Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

BGrifter posted:

Tropico 5 would be a lot more exciting if it wasn't just in a Humble Bundle like two weeks ago.

Oh no, the excitement is gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

BGrifter posted:

Tropico 5 would be a lot more exciting if it wasn't just in a Humble Bundle like two weeks ago.
on PSN?

Sorry about the console tax, but nearly everything gets ground into a cheap PC bundle months before it gets a bargain on consoles. Might as well get used to it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

05/31
One Piece: Burning Blood

06/07
Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

06/21
Grand Kingdom

06/28
Zero Time Dilemma
God Eater Resurrection

Stop listing Burning Blood it is not worth anyone's money

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Baal posted:

Stop listing Burning Blood it is not worth anyone's money

It was a purely objective list of releases not recommendations.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

In Training posted:

I'm one of those insane people who owns a Vita, I meant there. It's not like anybody is actually releasing new games anyway.

The Neogaf Upcoming Vita Games thread had 200+ entries at the beginning of this year.

Click to break your browser: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1164968&page=1

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

It was a purely objective list of releases not recommendations.

I object to its inclusion

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

So burning blood is not going to be a good game? Why?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's developed by the team that did J-Stars and instead of learning from their mistakes they doubled down on the game's problems. It has worse movement, stiff attacks that feel like poo poo, the character models trying to adapt Oda's style look awful especially when transposed onto a different style entirely for the stages, and it's developed by Spike friggin' Chunsoft.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Shut it down boys, Humble Bundle leftovers

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Oh well. I will put some time into Tropico and probably do a few rounds of that racing one. Was looking forward to mucking about in Watch_Dogs (I had it over a year ago and played maybe 2 hours before losing interest, never really gave it the time it deserved and I traded it in for something else at a CEX).

Sounds like WD was not such a great game anyway, and now I can do some feet up strategy gamin' on my couch. Sounds cool.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Baal posted:

It's developed by the team that did J-Stars and instead of learning from their mistakes they doubled down on the game's problems. It has worse movement, stiff attacks that feel like poo poo, the character models trying to adapt Oda's style look awful especially when transposed onto a different style entirely for the stages, and it's developed by Spike friggin' Chunsoft.

Thanks. I thought it could have been fun to play (okay at least I only bought j stars on sale but oh my God it is so clunky to play) since not too long ago there was a pretty fun naruto game. Good to know u can skip it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean it's definitely a game I'd wait for a sale for if you want to give it a shot, but 60 bucks? No way in hell.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Severed, the new game from the Guacamelee devs came out as a vita exclusive yesterday and it's ffucking sick

Oh poo poo nice! I'll pick this up today

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mithaldu posted:

The Neogaf Upcoming Vita Games thread had 200+ entries at the beginning of this year.

Click to break your browser: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1164968&page=1

This would be handy if it was just instead of having photos all over it, but thank you for reminding me about World of FF and Shiren the Wanderer

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I didn't buy Tropico 5, so that's pretty great. Is table top racing anything interesting?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's a straight port of a mobile phone game so, uh

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sakurazuka posted:

It's a straight port of a mobile phone game so, uh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOiE0LCu6J0

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Baal posted:

Dang it! I was looking forward to that.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

tropico 5 has a demo btw on ps4

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Baal posted:

I mean it's definitely a game I'd wait for a sale for if you want to give it a shot, but 60 bucks? No way in hell.

Well I didn't even like jstars that much at a sale price of sixteen dollars. And that game feels clunky to me with a terrible story mode. One piece would at least have more of a story mode I would hope but not worth it if it's even worse to play than jstars

Visitor K
Jan 26, 2007
Yay golden week sale! Looks like I'll be finally getting Yakuza 5. Does anyone know if game sharing still works on PS3? Wanna make a friend of mine finally play a Yakuza game.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Visitor K posted:

Yay golden week sale! Looks like I'll be finally getting Yakuza 5. Does anyone know if game sharing still works on PS3? Wanna make a friend of mine finally play a Yakuza game.

