have not gotten significantly better since the originals. They're better, but they're also still the same.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic

drilldo squirt posted:

Lord help me but I'm thinking of trying out Pokemon again.
the old games still hold up. i started playing Fire Red and it's very good, especially with the advent of the fast forward via emulator.

Shaquin

i just think the build quality is real poo poo on the wired 360 pad, I've never had one crap out in under less than a year and it just sits on a desk or is being used for games. and the dpad is such rear end it ruins it for emulation purposes

3D Megadoodoo

Shaquin posted:

whats a good pokemon to start with if i havent played since silver bear in mind id like to be able to tell what the pokemon are supposed to be

pikacu

LordVonEarlDuke

i have a wired John Cena / Hogan WWE All Stars 360 controller with a fantastic Dpad and the shoulder buttons next to the AXBY to make it a jab strong fierce kinda dealio. They also had I think Street Fighter versions but the one with Mr. The Prototype on it was 1/3rd as expensive. wonder why

its actually pretty great. Good for emulation as well as punchgames.

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Shakill OReal posted:

I'm going to retire from video games after Stellaris.

this but also the Witcher 3's next expansion

hi how are you ♥

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

ScrubLeague posted:

I would not recommend it. The games have not gotten significantly better since the originals. They're better, but they're also still the same.

nope they have gotten significantly better.

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

my fantasy is they do some kind of crazy red/blue/gold/silver super remake for 3ds that is in both regions but maybe like with one version you start in johto and then do kanto after the pokemon league, and in the other version it's the opposite way. also you get 2 starters it's all double battles. and the sticker on the cartridge is scratch n sniff andsmells like pizza.

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

ScrubLeague

I'm glad you like the Pokemon games Dr. Dogballs. I think I might have been too old when I played the first one? I don't know why but those games never appealed to me, and I spent a lot of time with Blue trying to figure out what was special about it. I picked up X last year and played it for a while before deciding two decades later that these games continue to be Not For Me.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Salmiakki

ScrubLeague posted:

I'm glad you like the Pokemon games Dr. Dogballs. I think I might have been too old when I played the first one? I don't know why but those games never appealed to me, and I spent a lot of time with Blue trying to figure out what was special about it. I picked up X last year and played it for a while before deciding two decades later that these games continue to be Not For Me.

as you get older you begin to realize just how poo poo the first generation games were. there were so many bugs it was endearing

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

bacalou

i would like pokemon a lot more if it didn't have turn based rando encounters and grinding

Shaquin

LordVonEarlDuke posted:

i have a wired John Cena / Hogan WWE All Stars 360 controller with a fantastic Dpad and the shoulder buttons next to the AXBY to make it a jab strong fierce kinda dealio. They also had I think Street Fighter versions but the one with Mr. The Prototype on it was 1/3rd as expensive. wonder why

this is incredibly rad

3D Megadoodoo

LordVonEarlDuke posted:

More like fantastic Dad

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

How region-locked do games tend to be nowadays? I have an english 3ds but after seeing the limited edition japanese versions that look much nicer, I'm thinking of just getting one of those next time I go on my annual trip to either HK or japan. My bros and I got a sweet darth vader ps4 bundle but I'm sure there's probably this wacky japanese PS4 that has a giant anime wrapped around it.

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

MrWillsauce

okay guys I think I'm gonna go to the Target and buy a dualshock 4... wish me luck

Moola
good luck

MrWillsauce

and it will plug and play and be cool, right? everything's gonna be cool with the dark souls?

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

MrWillsauce posted:

and it will plug and play and be cool, right? everything's gonna be cool with the dark souls?

if ease of installation is your primary concern you are better off with the wired xbox 360 controller as it will plug in and just work

my understanding is that the dualshock will work with some not so difficult finagling but if you aren't specifically sold on the dualshock you might be better off with the xbox 360 controller

MrWillsauce

maybe I will just get a 360 one since that's what all the controls are displayed as in dark souls. I don't have that big of a preference, I just think the dualshock looks a lot nicer and is more comfortable in the hands

MrWillsauce

maybe I will just get a 360 one since that's what all the controls are displayed as in dark souls. I don't have that big of a preference, I just think the dualshock looks a lot nicer and is more comfortable in the hands

MrWillsauce

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

maybe you will just get a 360 one since that's what all the controls are displayed as in dark souls. you don't have that big of a preference, you just think the dualshock looks a lot nicer and is more comfortable in the hands

Moola
DS4 WIndows is piss easy to get working and really cool for macros and stuff

DS4 is good

MrWillsauce

I have no idea how that triple post happened but you made me laugh with your post bo-bepper. I straight up chuckled out loud. Anyways yeah I guess I'll get a dual shock 4... or maybe I'll just see which one is cheaper at the store. Man this is such a momentous decision.

Scaly Haylie

all right i'm bad at names, who wants to be associated with this little fellow

bare bottom pancakes

Production: Complete

Lizard Wizard posted:

all right i'm bad at names, who wants to be associated with this little fellow

i'll do it

Scaly Haylie

welcome aboard Drac Impulse

Scaly Haylie

bo-peps evolved :geno:

Scaly Haylie

and oh yeah here's mrs. magpie who i caught last night

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Lizard Wizard posted:

bo-peps evolved :geno:

looks like I have a shiny grey butt for a face

Scaly Haylie

yeah, and also your namesake evolved

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

heyoo

bare bottom pancakes

Production: Complete
:eyepop:

Scaly Haylie

the team has narrowly avoided death at the hands of a bug lady whose bugs can infest their enemies with tinier bugs, and for our victory she has shared with us this terrible technique.

also we got a badge i guess

Scaly Haylie

i'm naming this kind bud Shaquin.

MrWillsauce

lol bud

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

MrWillsauce posted:

I have no idea how that triple post happened but you made me laugh with your post bo-bepper. I straight up chuckled out loud. Anyways yeah I guess I'll get a dual shock 4... or maybe I'll just see which one is cheaper at the store. Man this is such a momentous decision.

just pick one and stick with it, cripes

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
If you get a ds4 make sure you use ds4windows "hide ds4" option or it will not work in dark souls games and be a little buggy in games that support the directly (not many)

LordVonEarlDuke

Jerry Cotton posted:

More like fantastic Dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious

lizard wizard

catch the poke man in my avatar