Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Starting tomorrow I am adding Jungle Cruise skipper to my titles at Disney World. Finally getting cross trained over there in addition to my duties as a butler and trainer at the Mansion.

come see me for the most by the books OG script boat you've ever been on in your life.

Oh my god are you gonna be doing this on Friday at all? I'll be driving up in the morning and should in in park by 5pm or something maybe.

Edit. I just noticed you're off on Friday :(

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Apr 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

also I am not good at docking the boats. holy moly.

Do you practice this with actual guests around? Or do they let you loose after hours? I've had a few dockings that were questionable, and this might explain it...

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I assumed there was a track under the boats that handled everything

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

skipdogg posted:

I assumed there was a track under the boats that handled everything

we don't need to steer because it is on guide wheels under the boat, but it goes forward/backward and stops on a real throttle, so that's all on the skipper. It will come with time, and I am getting better, but no I haven't had real guests in a boat yet.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You should take a peek and let me know what system Disney is using to power the audio system on Jungle Cruise for the microphones. Trying to outfit some for a train right now and having the damnbest time figuring out a good one.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Abu Dave posted:

You should take a peek and let me know what system Disney is using to power the audio system on Jungle Cruise for the microphones. Trying to outfit some for a train right now and having the damnbest time figuring out a good one.

Whatever it is, the speakers are loving shot. They peak like 90% of the time the skippers talk now and it drives me crazy.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
PhotoPass switched over to taking run Disney photos with the dark side half. We are shooting the tinker bell next week too so from now on they will all be PhotoPass and included in your Memory Maker or PhotoPass+ One Day.

We tag the bibs by hand. I elected to skip that particular OT shift.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Jesus Christ that is awful. Do you guys use photomechanic or something?

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
I'm there tomorrow afternoon until Monday afternoon. Hopefully you can get an adoring audience guaranteed to laugh at your mooring attempts!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bottom Liner posted:

Whatever it is, the speakers are loving shot. They peak like 90% of the time the skippers talk now and it drives me crazy.

My very first time on the jungle cruise I got sat next to the boiler which is the housing for the engine I think and couldn't hear a thing :(.

But,audio is hard to do and even in 2016 there isn't a clear cut answer to it :(

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

Bottom Liner posted:

Jesus Christ that is awful. Do you guys use photomechanic or something?

Never heard of that one, so probable not haha.

Cais fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Apr 28, 2016

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If we're going all Inside disney© I used one of my "connections" and managed to get a sneak peek at the Apps Disney use when they cook. They're really frightingly deep, like the one app used for Quick service tracks each thing they cook to the point where it has to take a certain temperature reading before it can be cleared off the app for the next order. :stare:

edit: this thing

http://disneysynclink.com/disney-chefs/

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Cais posted:

PhotoPass switched over to taking run Disney photos with the dark side half. We are shooting the tinker bell next week too so from now on they will all be PhotoPass and included in your Memory Maker or PhotoPass+ One Day.

We tag the bibs by hand. I elected to skip that particular OT shift.

Oh that sounds fun. I was curious how that was going to work when I was watching Photopass snap away at the finishline of the Dark Side half.

nbakyfan
Dec 19, 2005
We keep the magic, as magical as possible on the ride side and technology side. Please remember that when posting about the show as this is a public forum.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

nbakyfan posted:

We keep the magic, as magical as possible on the ride side and technology side. Please remember that when posting about the show as this is a public forum.
For some of us, the technology is the magic. I find it fascinating.

Not that I'd want anyone to lose their job over it, of course, but we do have some former cast members who post here too.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As someone who works in attractions for a living the technology is fun and it's even more fun to deconstruct how other places do it. :shrug:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Abu Dave posted:

If we're going all Inside disney© I used one of my "connections" and managed to get a sneak peek at the Apps Disney use when they cook. They're really frightingly deep, like the one app used for Quick service tracks each thing they cook to the point where it has to take a certain temperature reading before it can be cleared off the app for the next order. :stare:

edit: this thing

http://disneysynclink.com/disney-chefs/

That's pretty rad and all, but if you watch the guys in the kitchen at Pecos Bills, they're slapping that food on the plate by the handful and sliding it on down as fast as possible :lol:

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Checked in at the airport, told me flight was oversold by one and they were looking for a volunteer to bump for a $500 voucher. "I have FastPasses this evening in Disney, it's not a good idea for me."

