Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Talorat posted:

The production values on this edit are unbelievably high. So much detail.

Yeah, that guy is fantastic. He's the Leonardo Da Vinci of making tv theme songs be about weed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnS-05XoXs4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yeah, that guy is fantastic. He's the Leonardo Da Vinci of making tv theme songs be about weed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnS-05XoXs4

Oh my god :allears: I just watched all his videos. The man is an artist.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Rick Potion No. 9 was on [as] tonight. Definitely probably my favorite until I binge the whole series again and pick a new one.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Strobe posted:

Rick Potion No. 9 was on [as] tonight. Definitely probably my favorite until I binge the whole series again and pick a new one.

"Total Rickall" for life

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
Welp, here I go killing again

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Rama of Ra posted:

Oh yeah, I guess every episode is pretty much the best when you mention it

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

starkebn posted:

I don't think I have ever watched an episode and thought, "this isn't as good as..."

Rick and Morty somehow manages to be amazing in different ways on every episode.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

starkebn posted:

:agreed:

Negative visualization Jerry, explains a lot about where you're at in life.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Megaspel posted:

I don't think I have ever watched an episode and thought, "this isn't as good as..."

Rick and Morty somehow manages to be amazing in different ways on every episode.

I'm probably gonna get crucified for this, but I thought both Razing Gazorpazorp and Get Schwifty were a little weaker overall than most episodes. (But still full of some funny and original stuff)

Two episodes out of two seasons ain't bad at all though, R&M is solid gold. And even those two were still pretty entertaining, just IMO not quite up to the extremely high bar the rest of the series set. Episodes like Rixty Minutes are not just hilarious, but somehow manage to really make you think and have a strong message and theme too.

Rama of Ra posted:

I would watch an entire show about Krombopulos Michael.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Apr 26, 2016

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Yeah I found Razing Gazorpazorp a little weak, and I thought the Zardoz plot fell back on a lot of tired stereotypes and the jokes felt like 20 years out of date. lol women don't fart and they're obsessed with their bangs.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Gazorpazorp was weak but I think schwifty got better on a rewatch.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Baronjutter posted:

Yeah I found Razing Gazorpazorp a little weak, and I thought the Zardoz plot fell back on a lot of tired stereotypes and the jokes felt like 20 years out of date. lol women don't fart and they're obsessed with their bangs.

we're here if you need to talk.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Gazorpazorp was weak but I think schwifty got better on a rewatch.

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

Just gets funnier and funnier each time I watch it.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Get Schwifty can't be bad, because it has birdperson in it.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

That is one of the great things about this show; even the worst of episodes have at least something in it that's loving hilarious. Like, I'm not a huge fan of the second interdimensional cable episode [the first one is so drat good,] but Wernor Herzog making dick jokes is loving great

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Slightly Absurd posted:

That is one of the great things about this show; even the worst of episodes have at least something in it that's loving hilarious. Like, I'm not a huge fan of the second interdimensional cable episode [the first one is so drat good,] but Wernor Herzog making dick jokes is loving great

Oh yeah, that's the worst episode. But that one Herzog bit is amazing.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
The only one I don't enjoy rewatching is the very first episode. The plot is simple and mostly just random/wacky for the sake of it. Rick also burps and says Morty like 100 times, and he's still basically Doc from the Doc and Mharty short since they had not yet fleshed out his character. Basically it feels like what I would expect out of an Adult Swim show vs. what it actually became.

I do love Rick's ending monologue though.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I marathoned R&M over the course of a couple of weeks and Get Schwifty didn't even register, so when I rewatched it at a friend's place a few weeks ago it was like new (and also hilarious).

SHOOOW ME WHAT YOU GOOOOT~

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Propaganda Machine posted:

I marathoned R&M over the course of a couple of weeks and Get Schwifty didn't even register, so when I rewatched it at a friend's place a few weeks ago it was like new (and also hilarious).

SHOOOW ME WHAT YOU GOOOOT~

Ice T was really the best part of that episode.

Or should I say... WATER T.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1Kgl9aqOnI

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Sanguinia posted:

Ice T was really the best part of that episode.

Or should I say... WATER T.

"I care now! You made me care more!" still gets way more laughter out of me than it probably ever should have.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ugh

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

It seems rather pointless to try and predict how season 3 will start. I doubt anyone could've called the second season beginning with time police testicle monsters voiced by Key and Peele

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

I managed to make it a couple of minutes through, imagine my horror when I realised there was another 10 or so.

