Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

Jurgan posted:

I'm sure Move On has some nuts, but the official statement from the organization is that the person with the most pledged delegates should win the nomination.

Yeah, sorry, I was referring to the comments section.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
Isn't the argument about the bathroom issue that men will just walk in and creep on women because obviously now they can and will! Even though this hasn't or will not happen. This of course is coming from my Facebook friends who are consistently on the wrong side of history.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Holy poo poo guys, I know it's old news at this point but the four-term Republican speaker of the house was molesting schoolboys and paying hush money. Moral majority etc. Kinda puts the bathroom thing in a new perspective.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
He got 15 months, a $250,000 fine and court ordered sex offender program.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Pass a law so that Republicans have to go to a special bathroom and Democrats aren't allowed to send MMS messages.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Honestly, who'd go to a public bathroom to get their rocks off? We have the loving Internet in all of it's debauched glory, and these fuckers are worried that someone'll try to peak under a stall.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Keeping soldiers semi functional psychologically is actually pretty important (and something most militaries are garbage at). Dunno how well the Kurdish commies do at it other than high morale... although I do seem to recall something about group discussion sessions. :v:

ChristopherRobin
Feb 27, 2011

Corgis with attitude.

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Isn't the argument about the bathroom issue that men will just walk in and creep on women because obviously now they can and will! Even though this hasn't or will not happen. This of course is coming from my Facebook friends who are consistently on the wrong side of history.

They always seem to forget that homosexuals use the same bathroom as them and are just as capable as anyone else to oogle them. I hesitate to even point it out to people sometimes because I'm afraid it'll start this, "You're right! Those drat homos are trying to screw me!" mentality in them.

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!
http://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/crime/2016/04/27/false-social-media-must-stop-family-killed-howard-hs-teen-say/83602782/ This is a local story that got some national attention.

I would love to know how many of the people who are shaming the parents of the students involved (i.e. all black parents in history) would be okay with raising their taxes to better fund our schools and to help prevent these incidents from happening.

Coincidentally this week is the 1 year anniversary of the death of another (black) local high school kid after he fell and struck his head in a fight at a house party with the son of a Delaware State Trooper. The narrative is "they both agreed to a fight and that is a binding contract similar to MMA fighters and that they both knew they could die from their actions". (There isn't any evidence the state police tried to cover up his death or anything like that)

Both the girl and boy in these stories were not beaten to death by their attackers, rather they fell and struck their heads and died from head injuries. Of course, local people want the girls' heads to roll while the boy from the other fight is being seen as a victim of bad luck.

Local stories are so infuriating on social media.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Keeshhound posted:

Honestly, who'd go to a public bathroom to get their rocks off? We have the loving Internet in all of it's debauched glory, and these fuckers are worried that someone'll try to peak under a stall.

Non-consent is part of the thrill for some people. I don't think the Internet has made this better, and possibly made it worse. See: r/creepshots

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Doctor Butts posted:

Pass a law so that Republicans have to go to a special bathroom and Democrats aren't allowed to send MMS messages.

btw the Weiner documentary looks amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ4FIGnJknk

Duncan Doenitz
Nov 17, 2010

There are four lights.
Woah Nelly, I got a live one here! I'm the Vault Boy. For additional fun, all of these straight white men identify as libertarians!

(I know it's come up before, but does anyone know what happened to Social Fixer? I miss the convenience and punny names.)

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Facebook is updating their back end constantly which makes keeping a free extension up to date really difficult.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Duncan Doenitz posted:

Woah Nelly, I got a live one here! I'm the Vault Boy. For additional fun, all of these straight white men identify as libertarians!

(I know it's come up before, but does anyone know what happened to Social Fixer? I miss the convenience and punny names.)

Look at that picture. That "boy" is clearly terrified of what all these girls might to do to "him." Are we supposed to think the girls are threatened? I read this in one of two ways. A: They are a transgirl and the other girls need to be taught not to bully her for not looking like girls are "supposed to." B: They are a transboy who is used to using the boys' room, but is being forced by new laws to use the gender matching his birth certificate, clearly making everyone uncomfortable.

