Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atomikus
Jun 4, 2010

Muncie? Muncie! MUNCIE!
You complain about the lack of miniguns on the helicopter's door in GZ but that helicopter, an HP-48 Krokodil (which is a fictitious mix between a Mi-24 Hind and a Mi-28 Havoc), has a 30mm autocannon under its nose which kind of outclasses the 7.62mm minigun that the UTH-66 Blackfoot (not at all an UH-60 Black Hawk). That, and fact that the Hind is also a lot heavier armoured than a Black Hawk, makes me unreasonably mad that they made that change, especially since BB uses the helicopter as both a transport helicopter and as an attack helicopter; the Hind is much better suited for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

:eng101: The moai heads are an extended reference to Gradius, a classic shooty ship series made by Konami in which moai heads appeared as enemies.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Tactical Espionage Operations

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
I haven't kept up with this thread well since it started, but was MGS4 left out? I don't see it in the OP anywhere.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Merauder posted:

I haven't kept up with this thread well since it started, but was MGS4 left out? I don't see it in the OP anywhere.

We decided MGSV fit better since it's a direct sequel to Peace Walker. Also I wanna play V :v:

MGS4 will likely be the last game of the thread, I feel it fits that the thread ends with everything we've done returning to Zero.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
:downs:

So obvious once you say that. Keep up the good work!

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
"Dan likes to do things the 100% way."
"We could go get the other tape and get a couple bonus points, but I don't want to."
Way to keep your stories straight!

The Camp Omega really does look different with the rain & cover of night. Shame they didn't remix the layout somewhat VR Missions/Substance style for some of the extra missions though. Big Boss / Not-Big Boss is crazy fit for their age, what with being able to run full sprint along a cliff with dudes over their back.

Also the timer compilation video would purely be to your benefit as it would in theory beat into your head to always start the timer. In theory.

Danaru posted:

Camp Omega is 'tiny' for a single game I mean :v: Marking WAS in Peace Walker, but it was such a pain to do that we never bothered. It's also not as useful since the maps are a lot tinier than in GZ and PP.
Oh it was a feature in the whole? These following games really are PW 2.0!

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

pick-e posted:

Oh it was a feature in the whole? These following games really are PW 2.0!

Actually, Peace Walker is Portable Ops 2.0 (Although Portable Ops had a 1.5 in Portable Ops Plus). I kind of want to see Dan handle Portable Ops blind but I can't imagine how he'd record it, plus it's a pain in the rear end to play after being used to the other games. Portable Ops has a batshit plot on par with Ghost Babel though, so it may in fact be worth it.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Unknown Quantity posted:

Actually, Peace Walker is Portable Ops 2.0 (Although Portable Ops had a 1.5 in Portable Ops Plus). I kind of want to see Dan handle Portable Ops blind but I can't imagine how he'd record it, plus it's a pain in the rear end to play after being used to the other games. Portable Ops has a batshit plot on par with Ghost Babel though, so it may in fact be worth it.

I actually already have PSP emulation set up fairly well because I wanted to start Acid a while back, POOPS+ shouldn't be too hard to emulate as a result. If the controls are similar to PSP Peace Walker it shouldn't be an issue, I'm relatively used to those controls

It all comes down to me actually having the opportunity to do stuff :froggonk:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Danaru posted:

MGS4 will likely be the last game of the thread, I feel it fits that the thread ends with everything we've done returning to Zero.

You should then do Revengeance in a new thread :v:

...What was the revengeance in Revengeance? Revengeance against Sam? Against Sears' successor Sundowner/Armstrong??

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

SSNeoman posted:

You should then do Revengeance in a new thread :v:

Not bloody likely, when we said the whole drat series we meant the whole drat series :colbert:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Technically, Metal Gear Rising isn't part of the Metal Gear Solid series. :v:

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Danaru posted:

If the controls are similar to PSP Peace Walker it shouldn't be an issue, I'm relatively used to those controls

Better start practicing.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Danaru posted:

Not bloody likely, when we said the whole drat series we meant the whole drat series :colbert:

Then you should do IV before Revengeance. Because Revengeance is the perfect end. :getin:

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Will you be doing any Metal Gear Online?

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

Danaru posted:

I actually already have PSP emulation set up fairly well because I wanted to start Acid a while back, POOPS+ shouldn't be too hard to emulate as a result. If the controls are similar to PSP Peace Walker it shouldn't be an issue, I'm relatively used to those controls

It all comes down to me actually having the opportunity to do stuff :froggonk:

POPS+ has none of the plot of POPS. That said, the main issue with the controls in POPS is that it, uh, gave you 4 slots to hold weapons and 4 slots for items. Additional ammo past your first clip is an item slot. Also there's no Fultons yet so you have to manually drag everyone one at a time to either the start of the map or to specific points of the map. It's...really annoying. But it also has better bosses than Peace Walker, I'd say.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Pyroi posted:

Will you be doing any Metal Gear Online?

Most likely, yeah, but I will likely be garbage at it.

Unknown Quantity posted:

POPS+ has none of the plot of POPS. That said, the main issue with the controls in POPS is that it, uh, gave you 4 slots to hold weapons and 4 slots for items. Additional ammo past your first clip is an item slot. Also there's no Fultons yet so you have to manually drag everyone one at a time to either the start of the map or to specific points of the map. It's...really annoying. But it also has better bosses than Peace Walker, I'd say.

Wait, so is POOPS+ not just the same game with additional stuff? I totally thought it was basically an expansion

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

Danaru posted:

Most likely, yeah, but I will likely be garbage at it.

