Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Scyantific posted:

Goddammit, Carter's coming back in the next episode

I will only accept this if it's a Bender's Game type scene with every single Carter throughout history in one room, the fabric of spacetime starts breaking down and then the ghost of Gardner Fox reaches through the breach and plucks them all from of existence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Cater was the glue that held this team together. Finally they will be able to defeat pretty good at throwing knives man.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Scyantific posted:

everyone out of the pool

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I've avoided Arrow because I'm not that into Batman, and they seem to really want to do Batman.

I thought the same thing but then Arrow started murdering people and I thought it was cool he wasn't a bitch like Batman.

Then he stopped killing people and the show got worse.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

greatn posted:

Cater was the glue that held this team together. Finally they will be able to defeat pretty good at throwing knives man.

He does make a mean Tuna Surprise.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

nooneofconsequence posted:

I thought the same thing but then Arrow started murdering people and I thought it was cool he wasn't a bitch like Batman.

This, pretty much. The pussification of Arrow (both in the sense that he stopped killing, and in the sense that he started dating Felicity) is what ruined the show.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

enraged_camel posted:

both in the sense that he stopped killing, and in the sense that he started dating Felicity

But there was that one time when he broke his no killing rule

to save Felicity. :eng99:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Nah, I still like Ray and Sara and the Professor dude. Just wish they were in a better story.
Ray and Stein are boring as hell. Snart and Rory are pretty decent most of the time, and Sara has her moments, but most of the cast are dead weight most of the time.

Hatrocious posted:

The only two female main characters gossip about getting engaged to a man, then spend the very next scene cooing over a baby.
Yeah, that was just terrible.

nooneofconsequence posted:

Yeah, and that whole thing with the list of corrupt politicians and evil businessmen or whatever was cool too. It was pretty neat that he was a super hero who went around murdering people for "failing the city". He can 't even use that line any more because he just fights ridiculous supervillains. With non-lethal arrows and bullets. :rolleyes:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Ray is fun because he's such an unbelievable dork. Brandon Routh is a good comic actor and it plays to his strengths.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Sara, Ray, Snart, and Mick, are probably the most redeemable characters of the team. Ray because he's the lovable dork, Mick and Snart because they're the give-no-fucks anti-heroes and Sara because she's also a give-no-fucks anti-hero, but more heroic. Also Sara and Snart get all the good quips.

Both components of Firestorm are kinda meh, but one is generally useful as a smart person or by subverting the expectation of what he's supposed to do because he's old. Hawkgirl and Rip are basically only essential because the plot demands it. Otherwise, they're dead weight in terms of entertainment.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Hawkgirl has been pretty awful lately with all the relationship drama. Carter this, Carter that, jesus loving christ shut up already.

I hope they dump her next season, assuming there will be one.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

enraged_camel posted:

Its already been renewed

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

enraged_camel posted:

Hawkgirl has been pretty awful lately with all the relationship drama. Carter this, Carter that, jesus loving christ shut up already.

The original plans were to have a new cast so I'd imagine she won't show up again unless there's a significant amount of fan demand for her return.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I totally see the show ending with Kendra dying and then it showing her and Carter together, and present it as a romantic storyline.

As was said, JL/U had the best handling of hawkgirl. When Carter comes calling she's all "Wtf creep" and Batman backs her up. If Batman is calling you a creep, you know you are one.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Tiggum posted:

Ray and Stein are boring as hell. Snart and Rory are pretty decent most of the time, and Sara has her moments, but most of the cast are dead weight most of the time.

Yeah, that was just terrible.

Yeah, and that whole thing with the list of corrupt politicians and evil businessmen or whatever was cool too. It was pretty neat that he was a super hero who went around murdering people for "failing the city". He can 't even use that line any more because he just fights ridiculous supervillains. With non-lethal arrows and bullets. :rolleyes:

Yeah, the list was a cool hook. And then he just ditches it to... fight street crime? I can't remember. It's not like all those horrible people just disappeared.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Scyantific posted:

gently caress this show!

