Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unfunny Poster posted:

Do you think he's write or wrong about the racism thing being tolerated?

i personally was the arbiter and i walked a line of my own choosing, if i thought you meant what you said i hit you in the face otherwise say nigga to your hearts content

warr akini is actually racist though but he was a director so i couldnt do poo poo :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
i aint reading the mittani dot com article so i really cant see how the gently caress whatever you're talking about is relevant

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

LegoMan posted:

I still have my sesfan sig in my bio in case he ever comes back.

:same:

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

ok well, you've been there for a year so?

We are talking about new players not me thanks for trying.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i aint reading the mittani dot com article so i really cant see how the gently caress whatever you're talking about is relevant

I didn't read the article either, but someone mentioned that racism being tolerated was one of the things that set him off. Since you were an ex-mod I was just curious your thoughts on it given the whole "niggertown" channel being allowed & that discussion from a while back.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

dragonstalking posted:

We are talking about new players not me thanks for trying.

explain why a new player has to be around for a year to enjoy making GBS threads in your (you your) reddit mouthpiece

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Unfunny Poster posted:

Do you think he's right or wrong about the racism thing being tolerated?

There's no such thing as ironic racism, and it must be stamped out like any other mistake of the past.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

explain why a new player has to be around for a year to enjoy making GBS threads in your (you your) reddit mouthpiece

Are you illiterate? Please read the post I responded to before you vomit out another dumb post.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

I didn't read the article either, but someone mentioned that racism being tolerated was one of the things that set him off. Since you were an ex-mod I was just curious your thoughts on it given the whole "niggertown" channel being allowed & that discussion from a while back.

i don't want to go find it again but didn't it have a long odd defense of "ironic racism"? i forget where he went from there but i do remember that part.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
So basically his article was the TMC equivalent of that Richter Belmont soundcloud

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

evilweasel posted:

i don't want to go find it again but didn't it have a long odd defense of "ironic racism"? i forget where he went from there but i do remember that part.

What he said was a bit different: the guy seemed to be saying that goons did ironic racism (so edgy) and he thought that that was fine because the shared and sacred bond of ten dollars meant that we all knew it was actually intended as a scathing critique of the outdated and outmoded structures of control in the pre-bellum South, but that since there are only about eleven goons left in GSF now it was just aped by incomers who didn't realise what sharp-tongued gadflies goons were being and who just thought that saying "darky" made them funny and that it would make them fit in.

Goatman Sacks posted:

So basically his article was the TMC equivalent of that Richter Belmont soundcloud

In no way.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

quote:

The Philosophy of Goon Identity

First off, let’s rabble about the infamous Goon Culture a bit. While certain Karmafleet people will now open their subforum and re-read their instructions about what Goon Culture is, let’s make one thing clear: Goons are not an EVE thing. There are Goons in literally every online and offline game, and we play together in various communities in pretty much every MMO that exists. It just happens that in EVE it worked out differently and people assume that being a Goon means being in Goonswarm. It does not. While Goonfleet still is the place for most goons, there are goons in SMA, Razor, TNT, PL, probably NC and even TEST, although of course some of them will simply not call themselves like that, which is okay. You can be part of a community, but you don’t have to.

Goon Culture is when you call a rich EVE player jew, you insult red-haired TEST women on a stream, and you get probated for saying words like “m8” or “toon,” right?

Actually, the jew and sexism part is really easy. Imagine you have a best friend in real life and you know each other's humor very well. When you tell him a dirty joke about a jew having a big nose because air is free, both of you know how you meant it and neither of you will yell at each other for being a racist. That’s similar for Goons, only on a larger level: A group of neckbearded fat players make jokes about women and their kitchens and they all laugh dirty while secretly wishing they knew how a woman looks in real life.

No one feels offended by that, because everyone is part of the joke and know how it was meant. This is basically what Goon culture is about : One community sharing the same dumb thoughts and making jokes about each other and those outside of the community.

Nowadays, this concept is basically being exploited: The group became so big and full of people who aren’t part of this community that those jokes don’t work anymore. However, the new guys want to be part of the group, so they throw around the same jokes as before, only without knowing the meaning behind it. For them, it sounds like basic insulting and they understand how to do it, which transforms the original joke into dumb insultive mashing of words that outsiders consider extremely offensive. That’s why lots of non-goons turn into dickheads after joining Goonswarm, and it’s probably why you don’t like them anymore.

Interestingly, this concept does not work on our renters. They never felt like Goons back in PBLRD. Lots of them weren’t even aware they were renting from Goons. Even now in Section 8, where they join the Alliance directly, they have their own playground to play on, and they separate themselves from us no matter how much we try to integrate them.

That’s why I don’t include renters in any discussion either. They are their own people and they don’t identify with Goons or our culture at all. Also, the Goon hatred towards renters is dumb, even when it was a BoB thing.

