Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This just pissed her off :clint:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Kiggles posted:

There is a reason for this.

Maybe they could have balanced things in a different way, but the options were probably as you see it now, or the L2 special not comboing with itself into the follow up weapon art attack.

Couldn't they have just... increased FP or stamina cost on that initial swing? Or just made the actual strong followup come out faster and remove hitstun on the first hit. The second hit knocks them away and thus cannot really be comboed out of, only into. They actually seem like they nuked the hitstun on the first hit as well, cause I've never seen anyone staggered by the drat thing.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

NTT posted:

Can you parry Gundyr's charge in pvp? Asking for a sunny friend

Yes, it's relatively easy too. Not sure if the followup heavy swing is but I'd assume so.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
Are great clubs unparryable? I invaded a guy who'd very predictably swing whenever he got in range, so I thought I'd try to practice on him. But I went through 5 estus worth of experimenting with the timing and I failed every single time.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Tallgeese posted:

Huh. From could have just made the spin-hit deal large knockback. Heck, you can even edit it to do that.

Sorry to say, but you won't know if you're banned until next week, I "think" next Wednesday to be specific.

You may escape From's extremely misdirected wrath, or you may not. That's really all we can tell you. Good luck!

Are you able to find the bleed value (the amount it increases the bleed bar) each weapon does?

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Cyberventurer posted:

Are great clubs unparryable? I invaded a guy who'd very predictably swing whenever he got in range, so I thought I'd try to practice on him. But I went through 5 estus worth of experimenting with the timing and I failed every single time.
2h swings from heavy weapons are unparryable, 1h swings from ultra heavy weapons are all parryable

unfortunately it seems i am terrible at parrying anything but the most braindead of straight sword/katana/rapier users

i am so, so free to abyss watcher sword guys spinning around and killing me while i attempt to learn the timing on the parry

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Kild posted:

Are you able to find the bleed value (the amount it increases the bleed bar) each weapon does?

I believe it's like DS1, it's all programmed as a special effect attached to each weapon on-strike, and different weapons have different special effects.

You know, instead of the sane DS2 method where you could actually just read the Bleed AR.

So yes, I could.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Tallgeese posted:

I believe it's like DS1, it's all programmed as a special effect attached to each weapon on-strike, and different weapons have different special effects.

You know, instead of the sane DS2 method where you could actually just read the Bleed AR.

So yes, I could.

Could you do that for me? :D

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

That would be a significant amount of busywork to do every bleed weapon and effect, so I must decline.

Unless you want to get me an extra copy for the trouble, dohoho.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Apr 29, 2016

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Some things if you were meant to know, they would already be on the stat screen, maan.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Some things if you were meant to know, they would already be on the stat screen, maan.

What, you mean like Poise?

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
So does "Made entry requirements for Rosaria's Fingers laxer" in the latest patch notes mean that you can do Finger stuff without obviating Sirris's questline?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Genocyber posted:

This is from a while ago, but that's probably because Lothric (and Lorian) are likely descendants of Gwynevere.

What if the holy mother is Gwyndolin?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Oh so turns out poise doesn't effect rolling either. Does it effect superarmour on attacks?

Also where is the stamina shield in the game?

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Golden Goat posted:

Oh so turns out poise doesn't effect rolling either. Does it effect superarmour on attacks?

The only effect poise has in this game is pissing me off everytime I look at the status screen.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Swamp

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Golden Goat posted:

Crabby Shrekville

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Not sure if someone's posted this here before but: https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4gxrr0/i_have_done_tests_on_some_things_for_patch/

Long story short for regulation 1.06 (which isn't on PC yet it seems):
  • All dual weapons got... well, not nerfed actually, more like rebalanced. Here's what it sounds like from the original post and comments: stamina consumption on twin weapon L1s is sharply increased, but damage on at least some twin weapon L1s is also increased. Harder to stunlock people, but now things like the Sellsword Twinblades won't actually have weaker L1s than R1s which seems good. Not sure if the Gotthard Twinswords got the same treatment or just the stamina nerf, but I'll test when the regulation hits PC. No change to sheet AR.
  • Dark Sword stamina consumption apparently also increased.
  • No change to pyromancy, despite what was reported yesterday.
  • And then, according to this post, sorceries got buffed. It sounds like the damage wasn't changed but projectiles track much more aggressively. Awaiting confirmation on that, though.
This is all stuff I'm piecing together by searching "1.06" on the DS3 subreddit so take all of it with a grain of salt, but it seems like the Great Chaos Fire Orb nerfs maybe didn't actually happen?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Btw Solaire gear with his weapons is just under 70% with prisoners chain. 7 vit owns nerds

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I need 20 Vit on my build because a) I'm wearing the Bloodring and I don't need another defense penalty from the Prisoner's Chain and b) I want to use the Dragonslayer Swordspear, which weighs 14.5 units, and still be able to wear fashion and a shield larger than a buckler. Turns out 20 Vit + Ring of Favor is what you need for that.

I discovered this after respeccing down to the Knight's base 15 Vit and then going "wait, why am I fat rolling?"

