Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radical
Apr 6, 2011

iirc i was plat 3 at the time and he was diamond 5 so this was by no means perfect play but generally kayle is just going to shove in top and have no kill pressure on another ranged hero. he cant really farm under turret well so you can just win the lane that way, trying to fight him is a mistake. that was the only time i had ever seen that dragon champ though so i didnt really know what to expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Radical posted:

thats actually a really bad idea, he does more damage than kayle does

As a man who has put many games into A. Sol (mid, specifically) there is nothing more terrifying than someone who just wants to run at you. His passive does most of its damage when extended out by W, and moves much more slowly while not. Also his Q has a small arm time when you fire it, so if someone is on your face you'll have no way to get them off you without your ult and you will probably die if they just stick on top of you. \

If you are referring to if Kayle stays at his outer limit and lets the balls smack her in the face constantly while autoattacking him, I would agree A.Sol would probably win that because he can add his own autos and Q her.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

The Door Frame posted:

Illoai supp is essentially the same as Vel supp in my mind. She's who you pick if you aren't confident in your ADC and want to make sure whatever is in bottom lane dies, even if it costs your ADC a lot of missed kills. Illoai is horribly outclassed by Taric, Braum, Blitz, Leona, Nami, Janna and Raka, but against a weaker, heal-less supp like Thresh, Zyra, or Lux, she's a legitimate threat and real lane bully.

I don't know if that will last with the changes to her E, but she "works" as a supp as long as you only build Eye of the Equinox and zz for support items, then build her normal bruiser kit

Vel'koz is actually a really oppressive support with the best poke of any support, great base damage, and good itemization. Illaoi is ... none of those. She has garbage range, requires items to do damage, and has awful itemization out of the support role. They are literally nothing alike.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

blah_blah posted:

Vel'koz is actually a really oppressive support with the best poke of any support, great base damage, and good itemization. Illaoi is ... none of those. She has garbage range, requires items to do damage, and has awful itemization out of the support role. They are literally nothing alike.

She also has no crowd control beyond her "kill the ghost" slow, while Vel'koz has a knockup and spammable slows

do not play illaoi support you dumb fucks

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Illaoi is bad. Illaoi support is worse.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
I play Shen support

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

How Rude posted:

smugness aside, Illaoi support is real awful trash garbage. you are putting a melee champion with no crowd control that needs items to do anything midgame in the role that should be able to Do Things midgame with minimal gold. She isn't even semi-reliable like J4 Lux or Pantheon "support", she has straight up no utility or redeeming qualities for the role.

Yeah, like I said, she's completely outclassed by real supports, but against weaker ones, or paired with a bad ADC, she can hold/control the lane through tentacle smashes. I stopped taking her pretty early in the season because people finally learned how to not die to her E while trying to back, and learned to focus her when she pulls their spirit. I'd assume that now that the novelty has worn off and everyone build tank anyways, she's significantly less useful to the team, but the last time I played her she was still fairly strong, if not the most helpful lane companion

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I play Shen support

I used to play him everywhere... I miss his old Q and its heal. I did play a game as top New Shen and it went well, but I'm hesitant to go back to maining jungle Shen

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Ao Shin has a pretty good winrate and that's after being nerfed so something must be good about him.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Zyra is not a weak support, she would bully the poo poo out of "support" Illaoi beecause she massively outranges her

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Sexpansion posted:

Ao Shin has a pretty good winrate and that's after being nerfed so something must be good about him.

What website is this

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Ilaoi support is basically a kill-lane made to murder the enemy lane early on.

She is useless when laning phase ends, but that's true for normal Ilaoi as well, so whatever.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Firebert posted:

Zyra is not a weak support, she would bully the poo poo out of "support" Illaoi beecause she massively outranges her

Zyra is already kind of sleeper good in my opinion (as a support) but should get a lot better with the mage/mage-item rework as both a support and mid.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

What website is this

http://na.op.gg/champion/statistics

e: also, new champ stuff

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/taliyah-short-story

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Libertine posted:

Zyra is already kind of sleeper good in my opinion (as a support) but should get a lot better with the mage/mage-item rework as both a support and mid.

Having an actual passive is going to be so nice.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
tanky immobile damage dealer is exactly what i look for in a support

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Zyra is already good, her poke is just inconsistent because of the plant AI and also her passive is trashssive

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Libertine posted:

I've seen the pictures of her being surrounded by like 5 or 6 seeds at any given time. Even with diminishing returns, her already absurd damage output (and secret skillshot blocking ability) will be even better .

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

Radical posted:

the dragon seems quite strong if you put in the time on him, illaoi is just kinda awful all around so people stopped playing her pretty quickly. i dont know why no one plays the dragon, probably because he isn't really lane dominant and seems pretty boring.

He got a nerf, and people immediately stop playing nerfed champions (regardless of what the nerfs actually did to the champion's viability), unless they are amazingly popular (e.g. Zed, Vayne, Lee).

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
stay safe little sparrow

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I found it!

the most hilarious jhin ult

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Ah I guess I hadn't been to the main page of that site in a long time. It looks a lot different than I remember. The data they have on breakdowns looks really good as well. I'll definitely use it more.

