Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

The Door Frame posted:

I'm better than 16% of all of the players on the NA servers. As sad as that is, by virtue of the legions of shitmongers who play this game, I'm statistically not that bad. Not great, but better than 1/6 of everyone on the continent who plays ranked
"Statistically" you literally are "that bad", you're in the bottom 20%. You know those ads that say poo poo like "Four out of five doctors agree"? More than four out of five people are better than you at league. Like I'm not here to tell you how to live your life or tell you to uninstall or anything but "statistically" is not a word you should throw around to defend yourself here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

The Door Frame posted:

I'm better than 16% of all of the players on the NA servers. As sad as that is, by virtue of the legions of shitmongers who play this game, I'm statistically not that bad. Not great, but better than 1/6 of everyone on the continent who plays ranked

What would you consider being statistically that bad? Bottom fifteen percent, as opposed to bottom sixteen percent?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

generally speaking anyone lower ranked than me is bad while anyone higher ranked than me is not

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Radical posted:

generally speaking anyone lower ranked than me is bad while anyone higher ranked than me is not

I would ignore list everyone lower ranked than me but then the thread would be half Methanar posts :(

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Radical posted:

most of the people higher ranked than me are also bad at the game, along with me

i wouldn't really consider someone good until d1 or master but eh

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
im not literally the worst player on the planet, okay????

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

KicksYouInHalf posted:

I am

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Verviticus posted:

most of the people higher ranked than me are also bad at the game, along with me

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

KicksYouInHalf posted:

See? This guy gets it.

I was going by the number of ranked tiers: bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond, master, challenger. Bronze is 1/7 of number of tiers, and me being 1/6 of the way up of the ladder made total sense until I actually thought about it. Hence my immediate admission of it being a facile argument

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
Anivia support is actually cool and good but The Door Frame advocating it has nothing to do with it

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

kingcobweb posted:

I would ignore list everyone lower ranked than me but then the thread would be half Methanar posts :(

I don't see the problem.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

The Door Frame posted:

See? This guy gets it.

I was going by the number of ranked tiers: bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond, master, challenger. Bronze is 1/7 of number of tiers, and me being 1/6 of the way up of the ladder made total sense until I actually thought about it. Hence my immediate admission of it being a facile argument

There's only 200 people in challenger. You hit the 50th percentile in mid-silver. Tiers are not evenly distributed.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Look yourself up on op.gg and it tells you what percentage you are

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Top 1.5% ayyyyyy

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
In a fake region, where everything is made up and the points don't matter

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

flyingkiwi posted:

Look yourself up on op.gg and it tells you what percentage you are

hes actually in the top 84% lol

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Verviticus posted:

hes actually in the top 84% lol

126 graves games. You disgust me.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

i killed a kennen from 400 hp at level 6 and he started whining about "meta champs" and then we won, so it was all worth it

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

unironically if you want to "get good at league of legends" and you arent even entertaining the thought of (or worse, look down upon) playing meta/fotm champions, you are a trashcan

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

The Door Frame posted:

Most of those 16% of players below you don't have hundreds of ranked games under their belt, including 250+ this season, either.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i get spotty fps and 300+ ping and I managed to get to silver with my first 10 games.
It's really not hard to get out of bronze.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

so your rank from last seasons affects you, right? because I once placed in bronze years ago with a friend. then last time I duo'd my friend got gold and I got silver. I was p salty.

so if I try again this year, will I run into the same problem?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
At the start of the season i did my placements on 200 ping and a laptop that ran the game at 30 fps and scraped my way into silver 1 so idk how the 'my pc/net is bad !' Can ever be considered a relevant argument for being completely dog poo poo at the Video Game

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Zmej posted:

so your rank from last seasons affects you, right? because I once placed in bronze years ago with a friend. then last time I duo'd my friend got gold and I got silver. I was p salty.

so if I try again this year, will I run into the same problem?

quote:

A baseline MMR has been changed by the latest Riot patch. (2016/2/20)

Maybe? I remember a lot of people complaining that they got placed lower than they used to be, but it self corrects fairly quickly

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Luna Was Here posted:

At the start of the season i did my placements on 200 ping and a laptop that ran the game at 30 fps and scraped my way into silver 1 so idk how the 'my pc/net is bad !' Can ever be considered a relevant argument for being completely dog poo poo at the Video Game

For a long time I was playing at under 20 fps and frequently dropped to 0 and it was A Serious Problem.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

The Door Frame posted:

Maybe? I remember a lot of people complaining that they got placed lower than they used to be, but it self corrects fairly quickly

Just because you were placed 5 mmr from bronze 3 doesn't mean everybody gets back to their actual elo that fast

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Are we getting new art for Traditional Trundle?

:allears:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
um why is that splash so sexy?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
equal opportunity baby :madmax:

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

That has to be a straight rip of pose and lighting from a Frazetta Conan painting. Regardless, that's dope and hopefully more people play Trundle because of it.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
That cloth is way to limp to be from the Troll King

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Tired Moritz posted:

tahm kench jungle is still good.

Tell me. I played it a ton but then he got nerfed and people yelled at me and I stopped.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
being in D4 puts you in the top 0.5% of people playing the game but everyone at this level is still super loving garbage so maybe no one is good at the game and Door Frame is just stuck in elo hell and only needs a few lucky wins to ascend and become a challenger level player. the second coming of genja? maybe.....

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Radical posted:

Anyone ranked lower than me is trash, anyone ranked higher than me is a no-life tryhard. :smug:

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Hermetic posted:

Anyone ranked...is a no-life tryhard. :smug:

metavisual
Sep 6, 2007

Is there a thread for new people? I literally just started playing, and I feel like I have a bunch of dumb questions, but I don't want to poo poo up the thread with dumb questions about how not to get two-shotted with Annie.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

metavisual posted:

Is there a thread for new people? I literally just started playing, and I feel like I have a bunch of dumb questions, but I don't want to poo poo up the thread with dumb questions about how not to get two-shotted with Annie.

Just ask them here, there was a newbie thread but it's also fine to ask here.

metavisual
Sep 6, 2007

I just started literally this week. I've been playing bot games, up to intermediate now, I've been mainly playing mid with either Ashe or Annie and I've been doing okay I guess.
I just feel like I was getting leveled with Annie last night any time there was another champion around.

Is Annie just squishy and that's something I have to learn to deal with or Is there some sort of trick to survivability aside of running back to behind a turret?

Also any sort of hints or tips or anything will be helpful. There is a lot of loving information, I'm just starting to understand all the terminology. (Closest I've played is Warcraft 3, so I understand how to move and all that, but that's about it).

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

metavisual posted:

General anti-mage build tips: building resists is one way, depending on role. If you're playing someone who's building pure tank anyway, Spirit Visage is the go-to MR item. If you're a jungler or toplaner who builds AD, Hexdrinker/Maw of Malmortious is a good item to get that gives offensive stats while giving you some MR and capacity to survive burst. If you're top/jungle and AP, Abyssal Scepter is probably what you want. If you're mid you can go either Abyssal or Athene's Unholy Grail. If you're support go for Aegis of the Legion, probably into Locket of the Iron Solari. ADCs don't really build resists.

Specifically Annie: Banshee's veil really screws her over, so consider that as an item to pick up but generally not as a first item.

Non-build tips: Annie's ranges kind of suck, so try to stay more than 600 units away- sight range of your champion is like 1200 for reference. Most champions who are ranged hover around 525 range as another reference, but you can see your range in your stats to check for your specific champion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

:shittypop:

Killed By Death fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Apr 29, 2016

• Locked thread