Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Bloody Pom posted:

*pwink*

This isn't getting nearly enough love. :laffo:

This is what Vine was born for. It's like Go Bwah, in its entertainment to time ratio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

TheRagamuffin posted:

This is what Vine was born for. It's like Go Bwah, in its entertainment to time ratio.

I wonder how badly Bwah messed up her face

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Holy poo poo, something interesting happened in a NASCAR race, and more than once!

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
God damnit Abu Hajaar :argh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM3ElTvF52I

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:stare:

This is amazing

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They're gonna put Abu Hajaar on suicide bomber duty next.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

They're gonna put Abu Hajaar on suicide bomber duty next.

I want to imagine that he's the guy running back toward the enemy at the end.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
MRW playing TDM with a squad of noobs.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

ARMA 3 public server

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tc2Ccq7Qgw

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

I almost feel bad for these guys. It's like something out of a comedy movie or something. I wonder if the bomber was any more successful.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wonder how many team kills Abu Hajaar is up to.

GET YOUR poo poo TOGETHER ABU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

SpacePig posted:

I almost feel bad for these guys. It's like something out of a comedy movie or something. I wonder if the bomber was any more successful.

he was not, which is why the attack goes so poorly. the standard isis attack plan is to open a giant hole with the suicide truck and then move the "armored" trucks in right behind it to blitzkrieg the defenders. it worked very very well for a number of years, but now the peshmerga and such have the heavy weapons needed to destroy the armored suicide trucks before they hit the lines.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
I've seen more organized, cohesive efforts from seven- and eight-year-olds playing Capture the Flag at summer camp

Abu dude why don't you go back and guard the base

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

he was not, which is why the attack goes so poorly. the standard isis attack plan is to open a giant hole with the suicide truck and then move the "armored" trucks in right behind it to blitzkrieg the defenders. it worked very very well for a number of years, but now the peshmerga and such have the heavy weapons needed to destroy the armored suicide trucks before they hit the lines.

I didn't know that. Interesting.

For some reason, I thought the suicide bomber was going off to something else entirely, or maybe serving as some sort of distraction from their main offensive. I guess I've been watching too many movies.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

WoodrowSkillson posted:

The Taliban did that in Kabul to open their Spring offensive this year. Not sure if they're taking tactics from ISIS now or if that's something they've been doing. They attacked a military compound and most of the deaths were civilians, so I guess that tells you how well it worked.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

This is amazing. Also, is some dude in ISIS running an MG42? That belongs in a musem :argh:

Scruff McGruff has a new favorite as of 14:58 on Apr 28, 2016

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

SpacePig posted:

I didn't know that. Interesting.

For some reason, I thought the suicide bomber was going off to something else entirely, or maybe serving as some sort of distraction from their main offensive. I guess I've been watching too many movies.

That is also possible for sure, i probably should not have been so authoritative, but him failing was mentioned a lot in other discussion i saw of the video.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

UK couple book a flight to Vegas from Birmingham. The Birmingham in the USA, not the Birmingham in the UK. They got to Birmingham airport in the UK and were basically told to get hosed when they presented their tickets to depart from an airport in completely the wrong country. No refunds for stupidity.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/couple-lose-1200-las-vegas-11249948

quote:

Hapless Richella, from Sutton Coldfield , booked the trip through lastminute.com as a 30th birthday surprise for Ben. She kept it secret for more than a year before finally revealing the present at a bash in front of all their family and friends.

Also in the text the guy from the couple says it's a common mistake. A paragraph or two below that a spokeslady for the company they booked it through says the mistake is extremely rare.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

88h88 posted:

UK couple book a flight to Vegas from Birmingham. The Birmingham in the USA, not the Birmingham in the UK. They got to Birmingham airport in the UK and were basically told to get hosed when they presented their tickets to depart from an airport in completely the wrong country. No refunds for stupidity.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/couple-lose-1200-las-vegas-11249948

Also in the text the guy from the couple says it's a common mistake. A paragraph or two below that a spokeslady for the company they booked it through says the mistake is extremely rare.

