Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
uh it's not a glitch, the guy's name is Sword Master, I'm pretty sure they're killier than dancers so it's clearly okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sivlan
Aug 29, 2006
He does this thing where he really wants to be near you protecting you so if you're TOO cowardly and just hide in the corner he'll spend the whole time trying to run to protect you. This will drag dancer closer to you, and you'll run away again, which will cause him to not fight and try to keep following you.

You kind of have to let him grab aggro and then hover around the edge of the fight, being careful not to get caught in her AOEs if you don't want to whole thing to take forever.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Mazerunner posted:

it's like, kill naked katana man, don't kill Vordt, summon katana man at Vordt but go take him to Dancer, let him die, quit out as he's dying, reload, resummon, relax

I think

you can also summon katana man for the Champ. Which makes me wonder if you could do the same trick on that boss? Does it work on other npc phantoms or only katanamana?

It might work with other NPC summons but I don't think anyone has tried. If you did it right you could maybe NPC cheese Dancer, Ocerios and Gundyr down and have the Eyes before Vordt.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I find the actual glitch taking place to be fascinating and I have no idea why it happens. Basically the game eliminates the sword master's health bar and instead gives him a copy of the dancer's, so when the dancer takes damage, he does. But his actual max health value doesn't change, so the damage he takes from hitting the dancer is proportional to his amount of health compared to hers. It's really interesting to me.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

It might work with other NPC summons but I don't think anyone has tried. If you did it right you could maybe NPC cheese Dancer, Ocerios and Gundyr down and have the Eyes before Vordt.

The Faraam guy black crystals out if you go into the dancer fight with him in tow iirc and there aren't any other NPCs in the area.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Apr 28, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

CJacobs posted:

I find the actual glitch taking place to be fascinating and I have no idea why it happens. Basically the game eliminates the sword master's health bar and instead gives him a copy of the dancer's, so when the dancer takes damage, he does. But his actual max health value doesn't change, so the damage he takes from hitting the dancer is proportional to his amount of health compared to hers. It's really interesting to me.

The Faraam guy black crystals out if you go into the dancer fight with him in tow iirc and there aren't any other NPCs in the area.

would the sword master's smmon sign be there if you set off the dancer's boss arena post vordt?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Nah, vordt is the designated area boss, so if you kill him the sign disappears.

HnK416
Apr 26, 2008

Hot diggity damn!
How the actual gently caress are you supposed to fight the gaping crocodogs in that basement area???

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

HnK416 posted:

How the actual gently caress are you supposed to fight the gaping crocodogs in that basement area???

*falls through world into Catacombs, grabs nearest skeleton ninja by the shoulders and shouts "my nigga have you heard of alluring skulls?"*

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

HnK416 posted:

shoot one with a bow while hanging out in the little alcove next to the ladder. It'll go over to you and the other won't. I mean beating it is still hard, especially in a small space but once you kill it it doesn't respawn

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

HnK416 posted:

Pull one with an arrow and then head over to the ladder. You can drop off of ladders into a plunging attack, so go up just high enough that it can't reach you, do a plunging attack, and repeat. Then do the same with the other one.

It's probably easier to fight it legitimately than doing that, but it's way less funny that way.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

cheetah7071 posted:

Giving him his armor is the next step. There's some confusion apparently about how to save Greirat in the current version, but the following should work to advance both plotlines:

-Enter Irithyll
-Send Greirat raiding
-Tell patches where he is
-Beat a boss
-Greirat comes back
-Buy Siegward's armor
-Give it to him in the well
-Meet him in the kitchen

It's possible other paths also work

I have entered Irythill (currently located at Yorshka Church) Greirat was then sent on his first pillage, and I went to Patches to Talk but nothing relevant in the generic conversation...

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Feenix posted:

I have entered Irythill (currently located at Yorshka Church) Greirat was then sent on his first pillage, and I went to Patches to Talk but nothing relevant in the generic conversation...

his first pillage is to the undead settlement, which is like, pshaw who cares. I don't know exactly what triggers Greirat coming back, but his next pillage is the one you want, he'll specifically mention Irithyll

,so just add whatever steps to cheetah's list that are about sending him out for the first pillage

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Katanaman makes the Champ pretty easy even without a glitch.

Like I said upthread he can basically solo him already.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 374 days!
i can chump the first half of nameless king in under 40 seconds now

the rest of it, though, i cannot.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Betty posted:

Dear fellow Murder Bros, I need help murdering bros. I really suck at it. Like I don't think I've killed a single host yet. This is my first time actually invading people out of all the souls games because why not. Every game I invade its pretty much always a 2v1 or 3v1 once the cops show up. One guy endlessly poking/stunlocking you to death with an estoc is bad enough but 2 or 3 of them just blows. I guess it doesn't help that I'm sort of gimmick invading people in full grave warden gear and using the warden curved swords, because seriously gently caress those things, and can't poke them back to death but gently caress me this is hard. Please halp.