Yeah, you can only do it between two systems but it sounds like that should suit your need just fine.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Since the thread title lists recommendations, my wife is wrapping up a semester and has course relief for the next one and wants to play a game with me. What would be a good PS4 game that we could play together? She has no experience with playing anything since NES so simple mechanics and enjoyable coop would be key.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

diablo 3? its hard to die on easier difficulties

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Rocket League, Rayman Legends have couch multi-play and are fairly simple as well.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Octodad is a pretty great co-op game, make sure you set it so that the limbs shuffle after a checkpoint.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Since the thread title lists recommendations, my wife is wrapping up a semester and has course relief for the next one and wants to play a game with me. What would be a good PS4 game that we could play together? She has no experience with playing anything since NES so simple mechanics and enjoyable coop would be key.

samurai warriors 4 empires
also seconding diablo and rayman.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
While it's not co-op, a friend of mine had success playing Heavy Rain with his wife. She'd tell him what to do and what decisions to make and she had a great time.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

gibbed posted:

Rocket League, Rayman Legends have couch multi-play and are fairly simple as well.

I'm gonna second Rayman. It's challenging without necessarily being difficult, and the couch co-op is pretty great.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Salvor_Hardin posted:

If both of you like puzzles The Witness is a great game to play together. For actual local co-op games I really liked the top down Tomb Raider game (had to look it up: Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris). If there's any crossover with a property she likes the Lego games can be solid undemanding fun (the first Marvel Superhero one is the best imo).

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Apr 29, 2016

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I want to like games like Tropico, but I end up in this trap where I get bored with the game before I get out of the tutorials, but without the tutorials I feel like I'm missing out on how to play the game.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

triplexpac posted:

I want to like games like Tropico, but I end up in this trap where I get bored with the game before I get out of the tutorials, but without the tutorials I feel like I'm missing out on how to play the game.
The Destructoid review guy felt the same way as you do. Apparently there is still some hand-holding in the Sandbox mode that helps you learn the game, no need to wade into Campaign or w/e if that's not your style.

Looks like you're in luck this time!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Street Fighter V and its deluxe edition are 25% off this weekend in NA.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/street-fighter-v/cid=STORE-MSF77008-SFVFLASHSALEG

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

As a side note, do not buy the season pass, because all of that content they've been releasing for free anyway because the game still isn't complete and it's part of their mea culpa process.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

In Training posted:

As a side note, do not buy the season pass, because all of that content they've been releasing for free anyway because the game still isn't complete and it's part of their mea culpa process.

Have they made the stuff permanently free, though? Last I heard it's free for now but will be revoked once the online store is finished for non-pass owners.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
A great price for 75% of a game! :v:

How's that doing? My exposure has been through the Giant Bombcast and they're STILL complaining about how little content there is and that the added content is setting the bar in terms of quality... Lower...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

univbee posted:

Have they made the stuff permanently free, though? Last I heard it's free for now but will be revoked once the online store is finished for non-pass owners.

It is free for now, yes, but they just added another character without the shop, and with the roster size where it is now you could conceivably get enough in game currency from the single player stuff that you could buy 3 or 4 characters by the time June rolls around anyway.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

How's that doing? My exposure has been through the Giant Bombcast and they're STILL complaining about how little content there is and that the added content is setting the bar in terms of quality... Lower...

The only thing that's missing is the daily challenge stuff, which may never show up at this point. It's a very fun game and has been since launch but there's never going to be more "content" until the Story mode releases in June, but I never touch single player stuff in fighting games so it's up to you if you think paying for just online fighting is worth it.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Well since it's release they've added:
The ability to buy one alternate costume per character with ingame currency (costumes were already in at release but you couldn't get them)
One new character and they just added the second new one like 12 hours ago (which introduced hilarious bugs like reverting which version of the game you're playing)
Trials
All free for the time being because they haven't launched the money shop and has no ETA that I know.

That's it. Like it's not a particularly great base game though so whatever I guess.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Apr 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I was SUPER casual at SFIVSUOAE so SFV has been a mild curiosity but hearing all of this stuff and being lovely at fighting games has made me wary of giving it the time of day.

• Locked thread