Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

also gently caress you ganny

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
lol

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

sorry im pretty new to mafia and didnt think about mafia rolecop revealling flavour names

we shouldnt have lost so bad

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

good times

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Ganny,the hardest part about your stupid puzzle is figuring out wtf your lovely MS paint hieroglyphics are. I'm pretty sure i found all theclues, but I have no idea what I am looking at with this pic.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
It's meant to be the tough part! I might give hints if nobody has figured it out by tomorrow morning.

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Apr 28, 2016

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

bunnyofdoom posted:

So, I uh, I screwed the pooch pretyt bad,

you're still my MVP.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

eSporks posted:

From my perspective MM was the most obvious of all. I was having a hard time defending bunny as much as I was without linking myself to MM. I figured he would go down first, tried to make sure bunny would be second before me.

you underestimate GBS. I was posting like i posted last game.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I think bunnies save on MM actually made perfect sense. The only other choice was maybe banana, and I think that's why we avoided killing him.

The fact that it caused so much chaos is Sam's fault for letting a doctor save vs pyro.

I don't think there was much of a MM scum read at the time.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

I've only been scum once before and looking at the scumdoc you guys were way more coordinated than my old team was. Well played.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
My gimmick this game was that nothing I said was a lie

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Good job all. From the last game being a town whitewash to this being a scum whitewash!

A couple of points: You fell for the flavour argument trap a bit. Always expect that scum has more flavour information than town, and that flavour arguments in general are rubbish. Awesome work on the fakeclaim though, perfect use of a rolecop.

Also regarding mod confirmation on successful night actions every mod handles things slightly differently, but generally players don't receive any notifications of night actions hitting them.

Also also you guys rock keep fun posting while arguing and you're set!

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

gannyGrabber posted:

It's meant to be the tough part! I might give hints if nobody has figured it out by tomorrow morning.
2 things I m curious about.
1) is the final result some random letters, or is it a word?
2) Is the typo in one of the clues intentional?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

eSporks posted:

2 things I m curious about.
1) is the final result some random letters, or is it a word?
2) Is the typo in one of the clues intentional?

Final result is a word. PM this typo to me and i'll verify

let's dance
Oct 29, 2004
I apologize for being so lurky, because I feel like that ended up making a pretty big difference. It really was like I would sit down and think "Ok, finally time to play some mafia and lynch some scum." and then I'd click on the thread and it'd be night time and a bunch of bullshit happened.

let's dance
Oct 29, 2004
LET'S PLAY AGAIN.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

let's dance posted:

LET'S PLAY AGAIN.

If you look at the scum doc Microwaves Mom was thinking of running an MS Paint mafia after this

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
You mother fuckers I pointed fingers at MM and Ganny (and bunny but only because he was being awfully defensive of them FOR NO REASON). The game was lost when y'all lynched me instead of MM, I was called crazy and "melting down" and "idiot" but gently caress I was more right. 😾

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm really proud of our BRAWW lynch.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Izzhov would've got me thought. I really, legit had NO suspicon of him being maf.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
eSporks got pushy with the votes at the end tho that raised sus levels..

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Good Fuckin GAme ppl, thank u SSV for hosting agaain. My postin style is n't good for Maf -_-

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Aww, I'm flattered :bigtran:

FWIW BRAWW, you and MC were my fav posters ITT

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

I AM BRAWW posted:

Good Fuckin GAme ppl, thank u SSV for hosting agaain. My postin style is n't good for Maf -_-

yeah it's pretty goddamn unreadable.

Izzhov posted:

Aww, I'm flattered :bigtran:

FWIW BRAWW, you and MC were my fav posters ITT

I'm looking forward to MC coming in here post game and just railing on us.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
I'm gonna beat up the other townies for being downies..

even if I was going to lynch our doctor after MM and Ganny

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

gannyGrabber posted:

yeah it's pretty goddamn unreadable.

I'm looking forward to MC coming in here post game and just railing on us.

The funniest part about this is that MC is not in fact a new mafia player, and has played 23 games prior to this one. And yet he STILL fullclaimed 3p arsonist on like Day 2?

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I AM BRAWW posted:

eSporks got pushy with the votes at the end tho that raised sus levels..
Yea that one was tense for me. I knew you had to go, but didn't want to push too hard. I was banking on enough people having bunny confirmed as doctor. If you read the scum doc I'm in full panic mode thinking that everyone is automatically going to know I am scum when you flip town. I wanted to kill bunny that night just to prove that you were trying to lync the town doc and take heat off me.

I thin you and let's dance had the best chances of saving town. You guys were right about most things, and were the only people really pushing their reads hard enough to have an influence. You 2 were scary lynches to push for.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Podima posted:

The funniest part about this is that MC is not in fact a new mafia player, and has played 23 games prior to this one. And yet he STILL fullclaimed 3p arsonist on like Day 2?

He was apparently really mad that we were trying to follow hard data instead of doing all the horseshit mind games you guys do in TGR.

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Jesus Christ you guys love night actions and hate actually playing Mafia don't you

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
I just can't wrap my head around why/how bunny was so defensive of Ganny/Microwaves Mom, that's really what threw me off. That plus ganny having a power role where he was just the big opinion-haver on other people killed me. Nobody would listen to the crazy man's ramblings, even if there was some truth in there.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i trusted you brawww and it was stupid of me to hammer you but you probably wouldve been hammered anyways, im sry anyways. you were a bit zealous but it was logical zealousness. u did good, and ur lynch is basically what lost us the game.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
If BRAWW hadn't been trying to lynch the doctor I don't think I would have been able to get him killed off.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
would've been funny to let me lynch doc then lynch me the next day tho, two bird one stone

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
if i actually went thru with lynching doc i would've stopped posting in this thread until i got lynched

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i mean they didnt really have the support to get the doc lynched

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
whatever BRAWWW i think you actually played pretty well because like i realized how town you were because you were using only the knowledge youd have with the wiki and unfortunately the wiki disagreed with the actual game rules which can happen

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

I AM BRAWW posted:

would've been funny to let me lynch doc then lynch me the next day tho, two bird one stone

Yeah, but there's no way I could get off my "bunny is the doc, do not ever lynch the doc, do not even consider lynching bunny" hill once I had climbed up on it, so there's no way I could have supported that lynch (even though I really wanted to!)

:siren: Sword of Gannthritor Update!:siren:

Nobody has submitted the final code yet! Here are a few hints...

Some of the passwords are fake! Clues as to which are fake are in the spreadsheet!
The Cipher is a skip cipher!

Good luck, heroes!!!

I'm going to bed now l8rs all.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

flerp posted:

whatever BRAWWW i think you actually played pretty well because like i realized how town you were because you were using only the knowledge youd have with the wiki and unfortunately the wiki disagreed with the actual game rules which can happen

oh yeah that's another thing lmao SSV you sly motherfuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Got to remember that the wiki describes the usual way roles are run, and every mod has their own way of handling things. I prefer to use a doctor instead of a firefighter because a firefighter's existence confirms that there is an arsonist as soon as role PMs go out.

• Locked thread