Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Mike-o posted:

my nigga have u tried lsd????????

what is that? Reserve?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
"Sorry Major, I don't make PowerPoint decks"

:supaburn:

Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

Now with 25% more kimchee.

Mike-o posted:

You've got battered wife syndrome with the army btw.

I know I do. Maybe if I try a little bit harder, Army will love me more. Maybe Army will stop yelling so much and give me jewelry! Oh how I wish Army would give me that shiny gold bar. Then I know Army loves me.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Vasudus posted:

"Sorry Major, I don't make PowerPoint decks"

:supaburn:

Your daily contributions to that man's ulcer is our revenge. G*d bless

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

The problem with vacationing in Monterey is that the DLI kids occasionally show up in town in uniform, reminding me that I have to go back to work eventually. 18 months to go.

Tangentially, this beard is itchy, kinda patchy, and my kids hate it, and I'm going to miss it terribly.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Your daily contributions to that man's ulcer is our revenge. G*d bless

He's not even in my section. I just overhear things because they are like two rows over and the major is loud. He manages a team of 8-10 people, all contractors. Mostly epidemiologist PhDs and their associated support like a biostats guy and such.

Last week he talked to me in the break room, hearing that I was former Army. He stopped talking to me when I told him that I was enlisted. Did the same thing almost all former/current officers do: go "oh" and change the topic, then never speak of it again.

I give him 4 months - 1 month before he snaps and 3 months waiting for orders to go elsewhere.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Is he medical branch or something? I work with people like those contractors every day and military management just isn't compatible with the collegial atmosphere needed for R&D. I mean what's the point of having an officer in charge instead of a better qualified civilian?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Is he medical branch or something? I work with people like those contractors every day and military management just isn't compatible with the collegial atmosphere needed for R&D. I mean what's the point of having an officer in charge instead of a better qualified civilian?

He's technically in the nursing corps but he's the most combat armsiest nurse I've ever seen. Maybe he was stationed in Korea and Germany his whole career, I don't know. Dude won't talk to me about Army stuff lmao

This is a joint org under DHA so we have Army/Navy/PHS staff here in a lot of positions. It doesn't make sense but that's how it is. Positions tend to be vacant for 6-8 months all the time because the services don't want to staff it and the Feds won't classify it GS, probably because of all the 17-ish GS we have here, the lowest grade one is a single GS-13.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Vasudus posted:

He's technically in the nursing corps but he's the most combat armsiest nurse I've ever seen. Maybe he was stationed in Korea and Germany his whole career, I don't know. Dude won't talk to me about Army stuff lmao

This is a joint org under DHA so we have Army/Navy/PHS staff here in a lot of positions. It doesn't make sense but that's how it is. Positions tend to be vacant for 6-8 months all the time because the services don't want to staff it and the Feds won't classify it GS, probably because of all the 17-ish GS we have here, the lowest grade one is a single GS-13.

I've been wondering how the commissioned PHS dudes like it, level 1 trauma center emergency medicine sounds fun but so do a bunch of the PHS positions or even State's embassy medical provider gigs.

TheAlphaChaser
May 12, 2013
Riding a loving 25 hour bus from JBLM to Irwin right now to build sand castles and jerk off in a Porta potty God bless

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
the only good thing about irwin was the taco trucks. also i had a pretty cool 1SG so we took an actually fun hike up to the top of Mt. Tiefort at the end of our rotation. No ACU top or gear, just whatever food we wanted to bring and camelbaks full of water.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

TheAlphaChaser posted:

Riding a loving 25 hour bus from JBLM to Irwin right now to build sand castles and jerk off in a Porta potty God bless

I'd take the sand and blistering sun frying my Scotch Irish rear end like a loving egg over lovely, muggy, canned swamp-rear end Polk 10 times out of 10.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

If anyone can read the black comedy that is currently McNally's life and still want anything to do with the military, the moment they start making excuses for it is the moment they deserve every terrible thing that happens to them.

It's also worth noting that when my wife died, she was having trouble finding work because her security clearance was suspended because someone in her unit sat on some paperwork they needed from her until the last minute. I helped her get it finished, thank God she kept a file cabinet full of pretty much every piece of paper she ever touched in her life.

Then the worthless gently caress continued sitting on it until oh dear we never got the paperwork we needed from you.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

McNally if you ever go postal I'm writing a book to explain the situation and then both defend and praise your actions.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

TheAlphaChaser posted:

What's with the retarded pie poo poo I keep seeing posted on Facebook?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

McNally if you ever go postal I'm writing a book to explain the situation and then both defend and praise your actions.

You can title it "My Struggle"

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Teflon Don posted:

I'd get sued

11b1p
Feb 5, 2008

This picture is worth 20 words or something.

