Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Your Computer posted:

Sounds like someone hasn't unlocked his true potential. :getin:

you can..upgrade him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

more than you can possibly imagine

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sword Master must achieve the ancient lost art of the east - the Art of Hitboxing.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

BillmasterCozb posted:

you can..upgrade him?

Babe Magnet posted:

more than you can possibly imagine

I can't speak for the latest patch, but as of 1.04 r1.05 you can make him literally invincible to her attacks so that he'll just solo her for you while you watch. :darksouls:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

Sword Master must achieve the ancient lost art of the east - the Art of Hitboxing.

wu-tang shadowboxing

speaking of boxing, just punched Aldrich to death. Caestus run going nice.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Handmaidens chair is too big for her. Just though you should know this important info.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
They seriously need to do something about two-handed greatshields being immune to almost everything in PvP, including kicks. Its infuriating when you invade someone and they two-hand a great shield. You can kick them 3 times in a row and nothing loving happens.

The kicker is its basically impossible for them to kill you either since greatshields are awful chasing "weapons", so you end up with an idiotic stalemate.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Motion to call Sword Master "Super Asia"

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Am I missing something but is the raw Astora Straight Sword better than a raw dark sword?

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
I knew you can get banned by picking up hacked items but is it true just being invaded by hackers can get you banned...?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Mazerunner posted:

Ashen Estus ring might be nice for magic users. Uh, I guess if you believed in yourself really hard, and beat the champ too, you could get prisoner's ring/his halberd really early, the priestess ring, and the alternate firelink music?

e; also the blacksmith hammer, but I dunno if that's even a good weapon at all.

I just spent fifteen minutes trying to recreate andre the blacksmith in character creator. i'd join watchdogs of farren and run around bare chested hitting people with a fire blacksmith hammer. But goddamn it's so hard to recreate a face even with refrence screenshots. He looked like some kind of hosed up tengu beak demon with a lovely hipster beard and damp limp hair.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tenzarin posted:

Am I missing something but is the raw Astora Straight Sword better than a raw dark sword?

I have no idea, but my juvenile brain finds it hilarious that using a Raw rear end is a legit build in DS3.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

So does the Master Asia trick still cheese out the dancer, I wanna make an alt character or two finally and that'd be a nice early start.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Your Computer posted:

I have no idea, but my juvenile brain finds it hilarious that using a Raw rear end is a legit build in DS3.

I make everyone taste my raw rear end.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Actually, I've never been entirely clear on what caused the mass deaths of Lothric Knights in the bottom of the Highwall. It being a repelled Pontiff attack doesn't entirely make sense, since he was able to establish garrisons uphill and Dancer is at least kind of on board with the Lothric Patriarchette's plan to send you to your inevitable demise, but what else could it have been?

I thought it was mentioned that those weird fat knights vaporized all of them with their bullshit pillars of light attack, hence why all the "bodies" fall apart into bits of armor when you run into them. I think they were connected to "the angels" rather than Irythyll.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

so here's an interesting tidbit

Gonna need more testing but if what I'm seeing here with this NPC is true, the caestus R1 is unparryable

Fighting Hodrick with Sirris and he can parry my L1 1-2 combo, but no matter where he's at in the parry animation, the R1 keeps getting through. It plays the "Shield Hit" sound and everything. I also can't think of a single time in all the pvp I'm doing where I've been parried while doing the running backhand (the running R1), but I do recall several instances where I probably should have been parried.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Your Computer posted:

I can't speak for the latest patch, but as of 1.04 r1.05 you can make him literally invincible to her attacks so that he'll just solo her for you while you watch. :darksouls:

Is there a guide for this, because if it involves that lion knight guy, his summon sign wont appear for me

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Tenzarin posted:

I make everyone taste my raw rear end.

nothing like some raw rear end on raw rear end action during duels eh?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Anyone on the PS4 can trade me the starter knight shield, legs, and hands? I have some lothric items I can swap. Really need those starter knight pieces.

PSN is Packard_goose

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Xenolalia posted:

nothing like some raw rear end on raw rear end action during duels eh?

I like Requiem for a Dream too

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

The assassin I need to kill to get chameleon isn't there. What kind of stupid poo poo is that?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Only need ten more ears! :shepicide:

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
I've been on and off playing this, so I haven't had a chance to really delve deep. Haven't even gotten to the second boss yet (Undead Settlement one).

