Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Just a thought.. Red Eye Cube. Not sure what it would do but that would be really interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Since when do monsters attack red orb invaders?
Got almost killed by loving silver knights in an invasion today...

Seed of a Giant Tree is a consumable item that makes enemies hostile to invaders. The host used one when you invaded.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Harrow posted:

I'd also like a "classic" invader covenant. Your Red Eye Orb prioritizes hosts who don't have any phantoms. When you invade, the host can't summon phantoms except for a bluecop (so that Way of Blue still has some meaning). In return for ensuring you're going to invade a host who's solo at least for a while, you don't get to use Estus as a phantom. Basically classic Dark Souls 1 invasion rules.

this is 100% what rosaria's fingers needs to do when you use the REO. it would make it meaningfully different from mound makers and wolfbros and Aldrich and it would make pvp much more intense for both host and invader.

also I really want the cosmetic improvements to your invasion aura from DS2 to come back. I've maxed out both mound makers and Rosaria and I want to be bright loving neon purple or red when i invade now goddamnit.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
Rats were fun as hell for the first couple weeks of DS2 but the gimmick didn't really have legs.

I would kill for a properly functional gravelord servant re-implementation though.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

let me invade with a bro if we're both using the same password

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Giant Isopod posted:

Rats were fun as hell for the first couple weeks of DS2 but the gimmick didn't really have legs.

I would kill for a properly functional gravelord servant re-implementation though.

Yeah, I think the best way to make it work would be to have the ratbro invade a host and not summon the host into their world. Then the ratbro, as a gray phantom with innate Obscuring Ring or something, runs around releasing monsters and activating traps. The ratbro can't actually harm a host himself--weapons just pass right through or something--so he has to hide and use tricks to beat the host. It'd be the only area in the game where you can be invaded without being embered.

If you're offline when you go through that area you get invaded by an NPC ratbro instead. It's like the Old Monk fight but for a zone instead of a boss fight. There are no automatic traps or enemies in the area, they're all activated by the invader, and sometimes that invader is a player.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

net cafe scandal posted:

Oh, what's that you say.. you dont have the Pale Shade set... *admires nails*

sorry i'm going for the good ending and haven't done NG+ yet i guess

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Im loving dying to finish Sirris quest so I can get that obscuring ring it looks incredible.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Harrow posted:

No hits at all, usually.

Some people (like me) get summoned fairly frequently, but it seems like most people just wear the auto-summon covenant for hours and never even get a "failed" message, just nothing at all.
Hmm. Thanks. Wonder why I'm getting so many connection failures then.

Also, is there any way I can get the Crystal Sage hat without the...hat? I want to Plague Doctor mask its got going on.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

For people going into NG+, about what level are you? I wanna do NG+ but I don't wanna not PvP. Got three characters at the end game at various levels and it feels like the lvl 80 dude gets the most hits for invasions and Aldrich invasions.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Deckit posted:

For people going into NG+, about what level are you? I wanna do NG+ but I don't wanna not PvP. Got three characters at the end game at various levels and it feels like the lvl 80 dude gets the most hits for invasions and Aldrich invasions.

That's around the range most people finish. I finished around 85 I think? Everyone is still hovering around there since there's no community accepted meta level yet as far as I know.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

Just a thought.. Red Eye Cube. Not sure what it would do but that would be really interesting.
how about a brown eye orb lmao. classic

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Really since you can always respec it's mostly down to your weapon upgrade level, since even if you delete that item from the game by selling it or destroying it or whatever, it still counts against that character.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

Im loving dying to finish Sirris quest so I can get that obscuring ring it looks incredible.

you get it by donating tongues to rosaria

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
oh, nvm. i see.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Babe Magnet posted:

Really since you can always respec it's mostly down to your weapon upgrade level, since even if you delete that item from the game by selling it or destroying it or whatever, it still counts against that character.

Wait, can you down-level yourself through the respec menu?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

you get it by donating tongues to rosaria

same but with the brown-eye orb

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Wait, can you down-level yourself through the respec menu?

can you not? oh poo poo, you always have to be the same level?

I just assumed you could. I haven't tried yet

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Babe Magnet posted:

can you not? oh poo poo, you always have to be the same level?

