Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Mooseontheloose posted:

Pissed off Diggle = best Diggle.

Angry Diggle is god damned terrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Don't be a pussy, Oliver.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There was a former Birds of Prey member called Evelyn Crawford (even called herself Starling), but no Evelyn Sharp.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Heart condition don't fail me now.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
And so here we are, just like the Raw thread, with me watching the hilarity unfold before I make any sort of further time commitment. Not surprisingly, Amell has wrestled on a WWE PPV, very effectively, and won.

Basically what I'm saying is that I now consider this show WWE Green Arrow and will treat it as such from here on out.

How's Green Arrow tonight, guys? Have we started posting dogie yet :3:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

shoot her!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

lol those SWAT guys. "Welp, he's gone. I'll just wander off here..."

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

nooneofconsequence posted:

lol those SWAT guys. "Welp, he's gone. I'll just wander off here..."

One of the extras even had a really sheepish look on his face. Pretty dang funny.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

That's a really lovely turn out for the loving DA.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

no leave dogie alone :saddowns:

oh the show, right, okay

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Yay Barry got his powers back. :neckbeard:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lol poor Det. Lance. He's lost his mind.

:(

What else do I need for when she comes out of the pit?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
So is this episode worth it or no? Legit curious as to whether or not the layoff made the Laurel decision more tolerable.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

lol poor Det. Lance. He's lost his mind.
The show practically tortures the poo poo out of Quentin.

"There's a Black Canary sighting, it's probably a copycat somehow, but mysteriously the sonic device is coded to Laurel only?"

"She must be alive!"

"I wouldn't bet on it."

"No, she has to be!"

Goes to the morgue, NOPE, still there.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Chokes McGee posted:

So is this episode worth it or no? Legit curious as to whether or not the layoff made the Laurel decision more tolerable.

It wasn't a bad episode. But the answer to that question is no.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I actually really enjoyed this episode. I can see the girl coming on as a new Black Canary. Thea is pretty well trained at this point so they need a new rookie character. I was shocked to see Felicity being so ruthless, it was really well done and I felt like her character had reached her breaking point.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Chokes McGee posted:

Layoff?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Hadn't there been a week or two where the show wasn't airing or is time and space compressing itself around me again

Also great Laurel's confirmed dead for reals, peace out

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Ah, that. I thought someone had gotten fired or something.

As for the show, just got past the funeral and all I can think is "her name was Laurel Lance."

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Apr 28, 2016

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Buttaface Killah is the outsourced replacement.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So now they're going to do flashbacks from between seasons?

Guggenheim sure is sucking the well dry.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Ahahaha, the flashforward from earlier in the season they put in not only doesn't make sense from how either Olly or Blonde Lady were acting seconds earlier, it doesn't make sense from where The Flash is at either.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Can we have "person who actually uses the Canary Cry more than once an episode" as the new Black Canary?

Like, she doesn't even have to be called 'Black Canary,' she can go as 'Midnight Canary' or 'Obsidian Canary'.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Can they please get an intern to spend 5 minutes in Adobe After Effects to give canary cry a shockwave or some sort of visual effect? Surely the budget can't be that tight. It still looks hilariously stupid that it doesn't have that especially after Silver Banshee had one for her very similar power in Supergirl.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

enraged_camel posted:

I for one am super glad I no longer have to see this cheap and awkward "canary cry":

How wrong you are!

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

kater posted:

Ahahaha, the flashforward from earlier in the season they put in not only doesn't make sense from how either Olly or Blonde Lady were acting seconds earlier, it doesn't make sense from where The Flash is at either.

"You can't murder Ruve Dahrk, the Black Canary would never do that!"
the next day
"Black Canary was a hero. We should all live up to her example!"
Five minutes later
"We have to murder Damien Dahrk."

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
The part with Barry is the reason why planning things out may sometimes be a good idea.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ChickenMedium posted:

"You can't murder Ruve Dahrk, the Black Canary would never do that!"
the next day
"Black Canary was a hero. We should all live up to her example!"
Five minutes later
"We have to murder Damien Dahrk."

Those are 2 different people and they don't know her level of involvement with the plan like the audience does.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Yay Barry got his powers back. :neckbeard:

Yeah what the hell, I thought the shows were supposed to be in sync? Maybe between Wells saying it's time to blow up the city again and this Arrow ep they actually pulled the whole thing off?

What a mess this season has been, for both shows!

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
So is Thea just going to completely ignore that Alex is up Ruve's rear end? Or that the Crazy Canary screamed "You were working with them" or whatever when she attacked him? Absolutely zero fuckin interest in Evelyn Sharp. Maybe I'm just really drat salty over the worst call I've seen since I started watching superhero television. And after sitting through an hour of "She's dead. Like really really really dead. No chance of anything. She's D E A D" I was just giving out about everything. Normally Lance does some rockstar acting, but at the funeral...he just couldn't. He wasn't pulling off the grief enough.

Let Nyssa join the team.

I think it's cool that Barry got his powers back off screen or something.

Chokes McGee posted:

And so here we are, just like the Raw thread, with me watching the hilarity unfold before I make any sort of further time commitment. Not surprisingly, Amell has wrestled on a WWE PPV, very effectively, and won.

Basically what I'm saying is that I now consider this show WWE Green Arrow and will treat it as such from here on out.

How's Green Arrow tonight, guys? Have we started posting dogie yet :3:

We have a Raw thread?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
A lot of the over the shoulder shots in the first half bugged the poo poo out of me. Like it seemed painfully obvious that they filmed one half separate from the other half and couldn't find a double that matched the back of Amell's head. There's also the funeral at the beginning with Ollie only standing alone and never in a shot with the audience unlike the latter funeral. At least the way they handled Larurel's identity was not terribly dumb, but it's a shame they haven't pull out a copycat "We are all the Black Canary/Green Arrow" movement yet.

It must be the Speed Weed

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Xelkelvos posted:

It must be the Speed Weed

Ahahahaha, that can't be real but somehow it is: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2373535/

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Why Speed Weed isn't working on The Flash is a mystery to me.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

howe_sam posted:

Why Speed Weed isn't working on The Flash is a mystery to me.

Why the Flash isn't working on Speed Weed is a mystery to me.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Man, these shows have been milking the hell out of cliche lines. "You want to honor her. Do what the Black Canary would do." I demand everyone on the team wear WWBCD bracelets!

Also, does anyone else thing John's helmet looks really stupid? It doesn't cover his ears, the clear visor fogs up when he breathes, and it's too bulky. And it's got an M on the front of it. I will agree, though, angry Diggle best Diggle.

Felicity continues to just irritate the poo poo out of me. Just being a lovely person, especially with the "One illegitimate child away from an Ollie impersonation." line. I knew it wasn't going to happen, but after the funeral, I really wanted Ollie to be like "....why are you in my limo?"

10 Beers fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Apr 28, 2016

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
You'll also notice that the Tommy funeral scene at the beginning of the episode must have been season 1 deleted footage because Laurel still had pre weight loss season 1 face.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They filmed those two scenes at the same time. That was one of the biggest clues she was the dead one.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Aphrodite posted:

There was a former Birds of Prey member called Evelyn Crawford (even called herself Starling), but no Evelyn Sharp.

The girl in this episode was named Evelyn Crawford Sharp. Her whole name was visible on the computer screen at one point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Crawford is a terrible middle name for a girl.

• Locked thread