Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/AhAniTH.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
EVE Online: that elephant racked its dong hardcore

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Lack of Gravitas posted:

I don't know if there's a lore story to go with skill injectors, but there is one that explains how a capsuleer can get a cybernetic implant for a talent he's never had:

https://community.eveonline.com/backstory/chronicles/the-resurrection-men/

What exactly was happening here? What were they doing to the dude's brain?

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I just spent like an hour flying from jita to amarr and back trying to figure out what i did with my plex stash. Checked contracts, corp assets, personal assets, nothing. Then i checked the cargo of the ibis i was flying. Whoops. Suicide gankers are really slacking these days.

Wyatt Derp
Jul 9, 2014

Blue Lives matter

ranbo das posted:

I just spent like an hour flying from jita to amarr and back trying to figure out what i did with my plex stash. Checked contracts, corp assets, personal assets, nothing. Then i checked the cargo of the ibis i was flying. Whoops. Suicide gankers are really slacking these days.

I'm never in the right place at the right time.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

What exactly was happening here? What were they doing to the dude's brain?

They were making one of these by

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

...Sucking knowledge out of someone's brain to shoot it into someone else's brain... Like some capsuleer taking a master violinist's talent and then playing violin for like a week before getting bored, and jetting off to the other side of the galaxy without giving the skills back to the violinist, who just lost his ability to do his passion and also his only source of income.

except it was going into a USB stick and I don't think the guy was going to be in any state to care about his passions or sources of income once they were finished with him :ohdear:

The constant in EVE fiction is that the whole universe is hosed up and especially even more so when it concerns capsuleers. Bodysnatchers kidnapping talented civilians to make implants for capsuleers is no big deal when there are teeming trillions of civilians to choose from and the amount of wealth a capsuleer can amass is more like that of a government rather than an individual.

The story that went with planetary interaction when it released had a planetary governor trying to negotiate for like a 6-month transition of industry and management with a capsuleer, who responded by lighting up the city with rangefinder lasers and giving the governor 30 minutes to evacuate a city before orbital bombardment and prefabricated starports started landing.

I like this story about what goes on in your station containers with all the janitors, exotic dancers, VIP's, and marines that you pick up along the way, though.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

Jon Von Anchovi fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Apr 29, 2016

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Lack of Gravitas posted:

They were making one of these by

except it was going into a USB stick and I don't think the guy was going to be in any state to care about his passions or sources of income once they were finished with him :ohdear:

The constant in EVE fiction is that the whole universe is hosed up and especially even more so when it concerns capsuleers. Bodysnatchers kidnapping talented civilians to make implants for capsuleers is no big deal when there are teeming trillions of civilians to choose from and the amount of wealth a capsuleer can amass is more like that of a government rather than an individual.

The story that went with planetary interaction when it released had a planetary governor trying to negotiate for like a 6-month transition of industry and management with a capsuleer, who responded by lighting up the city with rangefinder lasers and giving the governor 30 minutes to evacuate a city before orbital bombardment and prefabricated starports started landing.

I like this story about what goes on in your station containers with all the janitors, exotic dancers, VIP's, and marines that you pick up along the way, though.

Or how your ships are crewed. And even though they have lifeboats, there are always some who don't make it out alive. I think someone did the math and figured that even assuming high survival rates of the crew, B-R killed billions of crewmen.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
titans passing populated planets do the same

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/2cL91Uh.webm

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Lack of Gravitas posted:

Capsuleer income more resembles that of an entire planet, or even entire solar systems. In one of the Eve novelizations, 1 isk was equivalent to a middle-class person's salary for a year. There was a lore piece in which someone got their hands on a shuttle that a capsuleer had discarded, and selling the shuttle was sufficient for a family to live in luxury for multiple generations.

That's part of the reason that capsuleers are frightening to the average person in the Eve universe; they're basically gods.

Wyatt Derp
Jul 9, 2014

Blue Lives matter
Gods with dreadlocks, sunglasses and a nice leather jacket

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Gods with questionable planning skills in charge of weapons that fire voltswagen bus sized bullets.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Wyatt Derp posted:

Gods with dreadlocks, sunglasses and a nice leather jacket

Gods who will self destruct their entire ship just to get home faster.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

CainFortea posted:

Gods with questionable planning skills in charge of weapons that fire voltswagen bus sized bullets.

Can you tell me what that is in Escalades?

I refuse your silly German measuring mechanics.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Xolve posted:

Well, mass wise that's about .6 Escalades. Volume wise, very similar dimensions.

Wyatt Derp
Jul 9, 2014

Blue Lives matter

CainFortea posted:

Gods with questionable planning skills in charge of weapons that fire Volkswagen bus sized bullets.

Hitler still getting his revenge in New Eden

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Xolve posted:

The largest gun is what? 1600mm? So like 1/3 of an Escalade at once.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

DiggityDoink posted:

The largest gun is what? 1600mm? So like 1/3 of an Escalade at once.

Biggest gun with a known size is 3500mm (XL artillery). I say "known size" because we don't know how big, say, the barrel of an Ion Siege Blaster is.

