Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Cyron posted:

I am returning to the game, my charater is still in 2nd guild but i started a new charater and i want to join TPT. is there any rules to alts or do my alt need to be in the 2nd guild?

If you're not playing both characters actively, it'd be a courtesy to remove the inactive one from the FC it's in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I think I'm going to have to buy the Garlond Ironworks gear once I get back in two weeks. I've always loved that sort of gear, and one thing that always annoyed me since 1.0 is that I was never able to get the Onion Doublet through 1.0 Grand Company Leves or through Ventures in 2.0+. This is the next best thing- hell, it all looks even better.

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Level a cross class or try another role?

I have every main job at 60, minus DRK and AST. My crafting classes are all also 50+, which makes getting them higher more difficult without access to HW leves. I don't really have the time to focus on much gameplay out here anyway, so I suppose it works out... would be nice to continue getting Lore Tomes for this week, but it's not important.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
So we were waiting for the tank to return from catastrophic packet loss-related disconnection, and one thing lead to another, and, uh

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Glorious :allears:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

So we were waiting for the tank to return from catastrophic packet loss-related disconnection, and one thing lead to another, and, uh

Those two cat people have awesome glamours.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Truly, truly outrageous!

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I seriously wish I could be an naive as you. To see the world and everything in it with completely innocence must be a mutant power. Now let's talk about your points:

Vast bulk would never notice, huh? I highly doubt that. They'd notice (like I said) that DF queue times were much longer, and when they did get into a dungeon see point 1 bellow:

1: I'd sooner have someone bail because they don't like the dungeon at the beginning than slow it down even more by just willfully derping along. People being forced into doing something they don't like will put forth the bare minimum of effort. Making that dungeon go even slower.

2: I've said it before, and I'll say it again: There are countless amounts of resources that can be found not only on these forums alone, but with a simple google search for people to learn for themselves. I am not going to waste my time trying to 'teach' someone is who to lazy to do their own research. (Before you ask, no I'm not a mentor.)

3: I'm one of those people who tends to be silent through a dungeon run. I'm not there to chit chat, as my only reason for being in any given dungeon is to get through quickly and efficiently. If someone is being rude, talking more than healing/dps'ing/tank cooldowns, I will vote kick them. They are impeding the run. If that fails to go through, I will leave on my own. I refuse to spend 40 minutes in a dungeon that can be run in 20, just because someone else is dragging their feet and being a chatty cathy.

Think about things realistically, instead of rainbow happy flowers. People are selfish, and only in it for themselves. Take away their reward for 'helping' someone else or punishing them harshly for not helping, and they will completely avoid the situation in the future, and find other ways to get around it.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Man, whoever wrote that is really projecting there.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I just did Void Ark for the first time last night,Mia it a callback to an earlier Final Fantasy the way CT was or did they just reuse some iconic boss names and designs.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I just did Void Ark for the first time last night,Mia it a callback to an earlier Final Fantasy the way CT was or did they just reuse some iconic boss names and designs.

The latter; Vark is entirely original in design and the subsequent two raids will also be original (and taking place in entirely different locations, I believe.)

I choose to believe that the seed of the entire 24 man story this expansion was someone going "Hey remember that disgusting demon enemy in FFXII called Cuchulainn wasn't that ridiculous?" and someone else went "hey what was Cuchulainn's teacher called" and the rest was history.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Meiteron posted:

I choose to believe that the seed of the entire 24 man story this expansion was someone going "Hey remember that disgusting demon enemy in FFXII called Cuchulainn wasn't that ridiculous?" and someone else went "hey what was Cuchulainn's teacher called" and the rest was history.

There's also the fact that Mhach was one of the only historical nations we hadn't murdered yet.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I really hope the next 24 man has a different aesthetic than dark purple.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

seiferguy posted:

The darkest dankest purple.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

purple haze all in my raid

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The background to Sephiroth's fight is a purple haze. Just saying.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

seiferguy posted:

It was going to be but yoshi is a big prince fan

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

kafziel posted:

It does, yes. The CUL quests happen before the 2.55 story, so you're just seeing things slightly out of order.

I like to imagine that they're propping her corpse up there Weekend at Bernie's style if you do the quest in that time.
And as for doing the Dragoon quests at this point in the story I'm just assuming Nidhogg just likes messing with you.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not like it makes much more sense if you do Dragoon before Heavensward either.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

SilverSupernova posted:

I like to imagine that they're propping her corpse up there Weekend at Bernie's style if you do the quest in that time.
And as for doing the Dragoon quests at this point in the story I'm just assuming Nidhogg just likes messing with you.

