Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

beat dancer first try so this isn't the best fight but i'm still very happy with myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58h_kwAJa7I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its the opposite for me. i cannot get wins in pvp and im usually great at it

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I think it's upgrade level... Is there an obvious can't miss slab? I got 6 my first play through but I don't remember if any of them were unmissable so maybe a lot of people just stay at +9

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

pretty sure theres like 2 slabs in plain sight at the grand archives

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Im not going to use any titanite slabs. If theres one thing they shoiuld change about this game its that you should be able to switch matchmaking tiers by putting your highest weapons into storage... I can think of no reason why this shouldnt be.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Im not going to use any titanite slabs. If theres one thing they shoiuld change about this game its that you should be able to switch matchmaking tiers by putting your highest weapons into storage... I can think of no reason why this shouldnt be.

I think actually weapon level shouldn't be accounted for at all because the idea is stupid.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's identical in function to soul memory and everyone hated that but instead of getting rid of it they just hid it so normal people wouldn't even know it existed, which is worse IMO.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

it hought storing your stuff worked, poo poo

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

I think actually weapon level shouldn't be accounted for at all because the idea is stupid.

I like not being invaded by Dark SPirit +10 RapeMan. I havent had a single fight where I felt stupidly outclassed which is a good feel

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it's not like sm at all lol. SM just kicked you out of the multiplayer if you hosed up or grinded too much which was retarded. the weapon stuff keeps you from being a dickwraith and doesnt really affect anything else.

the covs dont summon right because it's from and the covs never work right

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I like not being invaded by Dark SPirit +10 RapeMan. I havent had a single fight where I felt stupidly outclassed which is a good feel

thats the only pvp i like, on both ends

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

It's identical in function to soul memory and everyone hated that but instead of getting rid of it they just hid it so normal people wouldn't even know it existed, which is worse IMO.

Its definitely not.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

thats the only pvp i like, on both ends

Then you may gank.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

at leats in my experience, the idea of balance 1v1 pvp is such an insanely boring idea because thats not really how the combat system is built. its all circle strafing and lag induced combos. so i only like invading if i can get a super overpowered weapon and sit somewhere in chamelon waiting to pounce, or if the same happens to me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Its definitely not.

they should at least tell you it matters. because i got bounced out of doing the forest stuff without even realizing it and thats partially why i stopped playing for weeks.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

they should at least tell you it matters. because i got bounced out of doing the forest stuff without even realizing it and thats partially why i stopped playing for weeks.

Ya, sure. But its not like Souls games have a history of being transparent with their mechanics

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Ya, sure. But its not like Souls games have a history of being transparent with their mechanics

this is the first time i can think of where it is, except for world/character tendency which wasnt explained in game. everything else is pretty clearly explained.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Thankfully theres a covenant available immediately where you stopped playing that is identical in function to the Watchdogs but in a much cooler area with 1000% more activity.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Benny D posted:

My other thread is riddled with spoilers. This is a safe zone for everyone avoiding spoilers to talk about their game in progress :D

I originally planned to do most progress before first death contest, but this game doesn't have a first death achievement (unless they add one in the day 1 international patch) and its sorta tough to just go on the honor system. That being said, I think it would be fun to compile a list of everyone's first death! Please tell us where you died along with a screenshot of your YOU DIED screen (if you can) and I'll keep it up to date below.

:siren: PLEASE DON'T SPOIL poo poo OR POST UNSOLICITED ADVICE. IF SOMEONE ASKS FOR ADVICE, BE AS VAGUE AS POSSIBLE THANKS :siren:

IT'S OUT!!!!

:twisted: DEATH ROLL :twisted:

Benny D
KILLED BY: LUDEX GRUNDYR
PUSHUP COUNT: 80

Holepisser
KILLED BY: HWoL Killhouse

In Training
KILLED BY:

Black Baby Goku
KILLED BY:

INRI
KILLED BY:

Net Cafe Scandal
KILLED BY: SPACE GODZILLA (GCL)

beepstreet
KILLED BY: GIANT CRYSTAL LIZARD

Smelly Larry
KILLED BY: Katana Guy at FIRELINK SHRINE

a loving dog
KILLED BY:

this should be updated.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i never read OPs i just post memes

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

net cafe scandal posted:

Otoh I'm getting constant hits for aldrich faithful at lv70 and +10 weapon

Turns out only a small population of gamers care about meta junk

I'm really excited about ng+ and being in an almost universal pool though

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

at leats in my experience, the idea of balance 1v1 pvp is such an insanely boring idea because thats not really how the combat system is built. its all circle strafing and lag induced combos. so i only like invading if i can get a super overpowered weapon and sit somewhere in chamelon waiting to pounce, or if the same happens to me.

the secret is to super optimize your build so you do insane damage and become very good so you always win

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

youre insane and im glad the game doesnt cater to your needs

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Chameleon invading rules though

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
balance is important because if the weapons were really unbalanced errone would use the best ones and thered be no variety *elbows dark sword* *tightly squeezes parry shield*

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

parrying in this game is way too good in pvp lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i like pretending to be an enemy in another player's world, and trying to use the environment to help me kill them. i don't really care for 1v1 honor dueling. that's why aldritch's faithful has been my favorite pvp so far.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I was trying to be invisible while invading, and this floating sauron's eye fart thing gave me away. What was that?

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

sector_corrector posted:

i like pretending to be an enemy in another player's world, and trying to use the environment to help me kill them. i don't really care for 1v1 honor dueling. that's why aldritch's faithful has been my favorite pvp so far.

Watchdogs is the best for that IMO. I love starting a brawl and slowly moving it closer and closer to one of the big crabs without the host noticing

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

I was trying to be invisible while invading, and this floating sauron's eye fart thing gave me away. What was that?

those point to invaders and bluecops when they spawn i think

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

scary ghost dog posted:

those point to invaders and bluecops when they spawn i think

Oh it's the first time it has happened to me, I thought it was a spell or something.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Dancers armor is sick

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

there should be balance to an extent. a bit of looseness is good but you have to allow for variety. in ds1 id be playing an sl9 character with a rapier and loin cloth and get invaded in the burg by people i could only do 2 dmg to with a backstab. so a certain degree of balance is necessary

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i dont like people who wear artorius armor and use the dark sword.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

i dont like people who wear artorius armor and use the dark sword.

artorias armor is cool but idg why everyone flocks to it. theres lots of cool heavy armor

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

there should be balance to an extent. a bit of looseness is good but you have to allow for variety. in ds1 id be playing an sl9 character with a rapier and loin cloth and get invaded in the burg by people i could only do 2 dmg to with a backstab. so a certain degree of balance is necessary

Yeah but when death is so inconsequential, do you really need balance. It's not like it's a competitive game or anything. Idk that's just how I feel,

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Bobnumerotres posted:

artorias armor is cool but idg why everyone flocks to it. theres lots of cool heavy armor

I like lorians armor. it looks cool

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Bobnumerotres posted:

i'm disappointed that you get that off the handmaiden in the dead shrine and not as a set drop in an area, like near the wolf of farron.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Yeah but when death is so inconsequential, do you really need balance. It's not like it's a competitive game or anything. Idk that's just how I feel,

you are really pissed that you cant dickwraith

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

you are really pissed that you cant dickwraith

Ive never done it, I usually only do the forest invasion style covenant they have in every game, like the bell tower and such.

• Locked thread