Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Senerio posted:

And White Josh.

Their Ship Name according to a Random Tumblr Blog that I agree with is WhiteWhite.
Bloom and the rest of the cast are using WhitefeatherJosh.

By the way, they did a little postseason live-Q&A in case you're interested. But beware, some of those questions are from assholes.
Teaser: Trent's coming back!

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Apr 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sober posted:

Also I'm gonna guess the final song of the season was original but it sounded totally like something legit out of a Disney movie.
It was so on point that I googled the lyrics mid episode to figure out if it was real or not. Then that final verse takes it so far over the top that its like a nice "Ahhhhh, it IS a parody. Thanks."

Air is lava! posted:

Yes I know. But she took a gamble there. No matter what she planned, this could have been the end of this show. And frankly I'd hate that. This ending only works if you know there's going to be a fallout afterwards. Otherwise someone might think that this is literally a happy ending.

Are there still people who want Rebecca to end up with Josh? Looking at it from a distance, he's kind of a giant rear end in a top hat this episode. What's basically his proposal amounts to "Alright, I see what you're doing there, I'm not stupid so I'll go shopping for a ring, if I really have to...". And then within an hour of his breakup, he ditches his sisters wedding to sleep with his best friends girlfriend, after he already kissed her while she was in another relationship. And now he's already having doubts.

Yeah, Josh is a massive douche this episode. To Valencia, to Greg, and even really to Rebecca since he's really loving with her emotions and taking advantage of her being in a vulnerable position.

Mind you, I don't think Josh did any of that deliberately. He's just a myopic child. But it started to get tough to like Josh as the season went on.

But I don't think ANYONE could take that ending as a happy ending unless they're literally Rebecca. Or Paula. Because that lady is CRAAAAAAZY.

Senerio posted:

The biggest thing the episodes since the kiss has done was got me to actively sympathize with Valencia, to the point where I was glad she dumped him instead of the other way around.

100% agreed. They did a really good job of subtly making Valencia more sympathetic with that fight, and really everything since the kiss. She's really got a perfectly good reason to be pushy and impatient with Josh and truthfully, we have no idea if Valencia would be this way if she hadn't spent the last 15 years in a dead end relationship with a man child who refused to commit or breakup.

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

And/Or he's incredibly gifted at self-sabotage.

The "(Hey, West Covina) What'll It Be?" melody playing under him tanking his response to Rebecca added an extra level of :smith:

I mean, yeah. That was Greg's insecurities about being Rebecca's second choice to Josh rearing their head again. He was freaked out about it from the start of the episode and he started binge drinking when he caught the two of them giving each other looks. Greg was just being a child and sabotaging the relationship because he was terrified that if he went all in Rebecca would break his heart again for Josh.

It was sad and 100% true to character. And he obviously wasn't necessarily wrong about Rebecca/Josh, but he still should have gone for it and maybe that wouldn't have happened.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

What a loving messsssssss!!!!

White JoshFeather is the best. Paula is batshit.

This hurt what soul I have left :(

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Valencia is, by far, the most well-adjusted of the star-crossed foursome.

Daryl and White Josh are the most grown up of them all, though.

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!
I thought Josh did great this episode. He warned Rebecca about Greg's darkness, and not entirely selfishly. He tried to make engagement happen for his girlfriend, and just asked that it be on his terms for once. The only reason he melted down at the end was because Valencia and his evil aunt tried to manipulate him into proposing on the spot. gently caress that--I'm glad he's out. Hooking up with his best friend's girlfriend isn't ultra-cool, but arguably, what Greg did to Rebecca at the wedding made it a lot more "nuanced than that".

Calling the season 2 surprise threesome now. Actually, there are several possible. Also, would it be sacreligious to show Father Brah getting a little contemporary with the ladies?

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009

MrBuddyLee posted:

Also, would it be sacreligious to show Father Brah getting a little contemporary with the ladies?