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Oh that sucks Anya! I hope you got on the flight.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
Yup, made it on. They did have to reshuffle passengers to balance the plane out, which was slightly unnerving. Bloody Mary and crab cakes for lunch at 830am is an interesting change of pace. Just chilling on layover now.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I have a bunch of clients and friends at Disney now and I'm getting a bit irrationally angry that I am not there as well.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

I'm here almost every day

:smug:

(disclaimer: I don't have a lot of spending money so my time in the parks is actually quite limited)

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
Uh, this splurging on first class plane tickets is nice. Second flight also booked up, like hell im budging from this seat for $300. It's almost magic time!

And there must be one heck of a cheerleading competition at wide world of sports. This flight has more glitter than the Las Vegas strip.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I need to learn the secret goon wave. I bet I walked right past you on HM and didn't know it was you, BBS.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Anya posted:

And there must be one heck of a cheerleading competition at wide world of sports. This flight has more glitter than the Las Vegas strip.

They've been here for weeks now, don't bring more :stare:

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Braks, is there a reason the official website won't show me any dates beyond 12/31/2016? Seems strange that you can't book January yet, and I want to secure my room for marathon weekend

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Braks is the authority, but I know last year they didn't release 2016 bookings online until July or so.

I've read you can call and book over the phone up to 499 days in advance, but the price will probably change when they figure out 2017 pricing. The hold up is the pricing for 2017 hasn't been decided (I think)

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Really? That seems incredibly odd, considering how they stress everything needs to be planned in advance. Less than six months seems crazy to me for such a big trip.

I can see 2017 dates IF I set the arrival date at 12/31/2016, but that's not very helpful

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Is the rum dole whip still in Epcot by the world showcase?

Anya
Nov 3, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

They've been here for weeks now, don't bring more :stare:

Tripped a couple in MCO just for you.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

It's actually been a fantastic few weeks since spring break ended. Mine Train had a 30 min wait yesterday at like prime time. The weather hasn't been rough either, yesterday and today are hot but the evenings are still nice and cool.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
HAHAHAHHAHA Disney sends us a passholder exclusive. Passholders enjoy half off the special after hours ticketed event.

How about no! Sorry your brilliant idea to fleece guests $149 for three hours of park time isn't doing so hot. Eat a bucket of dicks.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dunno, $75 to ride whatever rides you want with virtually no wait times sounds worth it for me :shrug:

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

It sounds worth it to me for $150, seeing as you don't need regular park entry either and you get to enter at 6pm.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
You enter at 6P but it's not park exclusive at that hour, you still have normal park hours. So you come in at 6, deal with guests until midnight, then you have the park to yourself for three hours with limited attractions open.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
thanks to braks - I get to look at this when I wake up.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Neat! Is that from Animal Kingdom Lodge?

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Anya posted:

thanks to braks - I get to look at this when I wake up.

AKL is kick rear end. We were on vacation there last week, splurged for first class flights and Savannah view room. My wife and daughter deserved the upgrade, been a rough year.

Make sure you check out the night vision goggle thing.
And hit the butterfly tent at Epcot!

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Is the goon secret wave the one where you learn to sign "do you have stairs in your house?"

Also, Josh at easywdw did one of the paid early morning accessing events at MK and was pleasantly surprised by it, almost considering it worth while. On paper, it sounds kinda lack luster, but the intangibles are what I never considered and adds to the experience (happier staff and happier guests namely)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
Yeah, I originally booked a standard view and when I checked in last week, requested a trail view. Wasn't expecting to actually get it so that was a sweet surprise.
About to try out Sum of all Thrills. There's very low crowds in Future World.