This is like that guy that booked a flight for Granada and ended up in Grenada.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Scruff McGruff posted:

This is like that guy that booked a flight for Granada and ended up in Grenada.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ket-mix-up.html

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Before they started using barcodes, luggage destined for the Faroe Islands (FAE) would sometimes end up in Faro, Portugal (FAO) & vice versa. Happened to my extended family a couple times.

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug
I did something similar once in Norway. There is a placed called Kristiansand and a place called Kristiansund and I got them mixed up. :smith:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I once AM/PMed a flight. Yes, the airport used a 24 clock, but it got misfiled in my head and there were actually flights at both 630 AM and 630 PM to the same destination. Cost me $150 to rebook.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Scruff McGruff posted:

This is amazing. Also, is some dude in ISIS running an MG42? That belongs in a musem :argh:

It's likely an MG53, MG 3, MG 74 or any other modern iteration of the gun. Considering Peshmerga forces actively use 53s, it's probable ISIS picked a few up here and there.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
Once my parents booked a flight to Rome. We arrived at the airport to find that the hour, day, and month of the flight was correct, however they'd booked it a year in advance.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I once was late for a job interview because I went to Something Somethingstreet instead of Something Somethinglane, because it was my first time applying there since I moved. :shobon:

Apologized, was told it's common and not too far from them, was 10 minutes late, got the job

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

SpacePig posted:

I almost feel bad for these guys. It's like something out of a comedy movie or something.

I've seen that style of Improvised Armored Vehicle before. It turns out that Islamic State are Delta Tau Chi alumni!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO9rJtNtmqc&t=69s

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Scarf posted:

It's likely an MG53, MG 3, MG 74 or any other modern iteration of the gun. Considering Peshmerga forces actively use 53s, it's probable ISIS picked a few up here and there.

Also, take a look at 2:20 in the full video. The guy with the machine gun balances the flash suppressor on the armored plate, so the recoil inevitably pushes the gun backwards and it falls down during the burst. They all narrowly avoided being shredded by the ricochets.

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009
Ontario Airport is a regional airport outside of Los Angeles. Many people are disappointed when they intended to fly to Canada.

Edited to Add: http://i.imgur.com/0h2nr4s.gifv

Staryberry has a new favorite as of 16:53 on Apr 28, 2016

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Nitrox posted:

"Dagen H, the day Sweden switched sides of the road, 1967"

Oh hi there

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby

Staryberry posted:

Ontario Airport is a regional airport outside of Los Angeles. Many people are disappointed when they intended to fly to Canada.

Flawless Victory.

Here's an idiot running from the cops
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ2jqsMkp4g&t=65s

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Staryberry posted:

I deal with this problem in trucking and logistics. It really does not help that the city, being in California, appears everywhere as "Ontario, CA". Luckily I have not yet had a trucker drive to the wrong country yet, but the phone calls are always a good time.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

88h88 posted:

Like hell 'it's a common mistake'.

Which one is which? :confused:

Also, she booked a year in advance and never once checked the itinerary?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

It drives me nuts that airlines still refuse to use ICAO standard 4-character codes for airports.

KBHM is a little easier to differentiate from EGBB.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

nexus6 posted:

Like hell 'it's a common mistake'.

Which one is which? :confused:

Also, she booked a year in advance and never once checked the itinerary?

I mean, it's the first result between the two, so it probably is an incredibly common mistake. I mean, poo poo, she probably could've just searched "Flights from Birmingham to Las Vegas" on Google and clicked the first thing without checking. You'd be surprised how inattentive people can be. Remember that time people started posting their Facebook logins on some woman's blog because it became the top result for Facebook on Google for a day for some reason? And then those same people posted to complain about how they didn't like the new layout?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Never underestimate human stupidity, or the likelihood of people replicating other people's idiotic mistakes

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

SpacePig posted:

Remember that time people started posting their Facebook logins on some woman's blog because it became the top result for Facebook on Google for a day for some reason? And then those same people posted to complain about how they didn't like the new layout?

No, but that sounds fantastic and probably an origin story for phishing attacks.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

a surprising number of people apparently google facebook rather than go directly to facebook.com

:iiam:

*my guess is olds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

MrYenko posted:

It drives me nuts that airlines still refuse to use ICAO standard 4-character codes for airports.

Especially because the code for Bill Clinton National Airport in Little Rock is KLIT.