Wait, so is POOPS+ not just the same game with additional stuff? I totally thought it was basically an expansion

Portable Ops + has more soldier types, unique characters, and additional multiplayer content, but it has none of the plot stuff. It has the boss battles in the form of an unlockable Boss Rush, but if you want the actual plot of the game you get Portable Ops. There's an option to transfer your Portable Ops units to Portable Ops Plus since Plus was basically meant to be a means to extend the lifespan of the last remaining multiplayer platform for the year gap between MGS3's servers going down and MGS4's servers going up.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Unknown Quantity posted:

Portable Ops + has more soldier types, unique characters, and additional multiplayer content, but it has none of the plot stuff. It has the boss battles in the form of an unlockable Boss Rush, but if you want the actual plot of the game you get Portable Ops. There's an option to transfer your Portable Ops units to Portable Ops Plus since Plus was basically meant to be a means to extend the lifespan of the last remaining multiplayer platform for the year gap between MGS3's servers going down and MGS4's servers going up.

Balls, well we should be able to start a poops playthrough then import it later.

Grace and I want to do EVERY Metal Gear game if y'all can't tell :v: I haven't gotten around to bugging the mods to change the thread title

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

So are you going to do MG1 and 2?

How about Snake's Revenge?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Grace should join in. One drink every time Dan says "Listen..."

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Nominating a Grace drinking condition of "drink every time Reflex Mode ends with neither an alert nor a kill." Because I have the distinct feeling Dan won't have the patience to use the dart or thrown magazines every single time his sprinting gets him spotted. And so there's this dichotomy of Dan drinking for arbitrary dumb behavior and Grace drinking for unlikely displays of skill.

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

C'MON SOMETHING AWFUL LETS GET SICK'NIIIIIING
the thread is betraying me

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Unknown Quantity posted:

Nominating a Grace drinking condition of "drink every time Reflex Mode ends with neither an alert nor a kill." Because I have the distinct feeling Dan won't have the patience to use the dart or thrown magazines every single time his sprinting gets him spotted. And so there's this dichotomy of Dan drinking for arbitrary dumb behavior and Grace drinking for unlikely displays of skill.

I am seconding this.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Oooh, I like that. Follow it up with a Grace-drink for every S rank.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Yes it's time for Liquid Grace to emerge.
Either way, I'm looking forward to Phantom Pain.

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

C'MON SOMETHING AWFUL LETS GET SICK'NIIIIIING

[img]http://lpix.org/2431827/metal_gear_solid_ground_zeroes_logo[1].png[/img]

Let's Play MGSV Ground Zeroes Episode 3 - Thread Canon

Hello, I'm too lazy to log in to my own account, so I'm posting from Grace's since we're using his laptop.

I uh, forgot to upload the next two episodes before leaving Canada, so it'll be a while until I get those done. We may have something planned in the meantime though :v:

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Drunkcam of Liquid Dan

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I woulda thought that when the engine bugged out you'd have to find some stupid vial to inject into your neck :v:

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015

Grace posted:

the thread is betraying me

Turnabout is fair play.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I found Elbakki! :v:

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
The evolving missions in GZ so far are all pretty interesting, moreso than most of the rather static ones in PW. Also what's the thread canon as to why Big Boss can now slow down time?

SSNeoman posted:

I woulda thought that when the engine bugged out you'd have to find some stupid vial to inject into your neck :v:
Can't have that. When the time comes to turn the wanking up to ten, games are only ever allowed to call back to the first one in their series. :(

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

pick-e posted:

The evolving missions in GZ so far are all pretty interesting, moreso than most of the rather static ones in PW. Also what's the thread canon as to why Big Boss can now slow down time?

Nanomachines

oh wait, this is Big Boss, not Solid Snake.

Vocal-Cord Parasites

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mother Base invented 5-Hour Energy.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's a pure-gameplay abstraction to allow the player to be the badass soldier that Big Boss is supposed to be cause it would be kind of incongruous if after decades in the field he can't point a gun at some random poo poo and shoot them before they raise the alert.

Sorry.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Solid Snake knew CQC the whole time but he didn't use it because Big Boss is dumb, but then Snake Eater came out and everyone started doing CQC, but they were doing it wrong so Snake had to start using CQC again to show people the right CQC.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Waffleman_ posted:

Solid Snake knew CQC the whole time but he didn't use it because Big Boss is dumb, but then Snake Eater came out and everyone started doing CQC, but they were doing it wrong so Snake had to start using CQC again to show people the right CQC.

I just want everyone to realize that this is pretty much actually why Solid Snake uses CQC in 4 and not the others.

Of all the rear end pulls in MGS, that one might be my favourite.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Krysmphoenix posted:

Vocal-Cord Parasites

I'm triggered. :argh:

Seriously, I bet the whole thread is going to be against me on this but I think MGS V has the worst story in the series. It has one good twist, and everything else is horseshit.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Actually, from what I've heard, it's a pretty common sentiment that MGSV has a weak story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
Thread, do you remember what day tomorrow is?

Or Sunday for that matter (check the OP's posted date).

Krysmphoenix posted:

Nanomachines

oh wait, this is Big Boss, not Solid Snake.

Vocal-Cord Parasites

Waffleman_ posted:

Mother Base invented 5-Hour Energy.
I was thinking something along the lines of the Patriots being dismayed with Raidan's poor on-screen performance for the past year and decided to make things easier for him. But an energy drink going straight to your magic parasite buddy could go places...