Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

cowofwar posted:

Developers are on the west coast. It broke at the end of their work day and they will only now be starting their day.

That's fair. With luck it'll be a quick fix. Probably won't, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

cowofwar posted:

Developers are on the west coast. It broke at the end of their work day and they will only now be starting their day.

Well, they know the problem now, so, um, oh yeah, we're totally hosed.

Also, it didn't start at the end of their day, it started before 11 goddamn AM, they just might not have known about it until 1 or 2.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

This game being broken made me decide to check out Star Trek Timelines, someone please kill me

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Try Freeblade. It's a different type of f2p game but really captures the WH40k feel.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Syrinxx posted:

This game being broken made me decide to check out Star Trek Timelines, someone please kill me

I still play that!

Saitorr
Dec 23, 2008

YES THE CARPET MATCHES THE DRAPES IN BOTH COLOR AND LENGTH

Chilichimp posted:

I still play that!

Me too.

Kill me too.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
24 hours downtime by now, meh.

Youth with a Skull
Aug 16, 2004

Hit 'em with one-a dees
Grimey Drawer
Is this a goon first? Disbanding / imploding / breaking the game before the first raid wipe?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Neutron posted:

24 hours downtime by now, meh.

Meh, they don't care, it's only affecting like 100 people

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

Meh, they don't care, it's only affecting like 100 people

It sounds like it is hitting at least 2 other guilds, so they probably care a lot.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
In the EA forums thread it looks like members from a couple other guilds are also now reporting the same issues. At least three others so I imagine there are more. Seems to be a problem encountered when a rancor raid session gets interrupted in some way?

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I imagine it's not hitting that many players yet because many haven't started raiding.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

two_step posted:

It sounds like it is hitting at least 2 other guilds, so they probably care a lot.

Also if it can happen to us who knows who else it may happen to in the future.

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
Every hour I don't play, my wife's dreams of me deleting this game become greater.

Still not going to play that star trek game though.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

cowofwar posted:

Seems to be a problem encountered when a rancor raid session gets interrupted in some way?

EA Jesse confirmed it had to do with the raid. Additionally, I believe we were almost exactly at 50%, so I wonder if that had something to do with it.

While you're waiting on playing the game, watch some fuzzy bears on Tier V Raid Captain (Phase 1):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12yAgmawJuA

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Apr 28, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Chance of it getting fixed before the end of today are probably slim.

Woo..

Lost out on;
Login Bonus
Arena Shards
Arena Ladder
Cantina
Daily Activities
Shipments
Hardmode
Activities

Anything else? This is dumb.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Malgrin posted:

EA Jesse confirmed it had to do with the raid. Additionally, I believe we were almost exactly at 50%, so I wonder if that had something to do with it.

While you're waiting on playing the game, watch some fuzzy bears on Tier V Raid Captain (Phase 1):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12yAgmawJuA

Holy poo poo. Ewoks OP.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Update: two devs are eating pizza and one is masturbating in the bathroom.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

cowofwar posted:

Update: two devs are eating pizza and one is masturbating in the bathroom.

Progress, then! Soon they'll be ready to code in all that sweet compensation they'll give us.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mile'ionaha posted:

Holy poo poo. Ewoks OP.

This is what I've been saying since they announced Chirpa. Unfortunately, I still only have a 4* scout (and Chirpa is almost 4* -- but he's at least easy to farm).

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Well, on the bright side, so far they have been pretty generous with reimbursement for even small issues. So for a day's downtime I am expecting something grand !

trapt
Sep 21, 2010
Why don't they just reset our raid and give us all 1st place rewards for it anda bunch of crystals as compensation for the down time...

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

trapt posted:

Why don't they just reset our raid and give us all 1st place rewards for it anda bunch of crystals as compensation for the down time...

Feature is brand new I bet the CR tools are being developed still.

Youth with a Skull
Aug 16, 2004

Hit 'em with one-a dees
Grimey Drawer

trapt posted:

I'm kind of wondering the same thing... It doesn't seem like a terribly complicated issue to fix, at least temporarily. Judging from the forums / flood of complaints, it seems like the developers are pretty inundated with issues since the patch dropped.

I'm also starting to wonder if the other guilds that chimed in on our issue thread are trying to piggyback for crystals or if the issue is happening to others.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Youth with a Skull posted:

I'm kind of wondering the same thing... It doesn't seem like a terribly complicated issue to fix, at least temporarily. Judging from the forums / flood of complaints, it seems like the developers are pretty inundated with issues since the patch dropped.

I'm also starting to wonder if the other guilds that chimed in on our issue thread are trying to piggyback for crystals or if the issue is happening to others.

I was wondering that too. I hope it's the latter and happening to others, so that the issue gets fixed quicker. But people are poo poo.

Apparently they updated about this issue in another thread: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/34208/stuck-at-loading-cantina-screen-on-android#latest

Later today? Who knows.