Firebert posted:

I've seen the pictures of her being surrounded by like 5 or 6 seeds at any given time. Even with diminishing returns, her already absurd damage output (and secret skillshot blocking ability) will be even better .

Yeah I think it's going to be madness unless she's tuned low. I'm definitely going to play her more after the rework and find out.

I would need a considerable amount of money to motivate me to read through what looks like about ten solid pages of MOBA lore.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Libertine posted:

I would need a considerable amount of money to motivate me to read through what looks like about ten solid pages of MOBA lore.

Yeah I started to scroll down the page, and then saw that it kept scrolling so I closed the page lol

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Zyra is already good, her poke is just inconsistent because of the plant AI and also her passive is trashssive

Her passive is meh for a solo laner, but her plants are just loving frustrating. Nothing like rooting a champ with two melee plants next to him, only to have them striking minions instead. Plus they die waaay too easily, it feels like their HP doesn't scale at all and I can't find a tooltip that clearly indicates their HP or defenses

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
On the other hand, the damage they do is retardedly high

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I wish it was consistent, predictable damage, like Yorrick's ghosts, but I can't argue that they do quite a lot when they get going

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

if you get in range to right click theyre guaranteed to prioritize your right click target for like 3 seconds but lol if youre ever in range to right click

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The plants duration being halved is gonna hurt a bit.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Sounds like she's gonna be some sort of geomancer. Also excited to read the word "sling", because that's a cool ranged weapon that's not yet represented on League.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

a medical mystery posted:

if you get in range to right click they consider looking at your right click target for like 3 seconds but lol if youre ever in range to right click

Plus, if you're in range for Zyra to AA her enemies, you usually have much bigger problems than what your plants are targeting, like the very finite time on her root.
I hope they upgrade her seeds to slow like Mao or Jihn, so she has a defensive use for them. Or at least increase their duration so that she can realistically use them as vision traps

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The plant ranges are going to 750 and 400 though, which is crazy.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Nice, we're getting Yasuo 2, so now 2 people on your team can be Yasuo

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the new champ is earth element instead of wind, so i guess this is just malphite 2.0

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

NTT posted:

I found it!

the most hilarious jhin ult

loving lol

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Why does Blitzcrank exist and why can you still win games even if you are god awful at him?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

The Door Frame posted:

Illoai supp is essentially the same as Vel supp in my mind. She's who you pick if you aren't confident in your ADC and want to make sure whatever is in bottom lane dies, even if it costs your ADC a lot of missed kills. Illoai is horribly outclassed by Taric, Braum, Blitz, Leona, Nami, Janna and Raka, but against a weaker, heal-less supp like Thresh, Zyra, or Lux, she's a legitimate threat and real lane bully.

I don't know if that will last with the changes to her E, but she "works" as a supp as long as you only build Eye of the Equinox and zz for support items, then build her normal bruiser kit
Um, no not even close. Vel'Koz has a lot of poke and reasonable CC to follow-up on, can deal pretty good damage at most points of a game. Illaoi is a burst Juggernaut that has an annoying mechanic to lane against and does nothing without items.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Plasma Fission (Q)
Now refunds 50% of the mana cost per unit killed.
Target indicator now visible only for Vel'Koz

Maybe I missed this, but it's quite the buff.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

Um, no not even close. Vel'Koz has a lot of poke and reasonable CC to follow-up on, can deal pretty good damage at most points of a game. Illaoi is a burst Juggernaut that has an annoying mechanic to lane against and does nothing without items.

Both lvl 6 Illoai and Vel can singlehandedly kill enemy ADC, supp, and a ganker with limited help from their own ADC if pressed. They can both, if not win, at least hold, solo bot if need be. In my mind, you would pick them for the same reason, so they get lumped together regardless of their respective strengths or abilities. I think this is where the confusion of my "Illoai is basically the same support as Vel" statement is coming from.

I would also lump Morg, Ziggs, Lux, Annie, Morde, Trundle, Quinn, and Aniva in that same category of "laning partner who will kind of support the ADC, but is really there to do what the ADC can't." Blitz, Sona, and some other hard supps could feasibly fall in that category too, but they are built for supporting instead of being solo laners who can thrive early-mid game on the razor thin margins of a support budget, and then build out from that early lead

I could be wrong in my weird, meta-classifications of supports, but I'm well aware that Illoai has different strengths and abilities from Vel-Koz. I'm not great by any stretch of the imagination, but I am definitely not that bad at this game

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Bholder posted:

Why does Blitzcrank exist and why can you still win games even if you are god awful at him?

Blitzcrank exists because he has an ultimate-level ability on his Q and you can win games on him if you can land Q occasionally. Being good at Blitz, honestly, is less about how well you aim and more about learning when to try hooks and when not to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Illaoi sucks as a support for a lot of reasons, but the comparison to Vel'Koz is exceptionally bad because she can't do anything to threaten you or your support. She can't zone the enemy ADC in any meaningful way and she can't buy her ADC any room. If I play a lane against an Illaoi support, to me that's a free lane.

• Locked thread