But I got into the Mound Makers covenant, poo poo is loving crazy. I spawn in and saw the host and a white phantom. I drop down and engage the white phantom as the host high tails it to....somewhere. As I'm fighting, a red phantom drops in out of no where and start wailing on my target. Whitey flees, we give chase. Turn the corner to see a Sunbro waiting. The host is in the back just killing NPCs, while there's a 2v2 going on behind him. Freakin' Nuts.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

darkmoons/sentinels are really stupid because, all of the people you're killing have TWO ears.

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Mazerunner posted:

Only need ten more ears! :shepicide:

is there a way to check covenant progress? I've lost track of ears and I'm gonna go hollow...

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

lite_sleepr posted:

Anyone on the PS4 can trade me the starter knight shield, legs, and hands? I have some lothric items I can swap. Really need those starter knight pieces.

PSN is Packard_goose

I'm not on PS4, but Knight gear is part of what Greirat sells you after his very first looting trip. If you are later in the game and not in a position to do that, If you find where he died on his second or third trip, you can give his ashes to the fire keeper, and she will sell you everything he had and what he would have gotten on that trip/adjust her prices down to his

Section Z fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Apr 29, 2016

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Xenolalia posted:

is there a way to check covenant progress? I've lost track of ears and I'm gonna go hollow...

Um, no, besides rank. But you really should just turn them in in big groups, like save up 10 for rank one, then 20 for rank 2, or three sets of 10, or all 30 at once.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

GulagDolls posted:

darkmoons/sentinels are really stupid because, all of the people you're killing have TWO ears.

another darkmoon/sentinel got to them first

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Mazerunner posted:

Um, no, besides rank. But you really should just turn them in in big groups, like save up 10 for rank one, then 20 for rank 2, or three sets of 10, or all 30 at once.

ah ok, well I keep telling myself that the next ear I turn in will get me darkmoon blade in order to keep morale up

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Babe Magnet posted:

so here's an interesting tidbit

Gonna need more testing but if what I'm seeing here with this NPC is true, the caestus R1 is unparryable

Fighting Hodrick with Sirris and he can parry my L1 1-2 combo, but no matter where he's at in the parry animation, the R1 keeps getting through. It plays the "Shield Hit" sound and everything. I also can't think of a single time in all the pvp I'm doing where I've been parried while doing the running backhand (the running R1), but I do recall several instances where I probably should have been parried.

http://handbeezy.com/media/videos/356.webm

I still need to test this in pvp but if this is correct, backhand stronk

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I'm beginning to think I'm one of the people in the "never get autosummoned for anything" pile. I'm SL27, highest upgrade is 2 and sitting in Farron area has gotten me exactly 0 summons the entirety of this evening using both wolf and bluecop. I can get summoned via sign or invade no problem.

WTF, From? :mad:

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD

GulagDolls posted:

You get two ears for killing some people!

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

Motion to call Sword Master "Super Asia"

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
And the little boy walked down the poison swamp, looked up at Gwyn, his father, and asked, “Darling Papa, why do you hate me so?”. His father said, “Oh son, I do not hate you.” The little boy responded, “But father, I ask for food and you give me dead dragons! I ask for water and you give me burned humans. Do you still love me?”. “Still love you?”, asked Gwyn, incredulous. “My dear boy, I have never loved you.”

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Long ago there were these two awful towns: Anor Londo, named after Anal, and Lothric, which was named after an even weirder move.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I was thinking about doing a Castlevania run because whips are always worth a laugh but I could never be arsed to do it in DS2 because of how horrendous the durability on them was.

And then I realized you can most definitely make a Sharp Whip. :psyduck:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Babe Magnet posted:

Long ago there were these two awful towns: Anor Londo, named after Anal, and Lothric, which was named after an even weirder move.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Is darkmoon still broken

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I will be the ultimate champion! The undefeated of Anor Londo! Drangleic! Lothric! Courland! And Catarina! I will become SUPER ASIA, and be champion of all! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*falls off ledge trying to parry*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

PRO-TIP IF YOU'RE A BIG NERD TRYING TO RUN A LUCK BUILD

Having a hollow infusion while being hollow boosts your luck by 5, which some people know. So if you're doing luck for bleed/poisons, put a hollow infusion on the shield you're inevitably not going to be using because you're dual-wielding swords.