Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Don Frye is so badass he can break gravity, I guess Dr Wagner is pretty cool too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Mierenneuker posted:

Not so much a glitch as a PC game not playing nice with modern hard- & software.

That's supposed to be Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, a first person shooter with a western setting from 2009.

It's also a Techland game so this should come as no surprise at all

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
I played through all of Gunslinger recently and it was basically perfect, so it's hosed up that apparently every other game they've made is trash.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

HMS Boromir posted:

I played through all of Gunslinger recently and it was basically perfect, so it's hosed up that apparently every other game they've made is trash.

It kind of makes sense in a way. Look at Blood Dragon as well. At launch the price was a quarter that of a normal AAA game and you can tell that Unisoft and the talent there had a blast making it. poo poo, it has Michael Biehn in it and he gives a gently caress compared to wanting to slit his wrists during Colonial Marines.
Same developer, smaller budget than the 'real' games in their respective series, etc.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HMS Boromir posted:

Hey, dying light is a kickass game!

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

GyverMac posted:

Hey, dying light is a kickass game!

Christ, I forgot they made Dead Island too. Anyway, I keep hearing that about Dying Light, but between the open world, the zombies, the skill trees and the loot/crafting it seems purpose-built to have every single thing I don't want in it. I guess it's a really good one of those games though so alright, two good games.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
In what world does "I don't like it" = "It's trash" though

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
It doesn't and you caught me before I edited my post!! I'm bad at posting!!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

CJacobs posted:

...the internet?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

CJacobs posted:

Mine, because my tastes are objective.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

HMS Boromir posted:

CoJ Bound in Blood is a pretty good game too and worth playing if you can get it to run on a more modern machine.

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot
Dont worry guys. Dying light is repetitive garbage

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Dying light does seem like someone tried to shoehorn every current trend into a single game so I'm not surprised people would just assume it's bad.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I was expecting it to be a disaster, but after my best friend recommended it, I picked Dying Light up and yeah, it's actually pretty good. GOTY? All-time classic? By no means. A decent way to spent a few bucks and hours? Yeah, unless you are not a fan of the kind of game, it's a pretty good time.

Does a good job of nighttime being genuinely loving terrifying.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I torrented Dying Light for shits and gigs, expecting to laugh at the bad game, and then ended up dropping cash on it about 2 hours after I started playing. It is a hundred times better than it has any right to be.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
I played Dead Island and it scratched that very specific "melee zombies in the goddamn face" itch, but wasn't particularly good otherwise.

A couple of years later, Dead Island Riptide came out and I picked it up because hey, new smack zombies in the face simulator. I also grabbed Dying Light on release at the same time, and holy poo poo does Dying Light do everything better.

I still have not played past the first hour or so of Riptide because I decided to try Dying Light and can't go back.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

princecoo posted:

I played Dead Island and it scratched that very specific "melee zombies in the goddamn face" itch, but wasn't particularly good otherwise.

A couple of years later, Dead Island Riptide came out and I picked it up because hey, new smack zombies in the face simulator. I also grabbed Dying Light on release at the same time, and holy poo poo does Dying Light do everything better.

I still have not played past the first hour or so of Riptide because I decided to try Dying Light and can't go back.

Exactly this.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Dying Light is basically what happens when Mirror's Edge makes bad life decisions and sleeps with Dead Island but then keeps the accidental pregnancy and raises the child with love and respect, resulting in good kid despite everything, with zombies.

Mister Adequate posted:

Does a good job of nighttime being genuinely loving terrifying.

Also this.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Riptide is exactly the same game as the original dead island only far loving stupider

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
This thread has wrong warped into game reviews now.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?

Angry Diplomat posted:

Dying Light is basically what happens when Mirror's Edge makes bad life decisions and sleeps with Dead Island but then keeps the accidental pregnancy and raises the child with love and respect, resulting in good kid despite everything, with zombies.

Also this.

I think this is the third or fourth game you've made me buy with descriptions like that.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

MisterBibs posted:

I've only heard this one third hand so I don't remember much about the game, but it's a glitch that has stuck with me after first hearing about it, long ago.