I just assumed you could. I haven't tried yet

Nope, you gotta stay at whatever SL you are. Levels are permanent and respecs can only rearrange your stats. This + weapon level matching tiers makes it so you can't just blitz to the end, grab all your overpowered poo poo, and delevel and troll around early game zones with your theoretical +10 weapon.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Dang.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

Harrow posted:

DS2 had some good ideas but I just can't make myself like it.

Lords of the Fallen had some good ideas too. Evaporating bloodstains and special conditions for drops are the only two I remember but I think there were more.

Sucked real bad though.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Hamburger Test posted:

Do you actually have 1.06 yet?

When I left for work today my game was on 1.04 / 1.06. I thought it was odd because I didn't see any new patch notes (still referencing april 18th). I dunno what the gently caress was going on, but when I got back on today there were actual notes.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

Lords of the Fallen had some good ideas too. Evaporating bloodstains and special conditions for drops are the only two I remember but I think there were more.

Sucked real bad though.

Lords of the Fallen did the whole connected world thing pretty well, which just goes to show how little the connected world level design matters when the levels are uninspired poo poo.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Okay someone explain this luck bleed thing for me I have 25 luck and anri's sword and I put the carthus rouge on it and sometimes the boss takes triple damage from a swing but mostly you can't swing away at bosses, they punish the poo poo out of that. So I got dex and enough strength to 2 hand a hollow washing pole and I don't see the bonus damage on people, ever. Do I still have to put carthus rouge on it? Is 25 luck not enough for results?

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Babe Magnet posted:

same but with the brown-eye orb

use the brown eye orb to invade but holes

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

try longfinger, then attacking more than one at once

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

argondamn posted:

When I left for work today my game was on 1.04 / 1.06. I thought it was odd because I didn't see any new patch notes (still referencing april 18th). I dunno what the gently caress was going on, but when I got back on today there were actual notes.

What platform? Steam is still 1.04/1.05 for everyone.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Ran into my very first hacker using trainers to take no damage.

He was loving stupid enough to follow me and the red phantom to an edge where we proceeded to stunlock him till he fell off and died.

:byewhore:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Giant Isopod posted:

Lords of the Fallen did the whole connected world thing pretty well, which just goes to show how little the connected world level design matters when the levels are uninspired poo poo.

This games world isn't that great, hey look its dark soul 1 rehashed with nothing interesting added. Oh yea your town is from demon's souls and the bridge to the last boss is too!

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Wait, I'm looking at the patch notes, was knightslayer Tsorig's 'meme gesture' every time he killed you unintentional?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
This is a good game

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Hamburger Test posted:

What platform? Steam is still 1.04/1.05 for everyone.

PS4.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tenzarin posted:

This games world isn't that great, hey look its dark soul 1 rehashed with nothing interesting added. Oh yea your town is from demon's souls and the bridge to the last boss is too!

:laffo:

Calaveron posted:

This is a good game

:yeah:

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Xenolalia posted:

Wait, I'm looking at the patch notes, was knightslayer Tsorig's 'meme gesture' every time he killed you unintentional?
Apparently if he killed you he would continually make the gesture, which is normally fine because he's killed you. The edge case they've corrected for is that using Tears of Denial beforehand still would trigger your "death" (and instant respawn at low health) causing Tsorig to unintentionally loop the gesture even while you stabbed his rear end.

So far as exploits go it's marginal, but correcting it is pretty trivial.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Tenzarin posted:

Better than loving EA Souls Lords of the Fallen or whatever the gently caress.

At least it was made by breathing human beings instead of some marketing algorithm.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Tenzarin posted:

nah

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
So how badly were the gotthard twin swords and great chaos fire orb nerfed? Are they still usable?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

So how badly were the gotthard twin swords and great chaos fire orb nerfed? Are they still usable?

Vestiges most likely still does more damage than great chaos orb. Its like they have no idea what to change.

Not a Twat
Oct 11, 2010

Oops you almost got away without your Diddy

Xenolalia posted:

When I first got to that area, I didn't see Tsorig until the black knight knocked me off the bridge and into the lava, and I saw this:

I just assumed he was thanking the knight above him...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I'm kind of dissapointed in the NPC invaders are DS2's DLC stuff. They had personality and silly little gimmicks, rather than just bags of hitpoints.