Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Aurora posted:

Is that the Bojack one?

Yeah that one. I like that outfit on Gohan, he looks good in the Piccolo gear, but for some reason dressing like his old man just looks right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Yeah, I like Gohan in the orange gi getup, too. It's a shame no one other than Goku really wears it now :v:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Aurora posted:

Yeah, I like Gohan in the orange gi getup, too. It's a shame no one other than Goku really wears it now :v:

Krillin in Resurrection of F!

I still don't know why Piccolo didn't clothes-beam Gohan something better to wear.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I did a single summon on the item banner. I got an R Nail... and an Elder Kai? Are you guaranteed an Elder Kai the first time you single summon or something?

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Aurora posted:

Also somehow my first run was better than Cozz's according to my friends list, even though I didn't use a Broly friend on the Quarter or Semis :v:

I think Broly runs are less points than maximizing type/super, going by previous tournaments. The advantage is you spend less time on a Broly run. Also, I got screwed where Broly didn't show up until turn 2.

I also like they kept the SSR at 80 wins.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
No, I got an R Chaotzu and some green weights. Nothing's guaranteed.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I did all three Saiyan Festival summons and got SSJ3 Goku, Beerus, Super Vegeta, and Broly SSJ Goten. Not too bad. Also 3 Old Kais, which is pretty nice.

Should I max out SSG Goku, SSJ3 Goku, or Ultimate Gohan this time around? They're all at SA6.

Oh yeah, make sure you're stocking up on Bulma and Turtle medals, they're needed for the Super Strike stuff. May as well stock up now, if you're tourney grinding anyway. It's 14 of each per SA15, if you do a 10 and a 5.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Apr 29, 2016

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I'd say SSJ3 Goku or SSG Goku

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I was leaning either SSJ3 since his Dokkan event is starting soon or keeping them even. Having all 3 at SA7 sounds pretty nice, too.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Ugh, it's 6 days long this time? I don't think I'll make top 5k even though I'll almost certainly get 80 wins.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
It's 5, looks like. The timer said 4 days 15 hours for me.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Echophonic posted:

It's 5, looks like. The timer said 4 days 15 hours for me.

Ah, I misunderstood the date range.

Hmm, sorely tempted to pull on this banner. But if I do, I will surely break F2P to try for Gogeta, argh.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

ChronoReverse posted:

Ah, I misunderstood the date range.

Hmm, sorely tempted to pull on this banner. But if I do, I will surely break F2P to try for Gogeta, argh.

Well think of it this way, is there anything from this banner that you actually need? If not persevere and reap your future reward.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Well think of it this way, is there anything from this banner that you actually need? If not persevere and reap your future reward.

My future reward of tears. But yeah, I'd like the SSJ2 Adult Gohan but it's really not as important as Gogeta.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

ChronoReverse posted:

My future reward of tears. But yeah, I'd like the SSJ2 Adult Gohan but it's really not as important as Gogeta.

Oh I'm sure there's quite a few of us, having saved stones for a while now, who will be feeling the same way when the time comes.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Aww yeah, double Bandages from my DB tickets. :getin:

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Got TEQ Whis and STR SSJ2 Gohan :toot: Also having Brolly on my team has me at rank 800 something

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Echophonic posted:

Aww yeah, double Bandages from my DB tickets. :getin:

Hell yeah. x2 Bandages + 1 more General Blue for me here.

Ole Blue's going to be SA10 before I know it.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Two General Blues, Dracula Man and Kid Bulma. Not too shabby.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Devilman :black101:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I got a Guilan. This is going worse than usual. Guess I burned all my luck on that SSJ3 Goku earlier.

Is it worth it to raise the SA on a nuke card like TEQ Cell? Or is it like Kaioken Goku and the gimmick (passive, SA boost, etc) is doing the work in generating big numbers?

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 29, 2016

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Echophonic posted:

I got a Guilan. This is going worse than usual. Guess I burned all my luck on that SSJ3 Goku earlier.

Is it worth it to raise the SA on a nuke card like TEQ Cell? Or is it like Kaioken Goku and the gimmick (passive, SA boost, etc) is doing the work in generating big numbers?

It's worth it depending on circumstance.