It was some NES-era game, which involved you in a tank blowing up some other tanks and stuff. You'd shoot things, they'd turn red to show they've taken damage. Do it enough, they'd blow up, and you'd move on.

There was an insidious exploit/glitch, though: if you paused while your enemy was red, the game would just assume that the enemy was perpetually taking damage. Lower level guys, bosses, it didn't matter: land a hit, pause when it turned red, and wait a while. Unpause, and it'll be dead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Battletank

This was SNES for me. My friend owned it and by accident we found that if you paused it when an enemy had turned red during a hit the dmg would continue to register. The best way to achieve this was to use the anti-infantry machine gun, fire in bursts and rapidly pause

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Lblitzer posted:

This thread has wrong warped into game reviews now.

Dying light is a fine game, and its the game I played the most on xboxone. To me its drat near the perfect zombie game. However it is not without the occasional glitch. Like the time my grappling hook decided to defy gravity:

http://xboxclips.com/Chrizter/6d0ca489-5fa4-47ad-a3cb-a1cff9973748/embed

GyverMac has a new favorite as of 15:55 on Apr 28, 2016

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Now the people who unironically play 24 hours of le mans mode are genuinely nuts tho.

Did that once with some friends at Uni we took it in shifts and set up some another TV to watch movies on and had some beers and snacks while we did it.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

beato posted:

Did that once with some friends at Uni we took it in shifts and set up some another TV to watch movies on and had some beers and snacks while we did it.

That's exactly how they do it irl too.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Wheany posted:

That's exactly how they do it irl too.

Well then what's the point?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

Riptide is exactly the same game as the original dead island only far loving stupider

IIRC Riptide was their publisher telling them to put out another Dead Island game right away. They didn't have a lot of time so it kind of got thrown together with no real plan.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Who What Now posted:

Well then what's the point?

Party game? Weird thing to do? Does it really need a point?

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Party game? Weird thing to do? Does it really need a point?

I think they meant what the point of the actual 24 hour race is.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

HMS Boromir posted:

I think they meant what the point of the actual 24 hour race is.

You could ask this of relay races. It's a sport. :shrug:

In any case, it's an endurance test for the cars, and by extension a test of the maintenance people's skill and ingenuity. Also a logistical challenge for getting people and equipment to the right places at the right times.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

In any case, it's an endurance test for the cars, and by extension a test of the maintenance people's skill and ingenuity. Also a logistical challenge for getting people and equipment to the right places at the right times.

But think how much more awesome it would be if the race was about which drivers could handle the amount of amphetamines necessary to maintain a car at 120mph for a whole 24 hours?

General Specific
Jun 22, 2007

I had one of those, but the front wheel fell off and I had to get rid of it.

In the Le Mans Prototype (LMP) classes it's also a place for manufacturers to test out new technology. Generally the rules are looser than F1 so there's more variety in car design.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
The point of the 24 Hours of Le Mans is actually to get drunk and have a giant party, and oh yeah there are cars going by in the background. :shrug:

But yeah the original idea was to make more durable cars, and then it became this coveted prize the way insane ideas often do. I find the concept and the atmosphere around it rather fascinating, but not everyone does.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

https://fat.gfycat.com/ThriftyYoungAfricancivet.webm

Edit: O god how do i resize webms

Haruharuharuko has a new favorite as of 03:43 on May 5, 2016

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Agent 47, your mission is to infiltrate Something Awful and assassinate the tables.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Help I've fallen and I can't get up!

Also in that level you can find some cans of sauce. They're non-lethal melee weapons you can fling at people for instant-KOs :getin:

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Not in game but still game related.

Wowhead's model viewer is glitching out with the old belf models.

Those tittays tho.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

beato posted:

Not in game but still game related.

Wowhead's model viewer is glitching out with the old belf models.

Those tittays tho.

please dont post my dance moves

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xamw4ysitnA

It's been going for 10 minutes and shows no signs of stopping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Physics! :pseudo: