Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Well, the offer is on the table with standard disclaimer of non-responsibility for From's rampant stupidity, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tallgeese posted:

No kidding.

I can grant people Concords by smacking them with my sword, but I have no idea if From will do anything.

See this is why I said might. If there's one thing Fromsoft is bad at it's handling bans/online interactions. I spent most of my time playing DS2 by giving myself items with CE to do gimmick runs with without getting (soft)banned but with SotFS I'm pretty sure I was softbanned during my very first playthrough. Without using CE.

I'm just glad I'm good enough at these games that I don't need summons, because considering how linear this game is I'll undoubtedly use CE to do dumb gimmick runs in this game too and there's no telling whether I'll get banned or not. :darksouls:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

BillmasterCozb posted:

I love it when people invade using the Zweihander

I mess with them by slowly moving backwards, and their attacks all miss me :allears:

I like to roll through their hugely telegraphed attacks and then roll out and run away

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Your Computer posted:

See this is why I said might. If there's one thing Fromsoft is bad at it's handling bans/online interactions. I spent most of my time playing DS2 by giving myself items with CE to do gimmick runs with without getting (soft)banned but with SotFS I'm pretty sure I was softbanned during my very first playthrough. Without using CE.

There are dudes who have claimed that've been blasted with the Invalid Data warning on first startup.

Are they lying? God knows, but I can believe it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

BillmasterCozb posted:

I love it when people invade using the Zweihander

I mess with them by slowly moving backwards, and their attacks all miss me :allears:

I miss the Dark Souls 1 zweihander

.Ataraxia.
Apr 3, 2007

I think my NES is broken....

Harrow posted:

A blue-white phantom is a Blade of the Darkmoon, probably summoned in to help when you invaded them. As to why you couldn't lock on, that I have no idea.

I'm pretty sure the phantom was blue/white. And it was already there when I invaded.... I didn't receive any messages about a blade of the darkmoon invading and I found them within 20 seconds of invading. Was really weird.

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

You don't really have to do it, man. Darkmoon Blade isn't worth it.
To hell it isn't! :bahgawd:

Took me 5-6 hours with ~449 item find, but I gained a ton of levels in preparation for NG+ so that's something

Bloomington fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 28, 2016

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Tallgeese posted:

There are dudes who have claimed that've been blasted with the Invalid Data warning on first startup.

Are they lying? God knows, but I can believe it.

so is the idea that if you were to go offline on steam & in game, use CE to give yourself 30 ears, immediately take those ears to the bluecop covenant and trade them for the ring & miracle, then quit out and close out, you'd be clear? I know people have said if you go offline and dupe items and leave them on your character or in your box and then go back online the game still knows, but if I trade those items duped with CE for other, legit items while still offline, will the game know that the traded items were traded with duped items when I eventually go back online?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tallgeese posted:

No kidding.

I can grant people Concords by smacking them with my sword, but I have no idea if From will do anything.

You can just do that? Boy, I hope people catch on and start doing that to help poor whelps

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

.Ataraxia. posted:

I'm pretty sure the phantom was blue/white. And it was already there when I invaded.... I didn't receive any messages about a blade of the darkmoon invading and I found them within 20 seconds of invading. Was really weird.

Was there another invader?

One time I killed five invaders for a single host as a Darkmoon because invaders just kept on coming faster than I could kill them, so I never got sent home. So it's possible you invaded while another invader was around somewhere, and that caused the Darkmoon phantom to be summoned before you got there.

Either that or it was a hacker, assuming the targeting thing isn't just the game being wonky.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

That should be fine, but part of the problem is that the standard CE table automatically attaches a debugger.

Can From detect a debugger dll being loaded in? Proooobably not, but are you willing to take that risk?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

BillmasterCozb posted:

You can just do that? Boy, I hope people catch on and start doing that to help poor whelps

The problem with doing that is, what happens if someone finds out and then has the bright idea to make a spell that gives someone else a 99+ stack of Concords? Will From go nuts on the someone else?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tallgeese posted:

That should be fine, but part of the problem is that the standard CE table automatically attaches a debugger.

Can From detect a debugger dll being loaded in? Proooobably not, but are you willing to take that risk?

With how inconsistent From's banning is, the true answer is :iiam:

Considering that they now have an "invalid data" warning message I would assume that they've improved/changed their cheat detection since DS2 though, so I'm personally waiting a bit before using CE.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
I hope someone discovers an in-game dupe glitch. Demon's Souls had the best loving duping.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Didn't DS1 have the same Darkmoon problem on release? Like the online was maaaaybe busted, and the offline way was to farm them from the crowladies in painted at an absurdly low drop rate?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Your Computer posted:

I'm just glad I'm good enough at these games that I don't need summons, because considering how linear this game is I'll undoubtedly use CE to do dumb gimmick runs in this game too and there's no telling whether I'll get banned or not. :darksouls:

youre the guy wjo was complaining about limited respecs

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Mazerunner posted:

Didn't DS1 have the same Darkmoon problem on release? Like the online was maaaaybe busted, and the offline way was to farm them from the crowladies in painted at an absurdly low drop rate?

yep
except it was relevant to gameplay because the darkmoon blade got stronger based on your covenant ranking and with the covenant buffs it was easily the best weapon buff in the game

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The greatlance sucks.. : (

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
buncha cheaters and whiners in here. at least tallgeese is creative

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

scary ghost dog posted:

youre the guy wjo was complaining about limited respecs

You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!

Oh, no, dear me. Pretend you didn't hear that! Hah hah hah!

Wagrid
Mar 15, 2014

Just a perfectly normal farm hand.

cheetah7071 posted:

I miss the Dark Souls 1 zweihander

My precious child.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm depressed that there's no good lance anymore.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

il serpente cosmico posted:

I hope someone discovers an in-game dupe glitch. Demon's Souls had the best loving duping.

They already did, like in the first couple of days of JP release.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Mazerunner posted:

Darkmoon wasn't broken any more than any other form of multiplayer in DaS, but the conditions for darkmooning to actually occur were so rare (what kind of darkwraith hangs around in human form in Dark AL/any zone where he hasn't killed the boss, instead of actually, you know, invading?) that nobody ever got darkmooned outside of PvP hotspots (Kiln and later Oolacile).

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Are rapiers/ estoc more fun than straight swords, and if so, are estoc better than rapiers?

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

there's a bunch of good spears and halberds with a charge attack though

also i can only hope there is a giantdad invader/summon in the dlc
he's the only ds1 canon character who isn't referenced in the game...
it just seems wrong seeing the zweihander without it's trusty companion

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lite_sleepr posted:

Are rapiers/ estoc more fun than straight swords, and if so, are estoc better than rapiers?

estoc is suuuuuper good because you can just spam r1 all day and there's nothing most NPCs and invaders can do about it

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

It helps that most spears have the Charge weapon art so they all kinda feel like lances. The Dragonslayer Spear's Charge art even shoots lightning!

lite_sleepr posted:

More fun is subjective. Depends on if you like poke-poke-poke or slash-slash-slash better.

If you do like the poke-poke, the Estoc is easily one of the best weapons in the game right now. Great reach, great damage, fast attacks, and slashes on R2s if you're dealing with multiple enemies.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Hamburger Test posted:

They already did, like in the first couple of days of JP release.

Isn't it just for boss souls, and hasn't it been patched?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Fereydun posted:

giantdad moved to yharnam, hes not coming back

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Fereydun posted:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I hope that the one PVP spot in the game has a lot of people that are in the WotB, even on NG++

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Fereydun posted:

Siegward is in the game.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Harrow posted:

It helps that most spears have the Charge weapon art so they all kinda feel like lances. The Dragonslayer Spear's Charge art even shoots lightning!

More fun is subjective. Depends on if you like poke-poke-poke or slash-slash-slash better.

If you do like the poke-poke, the Estoc is easily one of the best weapons in the game right now. Great reach, great damage, fast attacks, and slashes on R2s if you're dealing with multiple enemies.

DS spear is in the dragony area right?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I did it, I wasted Horace and Anri

I feel like a shitter.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Fereydun posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bvO4fc-pW4

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Yeah, it's after the boss I think.

Malek Deneith
Jun 1, 2011
Watched a friend explore Untended Graves for the first time. Then I saw him approach the boss area... and immediatly pop two summon signs. For a boss he didn't even try once yet. My gods, I'm friends with a casul! (the game punished him for it though by bugging out the fog gate)

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Harrow posted:

Yeah, it's after the boss I think.
You can also grab it through the gate it's next to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Weapon art on the Moonlight Greatsword is actually pretty loving amazing for baiting out people who try to roll into you then you hit them for over 600.