By my calculations, double SSGSS TEQ Goku leads with TEQ Cell can't OHKO dokkan Gogeta boss until SA6. Cell and Broly can both be OHKO'd at SA1.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Echophonic posted:

From what I've read, there's less of a benefit for boosting SA on the nuke cards vs regular cards. Unless of course you use your nuke cards on your main team then I could see the counter-argument.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, Cell's my TEQ team lead, but I use my other big hitters a lot more frequently. Apparently an SA10 AGL SSG Goku can outperform Gotenks until the latter is SA3. I think he's my best choice. Just being really indecisive with my Old Kais, as always.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Well, that's an easier decision because AGL SSG Goku is such a great card in the first place. I'd 100% put my Elder Kai's on SSG AGL Goku over AGL Gotenks if I were you.

TEQ Super Perfect Cell is one of the strongest TEQ hitters in Global right now though. That's why if you were trying to decide whether to SA boost him over another TEQ, it's a much easier decision.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Apr 29, 2016

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I did one last Multi, got Triumphant Light SSJ Goku. He seems pretty solid! Prepared for Battle is always nice, and he has a knockout chance.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

It seems the super saiyan festival banner actually delivers this time, did a multi and got AGL SSJ2 Gohan (Bojack movie one), AGL SSJ Kid Trunks (x2), INT SSJ Vegeta and TEQ SSJ GT Gohan.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

I did one last Multi, got Triumphant Light SSJ Goku. He seems pretty solid! Prepared for Battle is always nice, and he has a knockout chance.

He's got a 50% KO, just like Turles. He's really good, lack of Kamehameha aside.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I haven't had any luck with multipulls for awhile, but I did one anyway if only to get another Old kai and well...

:aaa: The Combative Will Vegeta was a dupe but god drat! I hope that Gohan is good.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
He looks pretty good, especially for a PHY. He's got a Ki+2 leader skill, 145% multiplier on a supreme super, Shocking Speed, and gives everyone +2000 attack when he has 5 or more ki. He's not competing with Ultimate Gohan, but I certainly could see using him.

I also really like that INT SSJ Vegeta.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I consider him better than Ultimate Gohan by a small edge. Ultimate Gohan inflicts more damage on his own, but is limited by the HP threshold as well as inferior links.

The extra damage SSJ2 Adult Gohan gives his partners exceeds the benefit Ultimate Gohan gives himself.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
What's the "upcoming dokkan event" they're teasing?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Super Saiyan 3 Goku event. I think this is the one where you have to kill him in 7 turns or else he instant kills you.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

ChronoReverse posted:

I consider him better than Ultimate Gohan by a small edge. Ultimate Gohan inflicts more damage on his own, but is limited by the HP threshold as well as inferior links.

The extra damage SSJ2 Adult Gohan gives his partners exceeds the benefit Ultimate Gohan gives himself.

I can see that. I'd say Supreme Power covers some of the gap on a team with Majin Vegeta and SSJ3 Goku, though.

Woo, finally an SR. It's my 4th General Blue, but better than another Bandages. Only SR I'm missing is Yamcha. Still don't have either SSR, but whatever.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Apr 30, 2016

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

ChronoReverse posted:

Super Saiyan 3 Goku event. I think this is the one where you have to kill him in 7 turns or else he instant kills you.

Is it some awakening event for the gacha SSJ3 Goku, or is this something entirely new? I guess what I'm asking is, what's the reward?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

New Leaf posted:

Is it some awakening event for the gacha SSJ3 Goku, or is this something entirely new? I guess what I'm asking is, what's the reward?

There's a new SSJ3 AGL Goku and both versions can dokkan awaken.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The AGL one is the Ki+3 Atk+3000 leader for AGL. Also has a double attack passive, which seems pretty nuts.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Got Launch from the DB pull. As far as I'm concerned, I've already won this tournament.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
Did a bunch of single pulls earlier in the day trying to get some Old Kai drops. No dice on that, however, I did get a GT Trunks among all the characters summoned and otherwise trained/sold.

Got to 21 wins, and calling it a night for the Tournament, currently in the 1300's for ranking. Still no new DB characters from the pulls I've done though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
You are a machine. I made it to 7.

I don't think I'm doing 80 this time. Ending up at 5322 last time has me a bit grumpy about the whole thing. Though, I did get SSJ3 Goku off the SSR tickets, so I dunno. We'll see if I want to put the time in.