By the way, when I saw DJ doing that AMA on reddit and people were seriously saying “Look at this true goon, he isn’t as poo poo as today’s goons are. God, they used to be so great!” I wanted to puke all over my screen and ignite a pile of poo poo on top of it. What are you even talking about? How could you ever say such a thing when you joined EVE before B-R? Goon culture hasn’t changed, only Goonswarm did. Even if it would have changed, every pubbie in the world hates us for being Goons and it was like that since our first spawn in 2005. Goons were always hated. There are no Goons, Goons are cancer, Goons will ruin the game. None of those are new phrases and if you don’t know what DJ is talking about because you are not part of us, stop acting up about it.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Endie posted:

but that since there are only about eleven goons left in GSF now

:rolleye: welcome to 2009 population: reddit and those who regurgitate it

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

:rolleye: welcome to 2009 population: reddit and those who regurgitate it

ok great autismo

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
oh no ive been outed for my dota posts, calling sion stupid, calling boat stupid and fat, and egging on darius whatever will i do

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

If you're not GoonWaffe you don't matter (in terms of True Goon in the GSF), except maybe Karmafleet, but they got that cock.li admin guy so IDK how I feel about that

also idg the whole regdate hate, i mean like, after a few years of being here who cares

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Goonfleet death watch thread, Goonfleet is literally a pubbie filled pile of poo poo!
Started by frank frank, 16 Sep 2009

1 2 3 43 →

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

oh no ive been outed for my dota posts, calling sion stupid, calling boat stupid and fat, and egging on darius whatever will i do

tbf boat is a large marge last i knew in 2011 when he never left his chair to do anything but poop and perhaps shower. Though I wouldn't doubt if he had a custom chair that had plumbing and skipped hygiene

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/E6Fy17r.mp4

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

Slim Matt was pretty mad about his personal channel being removed. I was greatly entertained.

Now that foehammer is gone the foehammering erry day channel should be renamed the foehammer memorial masturbation station

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Endie posted:

but that since there are only about eleven goons left in GSF now

so 10 more than BAT?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Goonfleet death watch thread, Goonfleet is literally a pubbie filled pile of poo poo!
Started by frank frank, 16 Sep 2009

1 2 3 43 →

Frank Frank :allears:

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Never miss a chance to torment Boat.

He sets himself up so nicely for poo poo like this all the time.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
im being ripped off!! I stole #gotem fair and square

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Goatman Sacks posted:

so 10 more than BAT?

I've not done a census but offhand I can think of eight or nine - it increased a bit when the EG refugees started coming across - which is a respectable 25% or so. Also other folks like Hendrick and a few of the EO guys hang out in our comms so that boosts it a little. It's a fine little ghetto.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

He was only about 5 months early there.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

im being ripped off!! I stole #gotem fair and square

:rip:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/3aevisN.webm

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Bulldogs were a mistake

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Goatman Sacks posted:

Bulldogs were a mistake

mlyp

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
not as big of one as pugs or frenchies or bull terriers though

Tangerines
Apr 25, 2016

Goatman Sacks posted:

Bulldogs were a mistake

An adorable mistake by the looks of things.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

not as big of one as pugs or frenchies or bull terriers though

Pugs are just fine thank you very much. :colbert:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
pugs, like goons, can't mate without outside intervention, pugs are so hosed up they cant breathe

like a century ago they were ok but now? they're monsters that should be quietly killed off

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I thought bulldogs couldn't mate without help, either - I know they can't give natural birth

Also boston terriers suck too.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Some reddit retard posted:

That's right. I'm a SomethingAwful Goon and Goonwaffe pilot. Have been for the better part of a decade. And guess what? I'm proud of it.
I'm proud of being in the most powerful organization in video gaming history. I'm proud of being in an elite PVP organization, whose very name sends chills down the bones of our blood enemies. Are you?
Nothing makes me laugh harder than /r/eve making GBS threads all over our leader. When was the last time any of you nerds even opened a book? I bet 5% of you at most have even heard of Slavoj Zizek, much less read anything by him.
Sorry about our leader. Sorry that he's not a NEET loser who spends most of his time masturbating to lolicon in his parents' basement like most of the "Money Badger Coalition". Sorry that he's actually a socially competent, well-adjusted, intelligent individual who's well read and treats women like human beings instead of fucktoys and masturbation objects.
I wonder what would happen if any of you actually met The Mittani IRL. You would probably poo poo your pants so hard the inertia would propel you upwards a couple of feet at the very least.
I wake up every morning at 4 AM and spend 2 hours before work helping my alliance and my leader as much as humanly possile. I only get around 4 hours of sleep a night- this has been going on for the past couple of months. I'm starting to have minor audio hallucinations and other prodromal symptoms as a result (at this point almost totally suppressed by prescription anti-psychotics)
And guess what? I wouldn't trade it for any other thing in the world.
You will never be able to defeat us. Because we have higher IQ than you do. We have girlfriends, unlike you. And most importantly- we have Allah on our side. Allah favors the righteous, the noble. The wicked and sinful will be struck down in an ineffably post-racial cataclysmic anti-atrocity. Rest in piss my podkilled enemies. And eternal glory to the warriors of Allah, whose names will be etched forever into the anals of history.

Which one of you is this?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Siets posted:

Pugs are just fine thank you very much. :colbert:

Pugs are hideous dogs lol

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cravius posted:

Which one of you is this?

:laffo:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Also lol that h t h word filters to I'm a huge prick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I sponsored an IRL friend into goonfleet who lives in Madison and he said he said what's up to Mittani at a gas station once. That's my story.

• Locked thread