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Apr 28, 2016

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

EA_Jesse;362606 posted:

We're going to be putting a fix out later this afternoon that should help some players that are getting stuck on the loading Cantina Screen.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Def looks like it won't be fixed before the roll overtime. Missed so much now :(

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

iGestalt posted:

Def looks like it won't be fixed before the roll overtime. Missed so much now :(

It looks like we were just the first guild to get hosed over. If they give out even rewards to everyone affected by this, I'm going to murder someone.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/33725/stuck-at-loading-cantina-since-todays-4-27-patch/p3

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

It looks like we were just the first guild to get hosed over. If they give out even rewards to everyone affected by this, I'm going to murder someone.

Yeah. I could see them just doing the same for everyone. Which'd suck.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

iGestalt posted:

I haven't been able to log into this app in over a day, and if they reward everyone 500 crystals for my suffering, I'm going to flip my poo poo.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Apr 28, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

iGestalt posted:

In the PM to me, EA_Jesse essentially said he knew who this bug was affected and so that it would be targeted (as opposed to giving credits to everyone that plays this game, like they've done for access issues in the past), but it will be complete bullshit if we get the same rewards as a guild that's been down for 4-5 hours.

Also, I'm probably going to be upset if we get less than about 2-3k crystals each. This is a huge loss in XP, shards, gear, energy, challenges (I didn't finish yesterday's challenges), you name it. Time is everything in a game like this, and being offline for almost 30 hours is a massive disadvantage in your arena group. I mean, gently caress, I'm probably around 50th now, which means when I finally do get online, I'll have to climb back up to top 5, which will probably cost 100 credits over 2 days or 150 credits over one day...

I was ready to change my 2* review of this game (which I gave them over their last patch) -- because this last content patch was pretty awesome. Sure, raid loot and whatever, but it's actually new, good content.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

In the PM to me, EA_Jesse essentially said he knew who this bug was affected and so that it would be targeted (as opposed to giving credits to everyone that plays this game, like they've done for access issues in the past), but it will be complete bullshit if we get the same rewards as a guild that's been down for 4-5 hours.

Also, I'm probably going to be upset if we get less than about 2-3k crystals each. This is a huge loss in XP, shards, gear, energy, challenges (I didn't finish yesterday's challenges), you name it. Time is everything in a game like this, and being offline for almost 30 hours is a massive disadvantage in your arena group. I mean, gently caress, I'm probably around 50th now, which means when I finally do get online, I'll have to climb back up to top 5, which will probably cost 100 credits over 2 days or 150 credits over one day...

I was ready to change my 2* review of this game (which I gave them over their last patch) -- because this last content patch was pretty awesome. Sure, raid loot and whatever, but it's actually new, good content.

Agreed, 100%. I'm hoping for 2-3k Crystals, or a ton of stuff. Or a Level 80 7* General Grevious with item Level 10.

Too much?

trapt
Sep 21, 2010

Malgrin posted:

Yeah if they can't fix it within the next few hours, it'll probably go to tomorrow PM, EST, which would mean 48 hours downtime. That's 3 days affected...

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
They do have a tendency to massively overcompensate for these things (e.g. the rewards for broken challenges a couple of weeks back). I don't mind if other affected guilds get compensation also, since odds are good that none of them are directly competing with any of us anyway. But I'll be mighty pissed if they just compensate the whole userbase.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

trapt posted:

Yeah if they can't fix it within the next few hours, it'll probably go to tomorrow PM, EST, which would mean 48 hours downtime. That's 3 days affected...

Yup, I'm getting close to missing my second arena (Woohoo PST -- although, I wish I'd had someone on EST...or even GMT start the guild...way better for timers and whatnot).

e: Also, if someone else started this guild, we would not have had this problem because we would have started the raid sooner, then progressed sooner...and...um...sorry guys.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

The cycle is broken and my addiction is cured. I'm just going to submit for a refund for the $10 I spent on crystals through the itunes store.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Tom Tucker posted:

The cycle is broken and my addiction is cured. I'm just going to submit for a refund for the $10 I spent on crystals through the itunes store.

Well, it was only a matter of time until we lost our first. At least now I have more leverage for better compensation :getin:

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Apr 28, 2016

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
God I have a 1.5hr commute twice a day and today's has been boring as gently caress.

Youth with a Skull
Aug 16, 2004

Hit 'em with one-a dees
Grimey Drawer
At this point they pretty much need to drop 7* characters and gear on us to save face. 2+ days of outtage is pretty unheard of for a competitive mobile game, especially when it affects specific competitive teams. Not that we would have gotten them, but we've been knocked out of the running for world firsts, arena ranks, etc. Crystals aren't really gonna fix that.

EDIT: LITERALLY SHAKING, etc. (but really, this is pretty stupid)

Youth with a Skull fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Apr 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I am flaring my baleen in anger.

• Locked thread