Well for CUL it's not her corpse, she's just in a coma, as for the DRG quests, well, they're just weird no matter when you do them.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
first off you won't get armor that look like female version or what not. second people refer to mage armor as dress there robes. finally this request and demand are both outrages. why is outrages first your basic say to the Devs make all character armor look the same this desire is first sloppy and dull and imppossible. let take why it impossible because every character gender is basic off really human anatomy and physiology. male and female in rl are different. as man i look different for a woman i can't help that and when i put on woman clothes which i have never done i would look very different. armor for a female character would look different on males. the question is how much different

I also worried that they be to revealing

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Kwyndig posted:

Well for CUL it's not her corpse, she's just in a coma,

That doesn't mean they can't use that explanation anyway.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
Clearly that was just a body double that Lolorito sent out to keep the public blissfully unaware. Problem solved. :colbert:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Technogeek posted:

and when i put on woman clothes which i have never done

Hmmmmmmmmmm

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

jellycat posted:

Clearly that was just a body double that Lolorito sent out to keep the public blissfully unaware. Problem solved. :colbert:

I'm still disappointed that the CUL 30 quest doesn't give the option of pissing in Lolorito's dish.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
Far as I recall it explained, anything pre HW, including class quests is set in the past with HW's latest patch story counting as the present. So any old class quest etc you're doing now basicly supposedly was stuff your character did in the past.
So just imagine its played non chronologically like some kind of MMO version of Pulp fiction when you do earlier content after being trough all the main story.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

The real Dark Souls starts here. Incidentally, if anybody can craft any of these miscellaneous 1* relic token pieces on Excalibur, please let me (Bleu Walze) know, because everybody in PBC is almost certainly sick of my poo poo by now.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm an idiot who doesn't know how to make intelligent use of his free time and have decided to get a relic weapon and I have a question about how it works:

If I start the quest on let's say a Paladin, and I collect a bunch of FATE crystals, and then I decide "no never mind I want a warrior relic" and I abandon the quest and start over, do I get to keep my crystal progress towards that stage of the relic, or do I have to completely start over?

Since they're inventory items and you don't actually have to be playing as the class during the FATE to collect them, I'd assume you'd be ok to do that, but I want to know for sure. I'm talking about HW relic, if that wasn't obvious from context.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm an idiot who doesn't know how to make intelligent use of his free time and have decided to get a relic weapon and I have a question about how it works:

If I start the quest on let's say a Paladin, and I collect a bunch of FATE crystals, and then I decide "no never mind I want a warrior relic" and I abandon the quest and start over, do I get to keep my crystal progress towards that stage of the relic, or do I have to completely start over?

Since they're inventory items and you don't actually have to be playing as the class during the FATE to collect them, I'd assume you'd be ok to do that, but I want to know for sure. I'm talking about HW relic, if that wasn't obvious from context.

As long as you don't turn the crystals in and advance the quest, you can save them and start a new relic as Warrior, turning them in on that class instead.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hamsterlady posted:

As long as you don't turn the crystals in and advance the quest, you can save them and start a new relic as Warrior, turning them in on that class instead.

Nice. Glad I have time to be indecisive then (I haven't 100% ruled out dark knight).

Takane
Aug 24, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Hi, considering resubbing and playing this again. Haven't played since the first alex savage stuff came back, how much has change and is it worth it? I'm already on Excalibur so i can play with you guys i guess.

Takane fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Apr 28, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Think I might give this game another go. If I sign up for the $12.99 monthly sub I can just cancel right after I sub correct?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Canceling the sub will remove any remaining time you've paid for, so don't do that. What you can do instead is buy 1299 Crysta (basically a SE gift card denominated in pennies) and pay for your subscription with the Crysta balance. If you like the game and decide to stick around, you can just add more, and if you decide it's not for you you can just let it try to renew from your remaining 0 Crysta balance (at which point it will fail and auto-cancel without ever touching your credit card again)

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Sentient Data posted:

Canceling the sub will remove any remaining time you've paid for, so don't do that.

No it doesnt. If it did, it doesn't now.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Ah, you're right, I totally misread the middle line and missed the "when"

Yeah, feel free to sign up and then immediately cancel, and I suggest going the crysta route anyway to make sure you'll never get any surprise charges in case you keep playing but forget to cancel at some point in the future

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Shamefur dispray:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZkWBAUAGU4

Real talk, OBS and Blender? Surprisingly viable.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Sentient Data posted:

Canceling the sub will remove any remaining time you've paid for, so don't do that.

I can't think of any non-shithole subscription based MMO where this has ever been true.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

If someone has cleared A5S in the past, but they haven't cleared it this week, do they need to clear A5S before they can enter A6S this week?

As in, if seven people have A6S access and one doesn't, does he need to clear A5S for the week first?

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

Moldy Taxes posted:

If someone has cleared A5S in the past, but they haven't cleared it this week, do they need to clear A5S before they can enter A6S this week?

As in, if seven people have A6S access and one doesn't, does he need to clear A5S for the week first?

Assuming the lockouts work the same as gordias savage you can enter A6S as long as the party lead has cleared A5S that week, but you won't be able to get any loot from A5S for the week since it counts stepping into A6S as you having cleared A5S for the week.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
I was doing the daily Expert Roulette as a DRG, when I got into as Anti-tower party with a tank in the full Chocobo costume glamoured. So, I was checking out her gear, and I noticed she was using a relic weapon. The old atma relic weapon, not even fully upgraded. Long story short, I ended up tanking the frog boss more than she did, and my backflip was on constant cooldown from pulling aggro off her, despite my best efforts to split my DPS. I haven't had many lovely dungeon runs, but this was by far the worst I had to slog through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Moldy Taxes posted:

The party leader's progress is all that matters when going in. If you enter a higher floor, though, you cannot get anything (including books) from a previous fight. What we do if we're missing a person on one day is we'll go back and clear the floors they missed again so they can get their midan manifestos even if there's not and chest drops.

• Locked thread