Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Slavvy posted:

What is the bondage zip on the seat for?

So you can put stuff in the seat cowl. It's a practical race bike!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

PaintVagrant posted:

Just bought my first. 2014 Ninja 300 SE ABS. I am so god damned pumped I think I have posted this pic in like 5 threads now, haha. Pic is pretty dark because it was late, but the wheels have the red lining on them.

I think your SuperDuke might be a fake dude. They dont come in green. Take that poo poo back and get the right bike.

alr
May 14, 2009

PaintVagrant posted:

Just bought my first. 2014 Ninja 300 SE ABS. I am so god damned pumped I think I have posted this pic in like 5 threads now, haha. Pic is pretty dark because it was late, but the wheels have the red lining on them.

300(ish) cc first bike crew woo

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

alr posted:

300(ish) cc first bike crew woo

I have to say, the blue wheels on these really pop compared to all the other beginner bikes. Makes it look really high quality.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Yamaha does blue rims so right. Silver and blue FJ-09 looks phenomenal in real life.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

PaintVagrant posted:

Just bought my first. 2014 Ninja 300 SE ABS.

Sup baby ninja buddy. I also got a '14 a few months ago. Replacing the stock tires with Pirelli Diablo Rosso II tires was massive. Way more confidence inspiring.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I love the look of the blue R3 but I'm racist against blue bikes! Help me Cycle Asylum, this dilemma is tearing me apart!

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

dema posted:

Sup baby ninja buddy. I also got a '14 a few months ago. Replacing the stock tires with Pirelli Diablo Rosso II tires was massive. Way more confidence inspiring.

:hfive: yeah that and an oil change is first up on my list.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Z3n posted:

Yamaha does blue rims so right. Silver and blue FJ-09 looks phenomenal in real life.
Orange Repsol CBR wheels are the best though.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Slapped my tail bag on the Tuono and took it out for a nice cruise around Greenwich, CT. Found a cool little spot to take pics.
Bag fit a surprising amount of groceries!

(not pictured: power wheelies)

Also got a pretty sweet new helmet sticker...

My new $50 android phone definitely does not take great pictures :cry:

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Oh dang I want that sticker

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

GriszledMelkaba posted:

Oh dang I want that sticker

http://buttstuff2016.com

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

from this:

to this:

Honda Red is actually a unique pigment made of :homebrew: blood and tears

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

drat, the Dark Tuono is a good lookin bike. Do you get off the bike to fill it up, or do you prefer to bathe your crotch?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

captainOrbital posted:

drat, the Dark Tuono is a good lookin bike. Do you get off the bike to fill it up, or do you prefer to bathe your crotch?

You get off your bike to fill it up?

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I was just noticing how far back towards the crotch the filler cap was situated. It made me think of spills involving fuel and crotches.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I hadn't even considered not getting off the bike until now

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

captainOrbital posted:

I was just noticing how far back towards the crotch the filler cap was situated. It made me think of spills involving fuel and crotches.

If you accidentally pick up a wheelie with a full-ish tank it dumps right out around the cap... but the way the air flows pulls the gas forward instead of letting it roast your nuts. So nice.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

A MIRACLE posted:

I hadn't even considered not getting off the bike until now

On long trips, I stay on the bike to maximize the amount of fuel I can get in the tank. Otherwise, always off.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
I always fuel up on the bike to get it to the very top, definitely it involves some delicate nozzle-crotch maneuvering skills, and definitely I leaked a bit out last ride when I topped it off.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Upgraded my Vespa Bravo to a similar year Motobécane 50V. Nearly complete, just needs a lot of rebuilding. Italy good France better.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It's motor downhill pedal uphill right?

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Washed both bikes, installed bash plate and tasteful tail of the dragon decal on WR250X

Really happy with this placement. Fully visible under my leg when riding, but understated. Wanted one of these on a vehicle for years.

Bashplate is much smaller than expected. Did some sound buffering and it's no louder than without. Really like it.

I haven't washed the ex250, so I was stunned at the shine and luster it had. I had thought the gauges were fading, but it turns out they were just really dirty.

Mmmm jet black gauge cluster

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I inevitably end up getting off to grab paper towels to clean stray drops from my gas tank, because the nozzles around here drip like my dick after a weak piss. And then I kick all the trash cans when the gas station inevitably didn't stock paper towels.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

one time I kept topping off my tank cause the pumps in CA are weird and wasn't paying attention cause my music was on and ended up dumping about a half gallon all over my bike and the fresh asphalt at the station

actually that was like 3 weeks ago

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
ah, yes. California gas pumps are the only gas pumps with foreskins.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Sagebrush posted:

ah, yes. California gas pumps are the only gas pumps with foreskins.

No, they have those stupid things on some of the pumps up here in Oregon too. Makes filling up take two hands, and with the way a lot of bike gas caps are hinged, means you can't insert the nozzle all the way into the inlet anyways 'cause the foreskin gets stuck on the cap.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Some Arizona pumps have them too, but not many.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

When I was in CA filling up a bike for the first time I think I actually swapped pumps twice thinking they were broken before I realized what was going on :(

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

Infinotize posted:

When I was in CA filling up a bike for the first time I think I actually swapped pumps twice thinking they were broken before I realized what was going on :(

Same :(

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:

We have those goddamn things in Washington, too.

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

I've never filled up a tank outside of CA. You say there are pumps without the rubber boot?

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
Most are like this:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Razzled posted:

You bought the wrong italian

This reminds me... can someone please find me a yellow aprilia RSV?

edited for clarity; I like fairings.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Apr 28, 2016

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Does the regional differences in gas pumps discussion happen in every forum on SA?

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Does the regional differences in gas pumps discussion happen in every forum on SA?

Things goons talk about : Gas pumps, why your pizza/burgers suck, why your city/state sucks, why you're wrong.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Is there a particular reason california is so anal about petrol vapours? The zzr600 manual indicates kawasaki made a separate version just for CA that had the fuel tank breather tube route into a box to collect the fumes. Does every bike sold there have to have that?

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein

Renaissance Robot posted:

Is there a particular reason california is so anal about petrol vapours? The zzr600 manual indicates kawasaki made a separate version just for CA that had the fuel tank breather tube route into a box to collect the fumes. Does every bike sold there have to have that?

I can't speak about that specifically, but traditionally CA has been incredibly anal about emissions since Los Angeles (and a lot of southern California) became a health hazard because the emissions from all the vehicles were so intense. They had air quality warnings where people were urged not to go outdoors. The smog was so bad that politicians actually had to do something about it.

Since then, the pendulum has swung way back the other way. CA is one of the most restrictive states in terms of vehicle emissions, which is a PITA for the rest of us because car and bike manufacturers generally won't bring a vehicle to the US if all the states won't accept it.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice

Renaissance Robot posted:

AFAIK every bike sold in the US has an alternate CA approved model, it goes back a couple decades I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

AncientTV posted:

AFAIK every bike sold in the US has an alternate CA approved model, it goes back a couple decades I think.

This was true some time back, but most manufacturers just sell CA legal bikes to everyone in North America now - even Ducati. You can tell by looking at the emissions sticker on the frame / airbox / wherever your manufacturer put it, though.