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am
My skill level in this game waxes and wanes to an alarming degree. I go from being an untouchable dodge-god to dying three times in a row on the zombie rogue under the second High Wall bonfire.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Melanion posted:

My skill level in this game waxes and wanes to an alarming degree. I go from being an untouchable dodge-god to dying three times in a row on the zombie rogue under the second High Wall bonfire.

Try sobriety. Or coffee.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Melanion posted:

Funny, that's exactly how I felt when I beat the Dancer on my first try with very little difficulty, then immediately got owned by the Lothric Knights in Lothric Castle. Like, owned hard, shamefully hard. I finished the area and beat the boss there first try and I'm still afraid to show my face in Lothric Castle because those knights will just be there, laughing at me.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Amazing chest ahead

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
What kind of Vigor/Endurance should I be aiming for in a NG? Doing a strength build for my first run.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Harrow posted:

Funny, that's exactly how I felt when I beat the Dancer on my first try with very little difficulty, then immediately got owned by the Lothric Knights in Lothric Castle. Like, owned hard, shamefully hard. I finished the area and beat the boss there first try and I'm still afraid to show my face in Lothric Castle because those knights will just be there, laughing at me.

I tried backstabbing the knight guarding the way to Oceiros and when I saw the health bar barely move I knew I had hosed up. Then he chased me down a moving elevator.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
27 vigor, don't touch endurance

Str/dex/vit to taste

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Mehrunes posted:

You don't need to hold it.

In my experience if I tap R1 it does a regular attack and not a backstab. I have to hold it, though obviously not for the entire duration

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

NTT posted:

27 vigor, don't touch endurance

Str/dex/vit to taste

I think you reversed vit and end there.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Stringbean posted:

What kind of Vigor/Endurance should I be aiming for in a NG? Doing a strength build for my first run.

VGR to 20 is pretty good for NG. 27 if you can't figure out where to spend any more points.

Contrary to what NTT suggests, END for str builds is pretty important. I don't touch it on other builds, but heavy weapons are expensive. A good target is still being able to dodge after two swings while 2handing. I have no clue what that is, but you're probably looking around 20+ END.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
Guess a patch changed something cause now I crash every time i die and respawn at a bonfire.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Stringbean posted:

Most people say 20-27 Vigor is a good stopping place for NG. 27 Vigor gets you a flat 1000 HP, or 1300 HP with an ember. (Going to 50 Vigor gets you 1300 HP, to give you an idea how big that ember buff is.)

For Endurance, I'd say you'll want at least 25-30 if you're using big, heavy Strength weapons. For lighter weapons you can go lower--some people go Bloodborne low with their Endurance, like 15-20, because rolling takes so little and Stamina regenerates quickly--but heavy weapons eat up Stamina like crazy so you'll want more. Basically, Endurance barely matters for light, fast weapons, and is everything for heavy, slow weapons.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I like how they brought back the blue blood sword from demon's souls.

KillGizmo
Jul 11, 2001

Run you little bastard! Run!
Anyone else on the XBox One have an issue where you can't summon or can't be summoned without hard rebooting your Xbox each time? Even just quitting out of the game doesn't work. Anyone know a fix for this?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I feel like someone typo'd the weight on the Dragonslayer Swordspear and then never fixed it. This thing requires only 16 Strength to one-hand but weighs more than some weapons that require 25 Strength to one-hand.

It is seriously hindering my fashion souls.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Harrow posted:

I feel like someone typo'd the weight on the Dragonslayer Swordspear and then never fixed it. This thing requires only 16 Strength to one-hand but weighs more than some weapons that require 25 Strength to one-hand.

It is seriously hindering my fashion souls.

I'm having to use the drang armor with it because that weighs so little.

Fix poise because VIT's useless otherwise.

From Earth
Oct 21, 2005

ElBrak posted:

Guess a patch changed something cause now I crash every time i die and respawn at a bonfire.

That's just From's meta-narrative about players being betrayed by Patches.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Hey Tallgeese--

Has anyone figured out what kind of things get you banned in DS3 yet? Like, say I were to replace the Xbox controller icons with Dualshock 4 icons. Is that the kind of thing you think might get flagged?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Kiggles posted:

VGR to 20 is pretty good for NG. 27 if you can't figure out where to spend any more points.

Contrary to what NTT suggests, END for str builds is pretty important. I don't touch it on other builds, but heavy weapons are expensive. A good target is still being able to dodge after two swings while 2handing. I have no clue what that is, but you're probably looking around 20+ END.

yeah on my axe man I couldn't swing the two handed Burger King Axe twice 2-handed and roll until something like 22 end and needed to add the prisoner's chain to do the same with yhorm's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

i really wish there was something you could do with the covenant items after you max out your covenant level. mound makers is my favorite covenant and i passed the needed 30 a while back and now i have a pile of bone shackles and nothing to do with them. even cosmetic stuff like letting me become even more neon purple when i invade would be cool. oh, or maybe they could make it so you can respec at any covenant instead of just rosaria's, so you can just play whatever covenant you want and use your excess covenant items, but maybe it costs 5 or 10 covenant items instead of 1 tongue. i'm grasping at straws here.