Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
if you're responding to despera you're doing this

when you should be doing this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius
May 3, 2003

Despera posted:

Does gsf have a "didn't want that player anyway" narrative for everyone who left?

You

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Way to Titan shame

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

deadtear didnt you hear, it was just a ruse he pulled on the evil goonies so he could troll us! we have been trolled!

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
im sure

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/3fzcOXK.webm

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Nice

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Tiberius posted:

You should step away from the keyboard until you've calmed down enough about goons to construct arguments which rationally follow from the premises

:words: are hard.

Despera posted:

I mean when "lol Deklein" gets people mad, it's hard to resist.

At the danger of sounding like I agree with some of the people here... aren't you the "LOL Titan Commands are hard, pls don't troll me" guy?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
yes please look at the post at the top of this page

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Xolve posted:

At the danger of sounding like I agree with some of the people here... aren't you the "LOL Titan Commands are hard, pls don't troll me" guy?

Ah, but you forget, that never happened, he was trolling all along! :allears:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

when you're getting lectured by deadtear on how to not lose a titan, you know you've hit rock bottom. he poops a little every time autopilot takes him through R-6KYM

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
no i dont, i just dont listen to russians anymore

Dadbuck
Apr 14, 2008

Hate the game, not the playa

excuse you bitch?

are you idiots really responding to Sick UMADS?? from the guy who fled to test because he couldnt get in anywhere else since is brain is so broken?

yes please look at the post at the top of this page

While you are giving out free advice, here is some for you.

Look at the OP's post too http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773671&pagenumber=1

Your comments are not very chill.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
turns ou, this is not the chill thread crazybrains

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/xwfOwyn.webm

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Dadbuck posted:

Look at the OP's post too http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773671&pagenumber=1

quote:

What Next?
This thread is not the chill thread but we can do better than what our previous thread had become. I am fully aware of all the splinters and faction wars that have been, will be and are occurring on a daily basis. There will be tensions, there will be tears but lets try to keep it happier than it was!

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
that dude reported the cute pics

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Dadbuck posted:

You, daruna, despera all of you d guys are really bad at words. Ya'all should word more in practice, before trying to word in front of other people.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
So when are they going to shrink the map? Honestly just morph 30% of the random rear end dead end pockets that have like one dude botting some retrievers into one big gently caress off system with a few stars like 400au apart.

Nullsec will continue to decrease in population as the overall population decreases and at a certain point it's the only way to unfuck the player density.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

CainFortea posted:

You, daruna, despera all of you d guys are really bad at words. Ya'all should word more in practice, before trying to word in front of other people.

This isn't practice for reddit?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

causticBeet posted:

So when are they going to shrink the map? Honestly just morph 30% of the random rear end dead end pockets that have like one dude botting some retrievers into one big gently caress off system with a few stars like 400au apart.

Nullsec will continue to decrease in population as the overall population decreases and at a certain point it's the only way to unfuck the player density.

That's a big problem with the whole "small independent groups" target that CCP is pushing so hard. The way the map is setup, you can't have a bunch of little dudes who aren't blue to eachother and still effectively use the space. Just squishing it will undo what little good came from space aids.

TopGoon[555]
Aug 30, 2003
LOL you jumped instead of bridged xD

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
did you get paid for goonswarm or was it just to gently caress with mittani

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://i.imgur.com/zL6iEfw.mp4

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Oovee
Jun 21, 2007

No life king.
I have always felt the big grand battles are the reason why eve still exists, small gang/ alliance skirmishes dont really have the same draw as vast battles involving thousands. Never did understand why ccp tries to tune down the thing that keeps eve in the news.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Oovee posted:

I have always felt the big grand battles are the reason why eve still exists, small gang/ alliance skirmishes dont really have the same draw as vast battles involving thousands. Never did understand why ccp tries to tune down the thing that keeps eve in the news.

their code is single threaded and their server dies in big battles and cannot be improved hardware wise

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Oovee posted:

because the Wrong People (goonswarm federation) win them

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Glory of Arioch posted:

because the Wrong People (goonswarm federation) win them

*used to, now you just complain a lot about getting blobbed

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

causticBeet posted:

Didnt you hear? Removing GSF/CFC from 0.0 will revitalize nullsec like the NIP/NAP regions of the south, thousands of players shall flood into 0.0 now that the goonie menace has been crushed.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

abigserve posted:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

abigserve posted:

where is the complaining?

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
I don't know if anything's changed but my limited experience with "big" battles from 8 years ago was lag, wondering if my modules were going to actually activate, more lag, making a sandwich and drinking a beer or three, people yelling, more people whining about lag, and lag

edit: and I forgot the joy of jumping for like two hours to the final staging point, space aids must have made that lovely

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Jazzzzz posted:

I don't know if anything's changed but my limited experience with "big" battles from 8 years ago was lag, wondering if my modules were going to actually activate, more lag, making a sandwich and drinking a beer or three, people yelling, more people whining about lag, and lag

edit: and I forgot the joy of jumping for like two hours to the final staging point, space aids must have made that lovely

It's a lot better (but still not good) now, the lag during massive battles is organized so the entire system moves at the same speed, which is a fraction of real time. By slowing everything down like this, they managed to get rid of nearly all the bugs associated with giant fleet fights. Except when they forget to put the system on one of their super-servers.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Xachariah posted:

I think they should keep biting, Im not sure he'll have anything left to live for if they stopped, would he get frustrated and stop? how would he fill the hours per day void?

what could happen, depression, suicide? Im no psychologist but I think so

Nah Dawg I'm cool

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/iuoS7dG.webm

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Jazzzzz posted:

Tidi makes everything slow down evenly, so no more black screen for 3 hours and waking up in a pod. Sometimes there is a long load time, but usually you can still load grid. Since things are so much slower, there's a lot more methodical thought into targets and actions and things. And you can pop off for a cigarette or piss or sandwich or whatever and not really miss anything in the big fleets.

People bitch about TiDi, and that is basically the biggest indicator that they've never known the suffering that was pre-TiDi 1000 man fleet battles.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I'm still laughing bout how you think i made up those logs

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
same but about you claiming to have friends

Adbot