Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Is there a turning point for Stranger in Sword City where it becomes more forgiving? Still doing the tutorial quests, and I started doing some ambush stuff because my party keeps getting rocked by those pixie things and I figured more equipment might help

It might also just be that old-school wizardry stuff just isn't for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Saoshyant posted:

So, this is how the second Vita thread goes down.

Not with a bang but an ehhhhhhhhhhhh

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Junpei Hyde posted:

Oh, so you can't enjoy looking at a darker skinned character? Why is that?
Because "Springtime for Hitler" is the anthem ringing within the heart that is tucked behind my character's ample bosom.

Got a $50 Gamestop gift card for my birthday. Might grab DT2. Not sure yet.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Has anybody played Severed? It looks cool and I didn't know the Guacamelee people made a new game!!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

In Training posted:

Has anybody played Severed? It looks cool and I didn't know the Guacamelee people made a new game!!

Oh poo poo, that's out? I'll grab it tonight, then.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Erg posted:

Is there a turning point for Stranger in Sword City where it becomes more forgiving? Still doing the tutorial quests, and I started doing some ambush stuff because my party keeps getting rocked by those pixie things and I figured more equipment might help

It might also just be that old-school wizardry stuff just isn't for me

Avoid fighting pixies at the start (especially if you have leather armor on) since they shoot fire bolts that hurt like hell. The gear isn't going to help you deal with them, large pixie packs I just ran from.

I grinded to like 4-ish before finishing the tutorial and felt a bit overleveled for a while. Stuff could still kill me if I got lazy but it felt like it eased up a bit. You might want to restart and make your casters archers at first THEN casters since they don't really need to multiclass as much (unless you're doing something weird or an insane completionist they only really need to class change to the other spell caster) and having two extra people shooting monsters without using resources is pretty nice.

You might want to look at your party to ease things up a bit too. Samurai are pretty good early on with quick access to dual wield and slash (can switch to something else at 13 if you want, it's a good stopping point for them), I found dancers to be pretty middling (they make a better multiclass compliment especially since at 14 you get the 4 hit concentration move) and Rangers can see HP which is good to have.

Stanos fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Apr 28, 2016

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Mithaldu posted:

Who are #3 and #6? The others i recognize and happily played as.

As for games, a healthy mix of all the things is great.

No idea who 3 is, but 6 is the female playable character in Pokemon Platinum.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

In Training posted:

Update: bought Severed and played it for two and a bit hours, which was long enough to clear the first (of three, from the looks of it; my map completion is ~33%) dungeons.

Pros: it's loving gorgeous, has a really strong theme that makes it feel like a window into some hosed up afterlife, and is fun to play if you're okay with having to swipe the touchscreen a lot.

Cons: my Vita screen is one big smudge and my hands are killing me. The dungeon environments can get a little samey, even if there are some nice vistas here and there. So far, the gameplay is a little repetitive and fairly shallow. There's no manual saving and it seems to only save on area transition, and each dungeon is a single area, so you need to either be able to focus on the game and clear a dungeon in one go or use standby mode but it does autosave frequently.

All in all I'd say it's definitely worth it for £12 on aesthetics alone, plus it's a fun game and I want drinkbox to keep on making games.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Apr 29, 2016

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Lemon-Lime posted:

There's no manual saving and it seems to only save on area transition, and each dungeon is a single area, so you need to either be able to focus on the game and clear a dungeon in one go or use standby mode.

Severed has autosaves all over the place--any time you see that spinny eye in the bottom right--but I wish there was a manual save too.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

http://gematsu.com/2016/04/caligula-over-500-potential-party-members

Goddamit FuRyu, stop making me buy your games no matter how bad they turn out to be. I just can't say no to a game where you can recruit tons of characters that are probably useless because they're not the main characters.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Really Pants posted:

Severed has autosaves all over the place--any time you see that spinny eye in the bottom right--but I wish there was a manual save too.

Weirdly, if I go to quit at any point it tells me it it will lose progress made "in this level," so I don't know.

e; just tested and yeah, okay, the quit message is just completely wrong. It does keep your progress when it autosaves. Thanks!

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Apr 28, 2016

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Whoever came up with Project Diva X's challenge mechanics needs a medal. They've got the usual ones, micronotes and super fast notes and drunk notes, but then the one that really surprised me had a completely unchanged note track, but the performance marks (GOOD, GREAT, SAFE etc) were totally randomized. It's hilarious and hugely psychological. I tripped up more due to seeing 'WORST' at the start of a big chain of notes than I ever had in the other modes.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That's a cool idea, I like that a lot. One thing that's weird in these games is the faster note challenges make it easier for me to get full combos for some reason (especially in Persona 4 Dancing All Night where I just have it on by default) There's one challenge booster thing in DAN I don't think I've seen before where they just removed all the notes so you have to have the whole song memorised somehow

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Generally speaking I think that's because if you're following the notes you've got to hit them that more accurately. Alternatively, Diva games really punish being early, but are really lenient when you're late, so the challenge is making you hit notes just that little bit later.

Full hidden notes kind of suck and I don't think Diva's ever done them, if only because they can have 600+ notes in a song? Can't remember.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Stelas posted:

Generally speaking I think that's because if you're following the notes you've got to hit them that more accurately. Alternatively, Diva games really punish being early, but are really lenient when you're late, so the challenge is making you hit notes just that little bit later.

Full hidden notes kind of suck and I don't think Diva's ever done them, if only because they can have 600+ notes in a song? Can't remember.

That would make sense. The Giga-p medley has around 912 notes on extreme and I would not want to memorize them all.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

That's a cool idea, I like that a lot. One thing that's weird in these games is the faster note challenges make it easier for me to get full combos for some reason (especially in Persona 4 Dancing All Night where I just have it on by default) There's one challenge booster thing in DAN I don't think I've seen before where they just removed all the notes so you have to have the whole song memorised somehow

i did this one to get the unlock or whatever and just pulled up the song on youtube on my phone and put the phone over my vita screen haha

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010
My cheap way of grinding out money in DAN and getting that trophy was using a combination of the extra money, invisible notes, good doesn't break combo, and any button press works items. Then I picked the easiest song at a medium difficulty and went to town just pressing down and x together to the beat of the song. I think I was averaging like 100k a song haha.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Rose and the castle of Twilight seems to be neat. It's pretty slow all around but it looks better than Firefly Diary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOnJ1qdeJeE

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Where is the most reliable place to get a 64GB memory card from?

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
For those with JP accounts and somehow don't have puyo puyo tetris, it's ~3200 yen this week.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Where is the most reliable place to get a 64GB memory card from?

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/PCH-Z641J

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
When it was coming out and I first got word of it I really thought Puyo Puyo Tetris was going to be something like Tetris blocks with Puyo mechanics, or Puyo blobs with Tetris mechanics, but apparently not.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hmm, can I rephrase that to 'cheapest'? :v:

sayonara chainsaw
Sep 27, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Hmm, can I rephrase that to 'cheapest'? :v:

http://www.superufo.com/products/psvita/PS_VITA_PSVITA___Memory_Card_64GB_Japan_Version.html

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

"Cheapest" and "Vita memory card" do not go together under any circumstance. If anything the cards will go pricier when the system is finally removed from whatever retailers that still carry it.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
If you're willing to do extra work, you might be able to find a used Vita that comes with one and then resell the Vita (and I guess your old memory card if you've got one). When I was shopping around for my Vita, I saw a bundle on eBay with the system, a 64GB card, a carrying case, and two games for $190 BIN. Granted, it does require extra initial capital, and you do have to go through the trouble of posting on SA Mart/Craigslist/etc. to sell the surplus components.

Or maybe you could get lucky with a Craigslist search.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

There's a Miku Diva X trailer and it has subs, subs are back

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

subs never left

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

subs never left

i consider mirai the same series man

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

does this mean they dubbed miku

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

MisterAlex posted:

If you're willing to do extra work, you might be able to find a used Vita that comes with one and then resell the Vita (and I guess your old memory card if you've got one). When I was shopping around for my Vita, I saw a bundle on eBay with the system, a 64GB card, a carrying case, and two games for $190 BIN. Granted, it does require extra initial capital, and you do have to go through the trouble of posting on SA Mart/Craigslist/etc. to sell the surplus components.

Or maybe you could get lucky with a Craigslist search.

eh :effort: it'd be easier to just save your pennies and buy $81 than have to deal with 1000+ other vita/game sellers. Also I'm a fan of the online save storage but sadly it'll go away after my PS+ trial ends. Is there a wireless way to transfer saves to my PC too? I just find the CMS to be clunky on the best of days.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Alder posted:

I just find the CMS to be clunky on the best of days.
If you mean the Content Manager Assistant program, I've never had any trouble with using it to transfer/backup/restore data, both wired and wirelessly.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkiqmwA4owY

Here was the Mikus

sayonara chainsaw
Sep 27, 2013
Hopefully they make enough preorder/launch day pouches.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ps4 better have a collectors edition with life size figure

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Davincie posted:

does this mean they dubbed miku

Miku has an English version, yes.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

No...no!

Princey
Mar 22, 2013
Tell me what games I should get. My interests are anime and lesbians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Princey posted:

Tell me what games I should get. My interests are anime and lesbians.

Friend, are you aware that Gust made a game specifically for you? It's called Nights of Azure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6mHNCzrxJ0