Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Kabakura is taking three different types of damage at once in that last panel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I also use Kirby.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
Just stopped by to say that Zoglin has impeccable taste and that Otaku Love is loving hilarious.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I also use Kirby.

I'm surprised someone else remembered how powerful Wii-fit trainer can be.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Tarage posted:

Just stopped by to say that Zoglin has impeccable taste and that Otaku Love is loving hilarious.

I actually have terrible taste, as demonstrated by this thing I just did. Nobody wants to read this.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

z0glin Warchief posted:

I actually have terrible taste, as demonstrated by this thing I just did. Nobody wants to read this.

We'll see about that.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

z0glin Warchief posted:

adding to op...

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

:eng101: Salting the poo poo out of fish is also what you want to do if you want to keep it around for a while. The lack of moisture fucks up a lot of microbes really hard!

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

:negative:

Sharkopath posted:

adding to op...

:negative::negative::negative:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Cooking manga is good, and I enjoyed this. Thanks, Zoglin!

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

z0glin Warchief posted:

Ever thought of translating the 420 untranslated volumes of Cooking Papa?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

z0glin Warchief posted:

if there's one thing fate readers didn't get enough of, it was cooking

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
It's not in season now (at least in Japan), but if you have a hankering for mikans, look for satsumas or mandarins which are the same

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Rodyle posted:

if there's one thing fate readers didn't get enough of, it was cooking

This but unironically

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Minor tangent but is Fate/Stay worth playing? It's always recommended as far as visual novels go and I knew a guy who was really into the series and he gave me the files. But whenever he talked about it, it felt really impenetrable. Also something about 50+ dead ends, not sure about that one.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

How much patience do you have for incomprehensible technobabble?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Brought To You By posted:

Minor tangent but is Fate/Stay worth playing? It's always recommended as far as visual novels go and I knew a guy who was really into the series and he gave me the files. But whenever he talked about it, it felt really impenetrable. Also something about 50+ dead ends, not sure about that one.

with the PC realta nua patch, yes

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
It's extremely long and a significant portion of that length is the main characters talking about food

There's a lot of bad/dead ends but that's half the fun. It's not like it's an actual game; if you get a bad end just go to the last choice you made and pick the other one. Personally I used a guide to specifically make sure I got all of the bad ends.

I like it a lot but it can definitely be pretty impenetrable, especially with the shoehorned in sex scenes. I also think that the first route (out of three) is by far the worst one, which is a problem.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mors Rattus posted:

How much patience do you have for incomprehensible technobabble?
I enjoyed the stuff in 999 and I'm enjoying VLR for as much as I've played.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Check out Ever17, Remember 11, and whichever of those other games got translated if you like 999 and VLR. If I remember right, the main dude behind the Zero Escape games was one of the main writers/directors/whatever of Ever17 (and the other games in that series) and they have a lot of similarities, especially if you like the weird science discussions.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

play steins gate

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

DoubleDonut posted:

It's extremely long and a significant portion of that length is the main characters talking about food

There's a lot of bad/dead ends but that's half the fun. It's not like it's an actual game; if you get a bad end just go to the last choice you made and pick the other one. Personally I used a guide to specifically make sure I got all of the bad ends.

I like it a lot but it can definitely be pretty impenetrable, especially with the shoehorned in sex scenes. I also think that the first route (out of three) is by far the worst one, which is a problem.

Something to keep in mind then.

DoubleDonut posted:

Check out Ever17, Remember 11, and whichever of those other games got translated if you like 999 and VLR. If I remember right, the main dude behind the Zero Escape games was one of the main writers/directors/whatever of Ever17 (and the other games in that series) and they have a lot of similarities, especially if you like the weird science discussions.

I do like Uchikoshi's penchant for taking obscure science topics and making them make sense. (also referencing Kurt Vonegutt a fair amount). I've heard of Ever17 and how it relates to the design of 999 and it's on my list as well.

Davincie posted:

play steins gate
I actually have this just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

you get to see saber's bare breasts

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Collect all the stupid deaths to see the Tiger Dojos. Skip the terrible sex scene.

It's pretty good if you do that.

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

read umineko

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Argona posted:

read umineko

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Don't read Umineko, and don't read Ever17.

Especially don't read Ever17.

e: do however download every single Umineko related album since it has the best soundtrack of any video game

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
It's sad the Ever17 remake that supposedly cut down on some of the repetitiveness never got translated

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Rodyle posted:

Don't read Umineko,

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Umineko has some amazing high points and fantastic, three dimensional characters.

It's a shame none of them matter.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

K. Flaps posted:

Ever thought of translating the 420 untranslated volumes of Cooking Papa?

:eyepop:

I'm pretty sure I don't have the stamina/focus/dedication/lifespan to work on something that long.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
think of all the untranslated food I will never be able to pretend eat

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

z0glin Warchief posted:

:eyepop:

I'm pretty sure I don't have the stamina/focus/dedication/lifespan to work on something that long.

cooking papa is one of those series that is important enough it should have been started by somebody years ago but nobody ever did, so theres no cooking papa in english

old stuff is a hard sell....

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

cooking papa is one of those series that is important enough it should have been started by somebody years ago but nobody ever did, so theres no cooking papa in english

old stuff is a hard sell....

I know I've read some in English, unless you mean physical releases

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

v.2 c.16 by Bartley Scanlations (773d ago)

Oh...

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The halcyon days of scanlations are over. No one is gonna commit to doing that entire series.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

The halcyon days of scanlations are over. No one is gonna commit to doing that entire series.

Fine. I'm willing to settle for all 151 episodes of the anime.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
Honestly I'm fine with Zoglin just giving us the most accurate F/SN manga adaptation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

*slips zoglin crisp $20 bill* you knows what kind of fate stay night comic i want translated :mrgw:

• Locked thread