Mike-o posted:

the only good thing about irwin was the taco trucks. also i had a pretty cool 1SG so we took an actually fun hike up to the top of Mt. Tiefort at the end of our rotation. No ACU top or gear, just whatever food we wanted to bring and camelbaks full of water.

Tortas 4 Lyfe

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Perhaps you can find a solution to that which will be final.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Teflon Don posted:

Perhaps you can find a solution to that which will be final.

Best to just get rid of the evidence and incinerate the manuscript.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

I've been wondering how the commissioned PHS dudes like it, level 1 trauma center emergency medicine sounds fun but so do a bunch of the PHS positions or even State's embassy medical provider gigs.

PHS dudes like it a lot, generally. All the officer billets are either O4, O5, O6 though, they're not bracketed. We're losing one PHS O4 because he can't get promoted.

Army is always a crapshoot, I think they send their misfits over to DHA.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Best to just get rid of the evidence and incinerate the manuscript.

Create the thread, then get it gassed.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Icon Of Sin posted:

Create the thread, then get it gassed.

Create several threads around it to give it some living space.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Teflon Don posted:

I was thinking more like : "I was very nearly an Arsonist/Serial Killer."

Cleared my desk out today. Sucks. I've been able to sham like a champ these past months. Now I have to bum a computer.

Which helps I guess. I'm doing 4 classes at once starting May 1st.

TheAlphaChaser
May 12, 2013

Naked Bear posted:

What's with the retarded pie poo poo I keep seeing posted on Facebook?

Pie the face of someone at the expense of a donation to the ball fund to bring your Tinderella or third wife to

TheAlphaChaser fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 27, 2016

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
8 years ago i went full retard and enlisted

today i'm out.

if you're still in: smdftb

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I think the squidpie that one dude did was pretty funny.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

today i'm out.

if you're still in: smdftb

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

One of the women that graduated ranger school last summer also became the first female infantry officer this week. Can't wait to listen to a bunch of 25, 88, and 92 series officers and NCOs complain about it next drill.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

psydude posted:

One of the women that graduated ranger school last summer also became the first female infantry officer this week. Can't wait to listen to a bunch of 25, 88, and 92 series officers and NCOs complain about it next drill.

"How can I trust her to drag me in full battle rattle 400 meters ablahean aewnoiuanv adsx..."

*sips monster, eats entire cake, on profile for life*

Merton Blask
Jun 30, 2008

So it's true! Mysterio is
gay for sex... with me?
These past two weeks on AT have been the most fun I've had in the army in the past decade, namely since nobody's realized that I'm ETSing in five months.

It turns out that it's pretty easy to gloss over your own name when briefing the CSM on soldiers with less than a year on contract when you're the retention guy!

So far, I've actively prevented my section from getting tasked out to silly work details, everyone's working out/eating/existing on their own time like adults, and I'm putting everyone in for awards.

I don't care any more, and we're all having a blast.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Ive told this guy dead set on staying in the army about the nursing program and PA program and how he could at least make decent money wasting his life, today he told me he decided hes going to reclass to CI and then re-enlist for another 6 years to "get out and get a good job using his experience." :cripes:

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Ace of Baes posted:

Ive told this guy dead set on staying in the army about the nursing program and PA program and how he could at least make decent money wasting his life, today he told me he decided hes going to reclass to CI and then re-enlist for another 6 years to "get out and get a good job using his experience." :cripes:

Hope he likes working for OPM doing background checks because that convinced even my father, who's been a superpatriot since before I was conceived to quit working and retire. Instead of you know, finishing that drat book about being a drunk sailor/Navy CI in the 70's...

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Ace of Baes posted:

That's a shame, the nursing life is pretty cush, decent pay, and gives you the freedom to literally practice anywhere in the U.S

poo poo, if he has any resemblance of wanting to do that I'll e-mail him and tell him the wonders of being in class where 88% of the student body are young ~21 year old women

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Medical corps is a pretty different beast from the rest of the Army. Consider how much medical school normally costs, and how much doctors and nurses get paid in the military on top of their normal officer base pay.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

MurderBot posted:

poo poo, if he has any resemblance of wanting to do that I'll e-mail him and tell him the wonders of being in class where 88% of the student body are young ~21 year old women

Yeah, but they don't want some old GI bill veteran.........do they?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
no one likes a veteran lets be real, outside of VA homeloan refinancing scam companies

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

no one likes a veteran lets be real, outside of VA homeloan refinancing scam companies

My children claim to like me. But I'm pretty sure they'll be talking to their therapists about me in 20 years.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

having bought two homes now with a VA loan the level of truth here is appalling

i get a letter from one of them every god drat day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
only one?

• Locked thread