Three and a half meters, in diameter, though -- that's probably enough to fit an Escalade through.

Wyatt Derp
Jul 9, 2014

Blue Lives matter

ullerrm posted:

Biggest gun with a known size is 3500mm (XL artillery). I say "known size" because we don't know how big, say, the barrel of an Ion Siege Blaster is.

Three and a half meters, in diameter, though -- that's probably enough to fit an Escalade through.

Or Lady Scarlet's rear end

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
I'm Swedish. I demand localization to Volvos for all these measurements.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Also I need to update the Eve fan fiction I wrote a month ago.

Zephyrine posted:

Turns out that was just an imposter pretending to be DJ.

The real DJ perished during the great war. Unbeknownst to everyone. With the help of CCP BoB had built 40 Titans inside a wormhole. This fleet was unleashed near the end of the war. Poised for victory the fleet approached Goon battle lines by passing through a secret wormhole network. Darius was alerted to this. Knowing that the knowledge of such a force would demoralize the rest of Goonfleet, he took a small rifter fleet of his most trusted lieutenants and went into wormhole space to face the BoB Titans. The fighting was viscous and DJ was seen to destroy five Titans single-handedly before taking a glancing hit from a Doomsday weapon. Ejecting from his rifter, DJ used his pod to crash the exit wormhole. Making it go critical and trapping the remaining BoB Titans in wormhole space forever. His pod however exploded as the wormhole sealed. His frozen corpse was recovered and taken back home to be interned into the golden throne. Now the throne rests in the undercroft of VFK. Our enemies suspect this and they know that DJs frozen corpse is the key to recovering the lost Titan fleet that they need to win this war.

One of his last edicts before he crashed his pod was the formation of hole squad. To serve as the eternal guardians of goonkind. Their destined task was to search out and close wormholes that lead to the trapped BoB Titan fleet. Making sure that these Titans remain sealed inside wormhole space forever.

After capturing VFK and recovering the frozen corpse of DJ. NCdot used forbidden magics to resurrect him. PL planted the Goonswarm Alliance in his hands like a burning sword, and he was sent forth to dismantle the current Goonswarm Federation.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Zephyrine posted:

I had actually set this as the description of VFK station last month but the contemptible cockgoblins in NCdot have removed it to write something about a HVAC repairman.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Thank you for all the explanations on skills and implants and all the surrounding issues.

Right when I was in the middle of alloting skills for flying a procurer (they look awesome! Like a mantis!) my internet died on me and I couldn't get it back. So many apologies to those in game chat.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Zephyrine posted:

After capturing VFK and recovering the frozen corpse of DJ. NCdot used forbidden magics to resurrect him. PL planted the Goonswarm Alliance in his hands like a burning sword, and he was sent forth to dismantle the current Goonswarm Federation.

Should name change to Gurmswarm.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

VideoGames posted:

Thank you for all the explanations on skills and implants and all the surrounding issues.

Right when I was in the middle of alloting skills for flying a procurer (they look awesome! Like a mantis!) my internet died on me and I couldn't get it back. So many apologies to those in game chat.

I hope the gurmista's didn't pop you. :ohdear:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Oodles posted:

I hope the gurmista's didn't pop you. :ohdear:

Luckily I was chilling in the HQ making Rock twirl around in the hangar bay. :)

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

Xolve posted:

Should name change to Gurmswarm.

Ticker Video

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

Luckily I was chilling in the HQ making Rock twirl around in the hangar bay. :)

look at the bottom of the screen after you've spun Rock more than ten times :)

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Being on the opposite side of the galaxy from all of the most annoying people in EVE is gonna be pretty great.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

-Troika- posted:

Being on the opposite side of the galaxy from all of the most annoying people in EVE is gonna be pretty great.

Tell me of this magical land of mystery.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

VideoGames posted:

Mining ships are unironically some of the coolest looking ships in eve.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

http://i.imgur.com/1rbSek0.webm

Edit:

ullerrm posted:

requesting a copy-paste of this to :blawrf: in the next jabber smiley pack

GSF should probably leave Blawrf alone at this point.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Apr 29, 2016

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Zephyrine posted:

Tell me of this magical land of mystery.

It's the exact opposite galactic antipode to Troika

He was complimenting us on our luck

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

I'm Swedish. I demand localization to Volvos for all these measurements.

I need this poo poo in Ford F-150s please

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Drythe posted:

I need this poo poo in Ford F-150s please

Never been out of alabama or something?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

CainFortea posted:

Never been out of alabama or something?

In North America, that's most anywhere rural.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

titans passing populated planets do the same

Only Iapetan titans do. Regular titans don't affect tides.

e: my favourite "capsuleers are assholes" story is the one The Scope video where the ticker mentioned thousands of grieving families being mad at a capsuleer because he didn't care about losing his titan and "it's already replaced"

ChickenWing fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Apr 29, 2016

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

ChickenWing posted:

Only Iapetan titans do. Regular titans don't affect tides.

neeerrrrrdddd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

LemonDrizzle posted:

neeerrrrrdddd

You're god drat right

• Locked thread