Well, he does forget about that rule sometimes.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

i predict by the end of next season paula and greg will team up

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
jfc that finale

like i can pinpoint 13 disparate moments when i thought things couldn't get worse and then every next instance was incacluably worse

just perfect

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm happy to report that I got my world map shower curtain in the mail yesterday and already its a massive hit with all my roommates. One roommate reports he was laughing while taking a shower because he couldn't keep his eyes off it. I spent 10 minutes with another last night just studying the map and addressing some of our misconceptions about geography. Fun for all and educational.

http://www.amazon.com/Saturday-Knight-World-Shower-Curtain/dp/B001C4CK4C?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01

Get yours today! Thanks, Crazy Ex Girlfriend! You've made my mornings (and my roommate's mornings) a little brighter.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I have a periodic table shower curtain from thinkgeek, and it's pretty cool!

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/8a2f/?srp=3

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

STAC Goat posted:

I'm happy to report that I got my world map shower curtain in the mail yesterday and already its a massive hit with all my roommates. One roommate reports he was laughing while taking a shower because he couldn't keep his eyes off it. I spent 10 minutes with another last night just studying the map and addressing some of our misconceptions about geography. Fun for all and educational.

http://www.amazon.com/Saturday-Knight-World-Shower-Curtain/dp/B001C4CK4C?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01

Get yours today! Thanks, Crazy Ex Girlfriend! You've made my mornings (and my roommate's mornings) a little brighter.
Honestly this is a good idea because I wouldn't go to the trouble of sitting down and learning geography but having it in a place you basically use every day (I hope you all do too) you're bound to learn something passively just by staring at it or just because now you have something to do in the shower.

Until we get touch-screen shower curtains with built in wifi at which point we're all hosed.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

A big part of the reason I got it was that I've always been terrible with geography. Day 2 and I feel like I'm already improving. Every bathroom trip comes with at least one quick look and a "oh, what country is that?" or "That's where that is."

Thanks, Crazy Ex Girlfriend. You're helping me fix one of the things everyone in my life has always had fun mocking me for being really stupid about.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

gave up when Greg went to sleep at the bar, done with this show

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Okay I had a cigarette and came back to it. I am obviously unhappy that the Greg storyline did not work and but the way it happened has me quite annoyed with the show. It feels like in that final moment they decided that all the really good character development was just filler. The series as a whole has had a problem with taking a step forward and two steps back. It's honestly tiring thinking this time characters have changed only to instantly backtrack two episodes later. Also Josh has so many problems as a character that it's exasperating. I have no problem with his naivete and sweetness and sometimes they write that well but other times it's like last episode and it's baby talk and that's weird and bad.

In short

e: Also Valencia dumping Josh ruled

Brock Samson posted:

What a loving messsssssss!!!!

White JoshFeather is the best. Paula is batshit.

This hurt what soul I have left :(

I think it might be Hannibal Season 2 level of emotional damage. At least heading into Hannibal you expect the misery to rain

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Apr 21, 2016

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

DivisionPost posted:

Somebody check and see if EmmyOk's TV has a brick in it.

My God we are in for a horror show next season.

Thank you for thinking of me in this dark time

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

EmmyOk posted:

e: Also Valencia dumping Josh ruled

She finally got rid of the last person on earth that cared about her. A true success story of the episode season!

I'm not happy about the Grebecca storyline either. I have no problem with the ending, but they should have had 1-2 more episodes for relationship mature, before the so predictable self-sabotage by the Greg.
Now we only saw the Sex-Cocoon phase and their fall.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I disagree because this episode showed her more human side which we've only seen a few times and it ruled. If the only person who loves you is a retarded man baby maybe you should get away from that and try and develop as a person.

It feels like the show did the "X isn't my true love it was Y all along" but they did that multiple times between the two interests until it just became exhausting. I love Grebecca but honestly would have preferred if they were just done because it seems like we're just gonna go through the cycle a few more times.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Yeah. She definitely needs to reflect a bit. Or just crash into a another disastorous relationship.

Will we see Valector next year?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I really enjoyed the episode and was not emotionally devastated at any point but apparently everybody else was so I feel like I may be a sociopath but I swear it is probably only because I was really excited about all the Disney bits. Also the bird scene was great and ruled.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

You're a monster and dead inside but there are worse ways to find that out.

