Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

gj bills, you did good this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Coldforge posted:

Yeah, I dunno. I only watched him against Vanderbilt, but he looked good enough against the run to me.

Yeah, it's a really weak excuse for a B-. Their criticism of Nkemdiche is like knocking Steph Curry for not making enough dunks.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

A really good pick, it'll be interesting to see how they use him in their 3-4.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Coldforge posted:

A really good pick, it'll be interesting to see how they use him in their 3-4.

Everything I've heard seems to indicate they want to use him as a 5 technique DE

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Ross Angeles posted:

Everything I've heard seems to indicate they want to use him as a 5 technique DE

Sounds right. Lots of Justin Smith comps coming his way.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

that backround is so awful. wordclouds made into footballs smh

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Gettleman said he saw Butler as a lot like KK (Kawan Short) and felt they were a very similar skill set. The thought of KK and Butler in the middle gives me a chub. Also lol at NFLN coverage talking about the Panthers looking for a pairing for Star when KK was better last year. Fkn idiots.

Also said that he wasn't surprised about Myles Jack not being taken and considered it because of his injury history. Said hes still on the Panthers board, but he wasn't in the mix for that first rounder.

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
Here's my thoughts on Eli Apple:

How come teams always let a GM on the hotseat pick coaches during a coaching change? Now when Reese gets fired after the season (4-12) we'll still be stuck with loving Steve Spagnuolo because "the coaching staff needs more time!"

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

gently caress yea

quote:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Cowboys attempted to trade back into the first round to draft Paxton Lynch.

Tony Romo meet your new backup, Christian Hackenberg

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Coldforge posted:

Yeah, I dunno. I only watched him against Vanderbilt, but he looked good enough against the run to me.

to be fair, you and i would look good against the run if it were Vanderbilt

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice
Someone tell me about Ronnie Stanley. It seems like a panic move after the whole Tunsil thing, how big is the dropoff from Tunsil to Stanley?

Also Myles Jack still being on the board is insane to me, i know about his knee issue but drat, its like all the team doctors that checked him out think his knee's going to explode as soon as he olays an NFL game

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Oh man, the Lions really need a left tackle because they ended up reaching for an unathletic Big Ten tackle who has problems in pass protection. There's only one thing to do.

*drafts questionable OT out of the Big Ten with problems in pass blocking*

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/mmehtanydn/status/725995396670078976

Was curious who tried to jump on him during the slide.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/726013257383817216

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I guess the Falcons didn't trade back, after all. Not really a big fan of drafting a guy on whom the consensus seems to be should have been a second rounder.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Well I'm happy about Paxton Lynch. I thought we'd be hosed for the next 8-10 years and now it looks like we may just be hosed for 2-3? Sure as poo poo better than just Sanchez as my only hope.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/726020471397998592

#shouldergate

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I want to believe the leaks were by Miami so they could get Tunsil at a bargain

uno.mannschaft
Dec 23, 2006
I think the Bears made a good pick and put in some good ol' fashion trade suspension while at it, gently caress the haters.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

:ninja:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Goff and Wentz is going to be like Manning and Rivers only instead of seeing who is more successful its going to be who fails harder

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I'm sure the front office knows how to find a gas mask and dodgy money, but I don't think they know how twitter or the intertubes works.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Who did the bucs draft, I blacked out after the Apple pick

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I'm happier about Bosa today than I was yesterday

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Ross Angeles posted:

I'm happier about Bosa today than I was yesterday

He will probably be pretty good

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Yoshifan823 posted:

Packers and Panthers picked solid, safe choices. There are a bunch of cool dudes left for Day 2. I won the Goon Draft Prediction game thing.

A Good Night.

Ah so you are "Naostrem" on Predict the Pick? Awesome! You had the 1,742nd entry overall with 1220 points with 8 correct picks! Wow! Here's a Parm High Five for you! :hf:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Goetta posted:

He will probably be pretty good

I want him to be our gronk

I wish I could be happy when the pick happened. I've only been happy with the Chargers first round pick once in my adult life

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I kinda wish the Chargers had been able to trade down and rack up another draft pick or two, since I think Bosa still would've been there at #5. But I can't really complain much, because I think he'll be an important piece toward turning the defense back into something respectable. The Chargers' d-line already looks a hell of a lot better, on paper, than last year's did. I'll be real happy if they come away with a center and safety today.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'm lukewarm on Coleman but then again it's the Browns who knows and we needed a WR.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

E_Motion posted:

Someone tell me about Ronnie Stanley. It seems like a panic move after the whole Tunsil thing, how big is the dropoff from Tunsil to Stanley?

Also Myles Jack still being on the board is insane to me, i know about his knee issue but drat, its like all the team doctors that checked him out think his knee's going to explode as soon as he olays an NFL game

Depends what you mean. Stanley is the safer pick, even ignoring any off field stuff. Tunsil has a way higher ceiling, like Tyron Smith high, but you'd have to teach him a pro pass blocking scheme pretty much from the ground up. Stanley looks to be a starting caliber left tackle that will be pretty decent in pass protection and not the best run blocker for a solid decade. Also Stanley has a lot more experience with pro style blocking assignments so there is less to project as opposed to just watching tape. He played pretty well against Clemson who has both Shaq Lawson and Kevin Dodd ( Stanley was mostly matched up on Lawson).

All told I'd still much rather have Tunsil. It was a coward's pick.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I do not know anything about who the Steelers picked but its a cornerback and I think we need one of those

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Man my team is the only one without a shiny new player to discuss

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I'm glad the Lions let the Vikings draft the really good stud receiver so they could instead pick the lumbering offensive tackle with no motor.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
We traded up one spot because we were terrified that Washington was going to snatch WILL FULLER from us.

The rest of the league is playing poker, but Rick Smith is playing Crazy 8's.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ehud posted:

https://twitter.com/mmehtanydn/status/725995396670078976

Was curious who tried to jump on him during the slide.

What loving price was Reese asking for when everyone in the world knew that the Giants are the most uptight stick in their rear end team concerning weed smokers? Reese willingly sabotaged our safety corps because Will Hill likes chronic so who the gently caress would believe him that he would ever take Tunsil?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Butler is an athletic freak. The Panthers will have the best interior line rotation in football, and the amount of man they're sending out there Butler, Star, and KK is just nuts.

Additionally, it gives them leverage and options in the ongoing contract negotiations with KK. Unfortunately I can't see all three of them being on the team in two seasons, maybe not even next season.

Per Gettleman, seven teams called trying to trade into the spot. We know the Jets were one. Obviously grain of salt. Speaking of salt, Butler was the Panthers "top rated prospect."

Funny how every team gets that.

Also what in the gently caress Falcons?

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Pron on VHS posted:

Man my team is the only one without a shiny new player to discuss

And the Pats! But they deserve to not have a player so it's cool. I'm thinking Vonn Bell or Whitehair for us.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

ZenVulgarity posted:

Who did the bucs draft, I blacked out after the Apple pick

They drafted some lovely CB that blew the roof off the combine and only got taken in the first because of it

NOTE: I'm posting from an alternate dimension where we took an actual good CB in VH3 and not EA0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/SI_DougFarrar/status/726023742720192512

• Locked thread