It's pretty obvious the guy doesn't understand jokes, but for non-mathematicians he also doesn't understand infinities. It's perfectly sensible to talk about finite subsets of infinite sets. Here's a finite subset of the reals: 2. (Well, {2} strictly speaking)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I bet that guy thought Mr. Poopy Butthole was a parasite.

JD
Jan 11, 2003

Slightly Absurd posted:

It seems rather pointless to try and predict how season 3 will start. I doubt anyone could've called the second season beginning with time police testicle monsters voiced by Key and Peele

The official Rick and Morty Facebook reposted this, so they're aware of it. There's no way they'll go this route now, and I doubt we'll ever see K. Michael again.

I think he's right about the Mr. Poopy Butthole thing though

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
video was super spergy but one cool catch/idea is the ticket the original r&m are given for their Jerry has the number on it that the other r&m are asking for at the end of the episode. so there was some sort of mixup there and maybe it was the memory parasite they brought home.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

bring back old gbs posted:

video was super spergy but one cool catch/idea is the ticket the original r&m are given for their Jerry has the number on it that the other r&m are asking for at the end of the episode. so there was some sort of mixup there and maybe it was the memory parasite they brought home.

yep, I didn't know this and thought this was a good catch. cool video

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

bring back old gbs posted:

Then how did Jerry get back?

I do like the idea that it was an alt-universe Krombopulous Michael that died (or another bug-person? I kinda skimmed the video), so he could return to rescue Rick from Prison. I don't think they'll do that, but I'm always down to watch ole' K.Mike do some killin'

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
IIRC you can see a parasite hanging out in the crystals Rick is putting in the trunk, wrong Jerry didn't carry them.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Jerry is so boring, that most of the alternate Jerry's are exactly the same.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

CelticPredator posted:

I bet that guy thought Mr. Poopy Butthole was a parasite.
Maybe you should actually watch the video, because he explicitly states that he isn't.

For those who don't want or can't watch it: He states that the Rick and Morty that kills K.Michael and Fart (and subsequently get memory parasites and are friends with Poopy) are NOT C-137 Rick and Morty, with some pretty convincing evidence. This means C-137 michael is still alive and he thinks k.michael gonna be the one to break c-137 rick out of prison.

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Apr 28, 2016

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I'm good on watching that video.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

"I'll show you the evidence" *intro plays*

*buckles seatbelt* hell yea lets roll

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Watched it, he posits that cromboulous is still alive in the c137 universe and that he will come and break Rick out of jail.

I checked his math, it adds up. IT ADDS UP!!!!!

e: If you go back to the blitz n chitz episode, c137 RnM get a jerry check ticket with a number on it that you can see. He later uses this to point out that the RnM that we followed through the epsiode are from a different universe. Another thing is that Mr Poopy Butthole is real, and shows up in the opening credits which, the narrator says, means that the mr poopy butthole episode is a different universe RnM that we are watching.

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Apr 28, 2016

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

MasterSlowPoke posted:

IIRC you can see a parasite hanging out in the crystals Rick is putting in the trunk, wrong Jerry didn't carry them.

I didn't watch the video that guy posted, but I went back and watched Mortynight Run and you can totally see a parasite egg attached to the rocks Rick is putting in the trunk.

That's a really cool hidden detail.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
"The Rick is Morty that saved the cloud creature, killed K. Michael and so many other people is the Rick & Morty of the Poopy Butthole universe." Man that dude makes this show sound ridiculous.

Regarding the theory, yeah, it actually does check out, because how else would you explain Mr. Poopy Butthole being real? I like how it opens up that we could be watching any Rick in any given episode...but as I picture it, it's always going to be a subtle thing, because the alternative feels a bit deus ex machina to me.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I always thought K Micheal was going to come back because he is a great character played by a great comedian with a lot of potential and you already setup a bunch of alternative universes.

That video is all over the place though. You can explain Poopy Butthole being real because its a joke about characters that everyone in the show acts like always been there showing up randomly, you know, the thing the whole episode is about. Poopy Butthole has always been real, we just didn't saw him up to that point.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
The reason I love this show is because these types of videos can be made by crazy people. And the team will never tell us if he's right or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't give a gently caress about why we never saw Mr. Poopybutthole before then and videos like that kill the joke.

• Locked thread