It suddenly occurred to me: Are you required to put a gender on a birth certificate? Could a baby who is born intersex be labeled as neither gender on their birth certificate?

Edit: And how would allowing trans people to use whichever bathroom cost enormous amounts of money? "They're being really selfish?" gently caress you, it doesn't affect you at all.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Duncan Doenitz posted:

"it would be rather selfish of them to demand equal consideration"

A true libertarian

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jurgan posted:

It suddenly occurred to me: Are you required to put a gender on a birth certificate? Could a baby who is born intersex be labeled as neither gender on their birth certificate?
Yes. The standard practice for intersex children is for them to be assigned the closest convenient gender at birth, there's no intermediate option afaik.

And more rarely kids get assigned the closest convenient gender just because doctors gently caress up and destroy their genitals, like David Reimer. :stonkhat:

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.

Duncan Doenitz posted:

That last one really digs deep into the banality of evil - I'll take a bigot any day over some glibertarian admitting there's a real problem but "sorry, it costs money so you gotta stay second class citizens :shrug:"

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Not to mention how it "only affects a small fraction of the population". Good thing we don't rely on the percentage it'd affect as the sole indicator if a bill is right or not!

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Conversely: if it only affects such a small portion of the population why is everyone up in arms about it?

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Jurgan posted:

Birth certificates are done at the state level so it's hard to say what the laws are in every state, but I'm gonna go with "lol, no" since a lot of states don't even allow you to amend your birth certificate in the event that you're transgender.

Also, if that were possible and supported in many states we probably wouldn't have all the horrible stories of intersex people being assigned a gender based on the convenience of whatever surgery the doctor thinks is easier to do. There's also the case of David Reimer who was forcibly raised as a girl after a botched circumcision that eventually resulted in his suicide.

It's all mega-hosed and stems from gender being forcibly assigned at birth without consent of the actual person. This works kind of okay for most people, but leads to extreme tragedy in cases where the assigned gender is wrong.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Bathrooms have a natural defense layer?!?! :psyboom:

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
Bathrooms have ways of shutting that down

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
So, question that you'd almost never get an honest answer to:

Let's say we just make all public restrooms (not locker rooms, just the ones with rows of stalls) unisex. What would realistically be the result, if, in this hypothetical scenario, you could convince everyone to go along with it?

Because my money's on "virtually nothing would change."

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Rick_Hunter posted:

Bathrooms have a natural defense layer?!?! :psyboom:

Yeah you know those things you put on toilet seats?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Guavanaut posted:

Yes. The standard practice for intersex children is for them to be assigned the closest convenient gender at birth, there's no intermediate option afaik.

And more rarely kids get assigned the closest convenient gender just because doctors gently caress up and destroy their genitals, like David Reimer. :stonkhat:

Has anyone tried using the David Reimer case in the context of gender dysphoria? Because imho it seems that if a forcibly transitioned individual grows on to identify with their inborn sex, that this has to invalidate whatever the hell "skeptics" have to say regarding gender dysphoria. I mean they won't actually admit they're wrong but it has to at least make them seethe.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Has anyone tried using the David Reimer case in the context of gender dysphoria? Because imho it seems that if a forcibly transitioned individual grows on to identify with their inborn sex, that this has to invalidate whatever the hell "skeptics" have to say regarding gender dysphoria. I mean they won't actually admit they're wrong but it has to at least make them seethe.

The David Reimer case is unfortunate, and it can easily be twisted by anti-trans people into, "liberals thought gender didn't exist, tried to raise their boy as a girl, and this poor man committed suicide because :biotruths:. So therefore it's very important that we enforce people to conform to a gender based on their chromosomes." It's a dumb argument for a lot of reasons, but that's the way it shakes out when viewed through an anti-trans lens.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Keeshhound posted:

Let's say we just make all public restrooms (not locker rooms, just the ones with rows of stalls) unisex. What would realistically be the result, if, in this hypothetical scenario, you could convince everyone to go along with it?