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Can't wait for the objectively worst thing about this trainwreck of a show to come back. :dance:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
The plot of this show is the objectively worst thing about it.

To clarify: Vandal Savage

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

BrianWilly posted:

The plot of this show is the objectively worst thing about it.

Carter embodies this more than Savage, because he is all plot and zero characterization. He exists to remind us of Savage, and to provide exposition.

Even Savage is characterized. To the extent that "Eurotrash extra from Taken" is characterization. He has subjective emotions, if you count being smug and yelling sometimes. Carter is pretty much a statue who does plot.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Maybe this means we get to see Savage shank him again

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
Carter is not the worst part of this show. Kendra and Ray getting married is the worst part of this show. I cannot imagine why the writers thought that was a good idea. There is no chemistry whatsoever and it's unbelievably shoehorned in.

Episode wasn't nearly as fun as the last one, but it still has its moments. I'm genuinely curious, though, how they'll make the final battle, with a fireball-man, supersuited genius and flying hawkcouple, even remotely even against a man who can throw knives kinda well. There's no way the last episode isn't bad.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sir Potato posted:

Carter is not the worst part of this show. Kendra and Ray getting married is the worst part of this show. I cannot imagine why the writers thought that was a good idea. There is no chemistry whatsoever and it's unbelievably shoehorned in.

Because you gotta give the ladies something, and what do ladies love? Weddings! - how TV writers think.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Vandal Savage at least had that scene where he brought Tuna Surprise.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Sir Potato posted:

Episode wasn't nearly as fun as the last one, but it still has its moments. I'm genuinely curious, though, how they'll make the final battle, with a fireball-man, supersuited genius and flying hawkcouple, even remotely even against a man who can throw knives kinda well. There's no way the last episode isn't bad.

Giant robots. Still waiting for them.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Because you gotta give the ladies something, and what do ladies love? Weddings! - how TV writers think.

weddings. and babies.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Krad posted:

Giant robots. Still waiting for them.

Preview stuff: Judging by the preview for the next episode, we're getting some sort of gigantic, green glowing robot reference to Atomic Skull.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Zebulon posted:

Preview stuff: Judging by the preview for the next episode, we're getting some sort of gigantic, green glowing robot reference to Atomic Skull.

Huh, that's... better than what I expected.

It's hilarious comparing the first promo we got with how the show actually is. They're basically two completely different things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26B53jxIixE

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Krad posted:

It's hilarious comparing the first promo we got with how the show actually is. They're basically two completely different things.

So, when is THIS show coming out?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Krad posted:

I like how lazy it looks when Ray uses his wrist laser at the end.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The uploader has apparently not made that video available in my country.......

.....The United States of America.

Good job, uploader.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Krad posted:

:stare:, I had forgotten about this.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Gonz posted:

The uploader has apparently not made that video available in my country.......

.....The United States of America.

Good job, uploader.

Try living in a good country :smug:

*tries to watch any video with music in it*
*is blocked*

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Apparently they couldn't find any actresses who could do a British accent.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

That is definitely a big rear end green nuclear robot.

Edit: And we just got a big rear end Ray to fight that big rear end green nuclear robot.

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Apr 29, 2016

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Man, they're really cheaping out on Pacific Rim 2...

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
NO NO NO BASH VANDAL YOU DUMBASS

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Punched the head clean off that poor robbit.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Once again the Hawk people are just the worst.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Kammat posted:

NO NO NO BASH VANDAL YOU DUMBASS

Seriously. The fate of what's left of the world versus your super creepy eternal gently caress buddy.

How does Savage regenerate when he's offed by nonkendra people anyways? Does he just show up where he croaked or is he coming back from his ashes? You have a loving spaceship/timeship Rip. Dump him into the sun.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Apr 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Seriously. The fate of what's left of the world versus your super creepy eternal gently caress buddy.

Her creepy eternal gently caress buddy that will have another life eventually where he can remember you and you can be happy or whatever.

I knew that goddamn horseshit was coming and it still didn't stop me from yelling "Oh gently caress YOU" at the TV when it happened.

This show is so loving stupid.

• Locked thread