Use a lucerne, wait a second before tapping R1, catch people to death in combos with superior reach and armor piercing.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
What armor is this on the DS3 box art?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I dont understand how some people can stunlock for their entire stam bar. I can't even roll till they are done and they do like 80% of my life.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Jewel Repetition posted:

the firelink armour - it unlocks at the handmaid once you kill the soul of cinder

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Jewel Repetition posted:

You'll know it when you see it.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Mazerunner posted:

it's like, kill naked katana man, don't kill Vordt, summon katana man at Vordt but go take him to Dancer, let him die, quit out as he's dying, reload, resummon, relax

I think

you can also summon katana man for the Champ. Which makes me wonder if you could do the same trick on that boss? Does it work on other npc phantoms or only katanamana?

Okay, I have to do this once just to watch it for laughs.

By "quit" do you mean just home-bone out or do you mean quit to title screen?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Alkydere posted:

Okay, I have to do this once just to watch it for laughs.

By "quit" do you mean just home-bone out or do you mean quit to title screen?

Go to the start menu and quit to the title screen once the "white phantom Sword Master has died" message starts flashing on-screen.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

CJacobs posted:

Go to the start menu and quit to the title screen once the "white phantom Sword Master has died" message starts flashing on-screen.

Thanks!

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Jewel Repetition posted:

the fonz set

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

HnK416 posted:

^^What others have said. In particular, try sniping the left one from around a corner. I've been unpleasantly surprised to have pulled both when targeting the right one, even from the opposite end of the room.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
How long does it take for someones soap stone to turn up? My friends put some white beacons down and sometimes it can take like 5-10 minutes before even one shows up. The other is still mia.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
It took me four tries, but I beat the Champ tonight. That was one of the more enjoyable boss fights for me, thus far. Going shieldless is so liberating. Thank you, Bloodborne, for showing me the way.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

How many people having trouble with Ocerios played BB?

Ocerios is basically a BB boss and needs to be treated like one

Ocerios was a cool fight, and when he started stamping around on all fours, I was all like, "yup, Bloodborne." I got him first try :smug:

HnK416
Apr 26, 2008

Hot diggity damn!
Turns out crocodogs are hella susceptible to bleeding. Carthas Rouge, you're the best makeup.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The NPC glitch works on any NPCs you can take into a boss. For example, both Sirris and Eygon for Dragonslayer Armour.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

I'm hoping the patch in a couple of hours stops all the stuttering. I'm looking forward to being able to play the game properly.

Casual Combustion
Jan 12, 2003

I know you can kill what's her name to start the dancer fight early, but is there a cutoff where it doesn't work again until it's scripted? I just beat pontiff and I'd like to go for the dancer but I don't want to kill her if it won't do anything.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

kirbysuperstar posted:

The NPC glitch works on any NPCs you can take into a boss. For example, both Sirris and Eygon for Dragonslayer Armour.

I kept quitting out and resummoning the two NPCs in Smouldering Lake after they died because damnit we were getting through this together, and eventually ended up with both of them invincible, except to an invader that showed up.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Ask me about spending 10 minutes plinking the Dancer to death with a +3 crossbow, all so I have a slightly better bonfire for futile refined gem farming :regd09:

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006

HnK416 posted:

Aggro them, climb up the ladder, plunging attack, climb back up the ladder, estus, plunging attack.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Someone a few pages back said that the enemy progression in Demon Ruins was backwards -- you start fighting against the lethal Ghru and the flamebirthers and finish up fighting against the rats.

I think the actual intended path through Smouldering Lake is running up to the worm, realizing that the combination of the worm and the ballistae made it so that it's pretty much undoable, then exploring the rest of the lake. Eventually you'd stumble across the broken floor, drop through, and start Demon Ruins from there. Fight your way up through it, find the second bonfire, then start the boss from there.

But since the ballistae is so lethal it turns people off exploring I think many people just try to run past the worm and do the boss from there before doing anything else in that zone. It's what I did!

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006
I ended up running straight for the crabs since I figured it was another case where the massive death arrows would kill them for you like in Farron Keep. Then I accidentally fell into the hole and the rest is a mind-numblingly boring history of walking three miles back to my souls every time I died because Smouldering Lake is a loving terrible level.

HnK416
Apr 26, 2008

Hot diggity damn!

Woozy posted:

Aggro them, climb up the ladder, plunging attack, climb back up the ladder, estus, plunging attack.

I actually tried that originally but even after casting Spook I died from fall height. Maybe a sign I need to stop hovering at 20 Vigor.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

How do you write messages with multiple clauses? Like x, therefore x. And also how do you get a pointing phantom on to appear from them.

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006

HnK416 posted:

I actually tried that originally but even after casting Spook I died from fall height. Maybe a sign I need to stop hovering at 20 Vigor.

Uhm. You don't need to climb all the way up the ladder. Double tap circle to jump off at any height you choose. You can also estus while on the ladder.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Jewel Repetition posted:

How do you write messages with multiple clauses? Like x, therefore x. And also how do you get a pointing phantom on to appear from them.

Press Y // top button

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Brannock posted:

Press Y // top button

Thanks.