I'd have to actually wait in line for the restroom at Oktoberfests, and that's a tragedy.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Nah they'll just say "he was confused and disturbed and so did a terrible thing."

There seem to be some people who think trans people don't exist entirely and it's just hairy bearded men in dresses, but most seem to understand that there are people who think they want to be the other gender, but that they are sick or confused or just perverts.

It is a wedge issue because it boils down to "society is changing and I don't like it because it's not what I'm used to, so I'm going to mock it." It has very little to do with logic.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/04/oklahoma-court-rules-that-forced-oral-sex-is-not-rape-if-victim-is-unconscious-from-drinking/

FB commentator posted:

Wow that's a grossly misleading headline. "The two had been drinking in a Tulsa park" That doesn't sound like "forced oral sex" at all. But then again what do I know? I still subscribe to "outdated notions about rape" wherein its simply not just to hold the guy accountable if _both_ parties are intoxicated.

“We will not, in order to justify prosecution of a person for an offense, enlarge a statute beyond the fair meaning of its language.”

Translation: We're not joining you in your rape culture witch hunt.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

Keeshhound posted:

Having used a unisex public restroom, the only weird thing about it was how unremarkable it felt after a lifetime of using separate restrooms.

On the other side of it, strangest of all is when goddamn port-a-potties are marked as being for a particular gender.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Jesus loving Christ on a cracker "outdated notions about rape"? Ask any decent person over the age of 40 and they'll definitely find something wrong with mouthfucking someone whose unconscious. Obviously not this judge though, but that's besides the point. Heck at least this judge has the excuse of trying to maintain the sanctity of what he thinks the law is.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Jesus loving Christ on a cracker "outdated notions about rape"? Ask any decent person over the age of 40 and they'll definitely find something wrong with mouthfucking someone whose unconscious. Obviously not this judge though, but that's besides the point. Heck at least this judge has the excuse of trying to maintain the sanctity of what he thinks the law is.

JudgeS, plural. It was a unanimous decision by these folks:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

ZobarStyl posted:

That last one really digs deep into the banality of evil - I'll take a bigot any day over some glibertarian admitting there's a real problem but "sorry, it costs money so you gotta stay second class citizens :shrug:"

The other day Glenn Beck said "Do you know what the consequence of bringing jobs back from China would be? That 650 dollar iPhone would now cost over 2,000 dollars." Even ignoring that I'm pretty sure he's wrong about that, how loving evil do you have to be to say "Get rid of slave labor? But then things I wanna buy would be more expensive!"

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Reminds those judges of their college fraternity days. First one at the kegger to pass out ALWAYS got hosed in the mouth, and it was all in good fun.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum

Twelve by Pies posted:

The other day Glenn Beck said "Do you know what the consequence of bringing jobs back from China would be? That 650 dollar iPhone would now cost over 2,000 dollars." Even ignoring that I'm pretty sure he's wrong about that, how loving evil do you have to be to say "Get rid of slave labor? But then things I wanna buy would be more expensive!"

Or the fact that even though electronics were expensive when we had american manufacturing they were still within reach because wages were still decent. But we can now only afford slave labor electronics because its all one giant race to the bottom.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Twelve by Pies posted:

Is that based on the assumption that they'd keep their same percentage of profit?

So if it costs $100 to make, they charge $650 and make $550 profit, raising the production cost to $300 would mean they have to charge $2000 so they can get a $1700 profit per phone?
That makes sense.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Is that based on the assumption that they'd keep their same percentage of profit?

So if it costs $100 to make, they charge $650 and make $550 profit, raising the production cost to $300 would mean they have to charge $2000 so they can get a $1700 profit per phone?
That makes sense.

I think it's just based on insane assumptions in general as well as the idea that the super rich are also as skittish as deer. You can't take their profit margins away or they'll bound off into the woods never to be seen again, taking all their money with them. This will implode the world economy somehow and nobody will ever have food again.

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.
This article provides some numbers, which look reasonable enough.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Nyarai posted:

This article provides some numbers, which look reasonable enough.

Paying less than 10% monthly on rent. GWM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Keeshhound posted:

The lines at major events would become a more universal problem.