Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Sivart13 posted:

Sydnee
Rileigh
Teylor

what i'm saying is this family is weird at naming kids

They're from West Virginia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

what the gently caress

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

White people

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
It's kind of remarkable that between the McElroys and the Smerls that baby Charlie has a fairly conventional (spelled) name.

I'm assuming at least. I guess I wouldn't be surprised if the birth cert said "Tschärlleegh".

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Sivart13 posted:

Sydnee
Rileigh
Teylor

The worst

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
They were probably just jazzing up that last name. Smerl.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Boy Land's death was an unjust travesty.

"An Unjust Travesty" sounds like it could be a new venture between Justin and Travis. But maybe stylized like "An UnJust Travisty".

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
if Smerl is their real last name then naming a kid Sydnee Smerl is cruel, deeply cruel.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Scudworth posted:

if Smerl is their real last name then naming a kid Sydnee Smerl is cruel, deeply cruel.

Her parents are so disappointed that she became a doctor instead of a villain in an 80s Canadian cartoon series like they had hoped.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
It's Smirl, just to keep everyone on track.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwsNNz87xbk

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I'm shocked and appalled that Cool Games Inc didn't know that Pyst was already a game.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Puh... puh... *collapses, trembling* please... mmph... pleeeaaa-- *dry heaves* hnng... please mmmmarry my boooooy *sobs*

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

DoombatINC posted:

Puh... puh... *collapses, trembling* please... mmph... pleeeaaa-- *dry heaves* hnng... please mmmmarry my boooooy *sobs*

Oh gently caress I should have learned never to listen to a McElroy show in public. The Costanza bit made me look like a crazy person at the store

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

This is my brother, Bolorgna. This is my sister, Mayronnaise.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
How listenable is that podcast if you have no interest in watching the actual show?

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
I don't watch the show, and I really enjoy it. It's fun to imagine what the show is actually like using only their reflected outrage as a guide.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Yeah I've never watched any of the shows and have no real interest in doing so but I enjoy the podcast.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Come on, PolyGriff, where's my #stonerznation

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

omg chael crash posted:

Come on, PolyGriff, where's my #stonerznation

They only do that when there's a new Tavern Brawl, and there hasn't been one of those in a while due to the new expansion having come out. It'll probably be two or three weeks

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Ariong posted:

They only do that when there's a new Tavern Brawl, and there hasn't been one of those in a while due to the new expansion having come out. It'll probably be two or three weeks

I thought they did SOMETHING even if it wasn't a new brawl.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

omg chael crash posted:

I thought they did SOMETHING even if it wasn't a new brawl.

They did do a huge pack opening video back when the new expansion launched. Maybe they'll do a video about new deck strats soon.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I actually just started listening to Rose Buddies this morning when on a long car trip. I've never seen The Bachelor but I love listening to it.

But the worst part of the show is the many references to Ru Paul's Drag Race which is the podcast I still hold out hope they'll do someday. Such a tease ...

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Yesss, I totally suggested Stone Shape to Clint when he was asking for suggestions on which spells to learn. I certainly didn't expect it to be used for that.

Cael posted:

I actually just started listening to Rose Buddies this morning when on a long car trip. I've never seen The Bachelor but I love listening to it.

But the worst part of the show is the many references to Ru Paul's Drag Race which is the podcast I still hold out hope they'll do someday. Such a tease ...
:agreed: on all counts

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Magnus being trapped under a mirror while trying to do various threatening and badass things is one of my favourite moments of the show. I hope that if Lucas shows up in the future to help, Magnus ignores the fact he's helping and just tries to kill him anyway (just because he said that he would).

I hope the next arc isn't as long. I'm enjoying TAZ but they're kind of succumbing to arc-creep. Each arc is longer than the last and we still have 3 more relics to go.

Also, I'd totally listen to a spin-off show with Team Sweet-Flips.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I just hope we get more of a town or city setting. More dialog (the main reason why this is the best dnd cast), and more chances for our heroes to murder and hide bodies.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
I hope one of the next arcs involves a jailbreak for Pringles.

edit: Some sort of Ocean's 11 esque heist would also be rad.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

At this pace we should be ready for griffth's persona adventure when persona 5 comes out.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Sorry, the next relic will actually have been swallowed by a whale a la the waterstone in Ocarina of Time.

You could say the relic got...gulped.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
They go to a carnival where the Orb of Ecstasy has been discovered by the worst possible person: A juggler

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Gann Jerrod posted:

They go to a carnival where the Orb of Ecstasy has been discovered by the worst possible person: A juggler

Oh my god this would be amazing.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Gann Jerrod posted:

The Orb of Charm has been discovered by a juggler. The boys will immediately know something is wrong when they find people actually watching and enjoying a juggler instead of desperately trying to pretend the juggler doesn't exist.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

For those of you in the facebook group, Lin-Manuel Miranda got Sinbad to congratulate Travis on getting his twitter verification.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
please forgive me if I missed it, but: new #TIBAS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVgDQQO_LYk

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

I hope the next arc isn't as long. I'm enjoying TAZ but they're kind of succumbing to arc-creep. Each arc is longer than the last and we still have 3 more relics to go.

I was seriously getting burnt out on Crystal Kingdom by the end there. Between its length, all the exposition dumps, and forgetting the whole emergency of the lab Ice 9-ing the planet, I kept hoping during the last few episodes that it was over. I hope the next arc is simpler, because it feels like the less bloated the arc, the better the riffing is.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I felt the petals to the metal and this crystal kingdom one were both dragging at the end. I enjoyed them, but kinda wished they moved quicker. I may or may not have already posted that ITT

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
The problem of doing any serial is figuring out how to cut things short but with this being an unedited podcast with an emphasis on just exploring all the loving around everyone's doing there really isn't too much I can say they can actually fix.

Hello Meow
Nov 9, 2009
Honestly when all is said and done someone could recut the entirety of TAZ into an abridged version. It'd be very doable.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Hello Meow posted:

Honestly when all is said and done someone could recut the entirety of TAZ into an abridged version. It'd be very doable.

Well, they better not forget to include the jerk-off tunnel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

flatluigi posted:

The problem of doing any serial is figuring out how to cut things short but with this being an unedited podcast with an emphasis on just exploring all the loving around everyone's doing there really isn't too much I can say they can actually fix.

Griffin does edit it actually, at least he said so on that dnd podcast he was on. Sometimes he cuts whole battles out