Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Rhyno posted:

No, point is it's kind of doubtful that Disney and Sony would cast one actor to play two on screen roles in the shared universe.

Stan Lee is practically carrying every Marvel movie on his overworked back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Ghostlight posted:

Is JARVIS the Vision?

It seemed complicated but the easy answer was yes. And that's how Marvel justified breaking their own "no second role" rule that is official over at the Disney side of things. Of course that calls into question this:

Uthor posted:

Stan Lee is practically carrying every Marvel movie on his overworked back.

But it just goes into the fan theory I love that Stan the Man is actually The Watcher this whole time.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
The real reason that the Inhumans movie was cancelled: They discovered a scene was written where Groot and Black Bolt appear on screen at the same time.

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Apr 25, 2016

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."
WE INTERRUPT THIS CONVERSATION TO BRING YOU A COMIC ALREADY IN PROGRESS

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JediTalentAgent posted:

The real reason that the Inhumans movie was cancelled: They discovered a scene was written where Groot and Black Bolt appear on screen at the same time.

I'm still going with the idea that the stench of the AoS Inhumans was so strong they decided to bail on the entire project.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

ManiacClown posted:

That's it, I've got to start reading Spider-Man/Deadpool. When Spidey's the straight man, holy drat will comedy ensue.

Hell we haven't gotten to the dance routine yet, either.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Shameful.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

I need a recipe for the Ultimate Drunkifier like...yesterday.

Ultimate Extinction #2

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Beachcomber posted:

I need a recipe for the Ultimate Drunkifier like...yesterday.

Ultimate Extinction #2

Nick Fury never questions Bruce Dickenson.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

joehonkie posted:

I love the drinks in that.

Last Year's Thor Annual

Love me a good weird-drink drinking game. Reminds me of k6bd, if you'll excuse the non-print reference. But less wordy. Or musical.

I kinda want recipes for the Marvel ones now.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
from The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #7:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Archyduke posted:

This is a pretty funny "Choose Your Own Adventure" style issue.

I've been loving the Tweets at the start of every issue. The first few issues was her constantly trying to get the attention of Tony Stark. Now he just replies back.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
#ironmansplaining

that's good stuff

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also, shut up Tony, you weren't even IN Secret Wars!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

redbackground posted:

#ironmansplaining

that's good stuff

#ironmansplaining could pretty much sum up Tony's attitude throughout Civil War I.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
from Sins Of The Wreckers 4 where old slapstick gags still (Wreck 'n) rule

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

flosofl posted:

I've been loving the Tweets at the start of every issue. The first few issues was her constantly trying to get the attention of Tony Stark. Now he just replies back.

https://twitter.com/starkmantony/status/725142051277283328
Holy poo poo, they actually made twitter accounts for this and do it for real on twitter.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Archyduke posted:

How come hes talking like that? Thats not how Galactus talks.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

bunnyofdoom posted:

https://twitter.com/starkmantony/status/725142051277283328
Holy poo poo, they actually made twitter accounts for this and do it for real on twitter.

:aaaaa:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fsmhunk posted:

How come hes talking like that? Thats not how Galactus talks.

How do you know how Galactus talks? Have you ever talked to Galactus? No, it's always the running away and screaming and being a dick. No wonder he never talks to you.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I bet somebody at Marvel realized if they didn't at least squat on the Twitter handles they were using in the book they would quickly get snatched and put to less-than-savory purposes. Good on them for realizing that before they actually shipped whatever issue they started doing twitter in.

Plus its Ryan North writing it and he's pretty fuckin hip to Internet. Wouldn't be surprised if he made all those accounts himself.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Travis343 posted:

I bet somebody at Marvel realized if they didn't at least squat on the Twitter handles they were using in the book they would quickly get snatched and put to less-than-savory purposes. Good on them for realizing that before they actually shipped whatever issue they started doing twitter in.

Plus its Ryan North writing it and he's pretty fuckin hip to Internet. Wouldn't be surprised if he made all those accounts himself.

Yeah that's been a thing since volume one of USG. So they've had those accounts for at least a year now.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

ImpAtom posted:

How do you know how Galactus talks? Have you ever talked to Galactus? No, it's always the running away and screaming and being a dick. No wonder he never talks to you.

He also steps on your sandwiches

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
This has actually been a banner week for fans of Galactus lounging. From Ultimates #6

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

This has been a wonderful week for me. I knew the Big G was going to be a big part of Ultimates, but I didn't expect a spotlight issue where the titular team is barely in two pages.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

flosofl posted:

Big fan of the Howard callbacks.

[Howard the Duck #1]

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Excellent use of the Spider-Man: No More!! pose there. Somebody at DC had the a similar idea in Grayson #19:

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Kwyndig posted:

Yeah that's been a thing since volume one of USG. So they've had those accounts for at least a year now.

I'm disgusted that @starkmantony isn't a verified account.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Travis343 posted:

Excellent use of the Spider-Man: No More!! pose there. Somebody at DC had the a similar idea in Grayson #19:

I felt a great disturbance in the internet, like a million fangirls all posting to fanfiction.net at once...

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

Big fan of the Howard callbacks.

[Howard the Duck #1]

Spiderman uses Bing?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Of course not. He's asking Siri to use bing.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

AfroSquirrel posted:

Spiderman uses Bing?

Just trying to be movie accurate.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

Of course not. He's asking Siri to use bing.

I assume now that Parker Industries have their own search engine that all WebWare stuff is defaulted to... and everyone still uses Google.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
BvS spoiler.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

AfroSquirrel posted:

Spiderman uses Bing?
WebCrawler doesn't have much market penetration.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Howard The Duck #4.
You need to have watched Gravity Falls.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Say Nothing posted:

Howard The Duck #4.
You need to have watched Gravity Falls.

Could you post smaller versions of the images, please? Some of that text is almost legible.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Woebin posted:

Could you post smaller versions of the images, please? Some of that text is almost legible.

I was thinking of asking to have JPEG artifacts added, but your way works too.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I posted those a while ago, here's them again, big enough for you to read:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

As a former Floridian, I really want that hat.