Hector was really bad last episode, in fact the whole last episode was. It felt like they need to manufacture some momentary drama for Greg and just picked one of the left over guys to fill in the douchebag role. Considering the White Josh subversion it was honestly surprising that Hector was a bog standard shitbag. VaTrentia is my new OTP.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Finale was not the best episode of the season or anything, but I liked it.
Trainwrecks are just beautiful, when you can anticipate them and prepare popcorn. :allears:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

After more medication AKA cigarettes, I have reassessed the finale. I don't mind it being a trainwreck because after calming down it's clearly supposed to be one as opposed to a happy ending. I still feel a bit manipulated though that they gave us so much character development only to rip it away. I stopped watching Game of Thrones because of stuff like that. Heather owns though and I think her and Greg may be better. This is a 2 or 3 cigarette contemplation at least. Also the title should now be "The situation's a loving trainwreck"

Also DivisionPost, earlier I should have said Emmy is not okay. I let you down.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

It's extremely important to the development and healing of Rebecca's mental health that she come clean to Josh about why she actually came to West Covina, and based on the look on his face telling him immediately that he hosed up, he's clearly gonna switch roles and try to keep his distance next season. Everybody in the show still has like 10 steps to conquer before any of them can be in a stable relationship that works.

edit: Except for Darryl and White Josh that poo poo is rock solid.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That sounds like a good read of the situation it just felt like up until now the show was leading us to believe we were almost at the goal before we landed at the snake that brought us back to square one. Or chute I guess. I have all the cool analogies.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

A show about mental health resolving all of the characters mental health issues by the end of the first season would be incredibly silly.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Absolutely and having them constantly relapse and fail as they go might be realistic but it can make for very grueling watching and not necessarily good television.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I'm willing to give them this one because as far as he relapses go this seems like the most important one to have happen, but I guess it's one of those scenarios where the second season will either prove me right or gently caress it up horribly.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That's a fair point because I forgot about the whole reason she moved here these last few episodes. Now everything really is out there. I guess it threw me for a loop because she seemed to be dealing really well. I have posted a lot tonight but in my defense I just watched it and it hit me like a truck!

e: Her family ring is still in the pawn shop right?

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Apr 21, 2016

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Josh's reaction as Rebecca tanked herself at the last minute hard cut to the title slate was so god drat funny. I was disappointed with her and Josh getting together but that basically fixed it for me. Noooo way that's going to last.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

I remember giving this show a chance just because I liked Rachel Bloom from her youtube video. 18 episodes later and it is one of my favorite shows. That finale was such high-quality television. Every character got their chance to shine, there was tons of funny and heartbreaking parts, and all of the songs were fantastic.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Is it mean if I say I kind of think of EmmyOK as a second screen/expanded experience member of the show's cast? All I need to know is if you sing.

I'm pulling for you as much as I am the show characters, friend. :)

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

next season everyone will be crazy exing each other

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Thank you for your understanding, friend. People in work kept asking why I looked so blue today and I told them my dog was sick as a cover story

:smith:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I love "One Indescribable Instant" too much for words.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Season's over. What's everyone favorite and least favorite song?

After much internal debate, my favorite is California Christmastime, and my least favorite is probably Put yourself First.

Edit: I made a Bracket to figure this out. Everyone feel free to vote on Round 1

http://goo.gl/forms/mKrP6a83so

http://challonge.com/CXGBestSong

Senerio fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Apr 29, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
It's a tough decision. It's mostly a tie between "What'll it be?", "I give good parents." and "Textmergency". If I really had to chose, I guess "I give good parents.". There where some ridiculously funny lines in there.

My least favorite song is probably "His status is preferred."

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
"You Stupid Bitch" is my theme song.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Favourites are JAP Battle, Put Yourself First, What'll It Be?, Feelin Kinda Naughty, Boy Band With Four Joshes, I Give Good Parent....gently caress, there are too many. Least favourites are Yoga and the Christmas one.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Senerio posted:

After much internal debate, my favorite is California Christmastime, and my least favorite is probably Put yourself First.

Escobarbarian posted:

Favourites are [...] Put Yourself First [...]
Least favourites are [...] the Christmas one.

Sorry, but you two have to fight now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

My favorites are "Oh my god I think I like you" and "You Stupid Bitch"

Least favorite is probably "Good at Yoga"

• Locked thread