Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Uxzuigal posted:

Quitting/Reducing sugar intake is the worst loving poo poo I've ever done. And I've had to quit subutex (as a painkiller). gently caress me. Im crashing so hard it's not even funny after the gym. I hate this so much.

Im guessing the opiate withdrawals are loving u up much more than the reduced sugar champ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Uxzuigal posted:

Quitting/Reducing sugar intake is the worst loving poo poo I've ever done. And I've had to quit subutex (as a painkiller). gently caress me. Im crashing so hard it's not even funny after the gym. I hate this so much.

Hopefully your sugar intake is low that you fat adapt. The first week, especially about 5~ days in until about a week after was rough as I really just ran out of sugar energy and my body was just like "WTF AM I GONNA DO WITH JUST BACON?!?"

I just slept a lot, and ate more bacon.

Uxzuigal
Jan 16, 2013

Chill Berserker Dude

this_is_hard posted:

Im guessing the opiate withdrawals are loving u up much more than the reduced sugar champ

No, I can honestly say - when I had subutex (due to a serious infection, complicated, no drug abuse) - It was far easier to quit than this crap. It's 100% horseshit (sugar).

soy posted:

Hopefully your sugar intake is low that you fat adapt. The first week, especially about 5~ days in until about a week after was rough as I really just ran out of sugar energy and my body was just like "WTF AM I GONNA DO WITH JUST BACON?!?"

I just slept a lot, and ate more bacon.

Mmh yeah here is to hoping. Atm I am down to 0.5L of soda max per day- everything else is no go, no candy, chocolate or added sugar on food etc. - Before I had absurd intake of sugar. We are talking 10 cans of coke per day. Candy etc. It's a loving miracle I don't have diabetes or ended up looking like a marshmellow.

Uxzuigal fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Apr 28, 2016

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Going to gym.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
GMC? Couldn't even get a branded car had to go with the store label.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

Going to gym.

im the vein

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Uxzuigal posted:

No, I can honestly say - when I had subutex (due to a serious infection, complicated, no drug abuse) - It was far easier to quit than this crap. It's 100% horseshit (sugar).

Mmh yeah here is to hoping. Atm I am down to 0.5L of soda max per day- everything else is no go, no candy, chocolate or added sugar on food etc. - Before I had absurd intake of sugar. We are talking 10 cans of coke per day. Candy etc. It's a loving miracle I don't have diabetes or ended up looking like a marshmellow.

What kind of foods did you add sugar to?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
My gyms parking lot is getting insane.

This evening lineup was:

Matte black Lamborghini Aventador
Murdered out Nissan GT-R
Murdered out & paper plated Audi RS5 with insane rims.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Uxzuigal posted:

Goddamn, taper that poo poo. I bet you feel awful.

I blasted thighs tonight by SUPA SETTING squats and squat jumps. FEELS GOOD.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Chinatown posted:

My gyms parking lot is getting insane.

This evening lineup was:

Matte black Lamborghini Aventador
Murdered out Nissan GT-R
Murdered out & paper plated Audi RS5 with insane rims.

Sounds like somebody's going to equinox

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

My Q-Face posted:

Sounds like somebody's going to equinox

Crunch. My roommate goes to Equinox like twice a week and I laugh at how loving dumb that is.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I go to an independently owned gym with a 9 car parking lot between two row homes. It's usually a good day if I get a spot.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDBH1ouQLzA

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
keep in mind alotta soda got caffeine too so if you had 10 cans a day (whats wrong with you) youre gonna crash on yhe caffeine front as well

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
That's not an issue, we have coffee and sugar free soda these days.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
shut up nerd

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Taper caffeine too, you crack head.

Uxzuigal
Jan 16, 2013

Chill Berserker Dude

Fallows posted:

What kind of foods did you add sugar to?

Non, maybe pancakes on a rare occation, but some premade poo poo comes with added sugar - I skip that completely now. I rarely ate premade crap though. Mostly pure beef / chicken and some vegetables, fish etc.
I generaly eat rather healthy. Just cutting the sugar crap to see if it has any effect on inflamations etc. (arthitis).

Zzulu posted:

keep in mind alotta soda got caffeine too so if you had 10 cans a day (whats wrong with you) youre gonna crash on yhe caffeine front as well

Mm yeah, I still get caffeine though - replaced it with PWO (god knows if thats any good for you but atleast Im not a zombie).

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I love caffeine, it's my go-to drug.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
same, i take little caffeine pills before workouts. Some of my coworkers look at me like I am popping ecstasy or something when they hear abou tit

awww yeah that's the poo poo. One pill is like a cup of good coffees worth

they do basically nothing for me anymore since i have built up so much resistance to them. I guess I gotta take some sort of caffeine break... :negative:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Oof. Good luck with the caffeine withdrawals.

Uxzuigal
Jan 16, 2013

Chill Berserker Dude
Doing far better today actualy, but I got some sweet taste in my mouth which is rather annoying.

Had an amazing day at the gym as well, hardcore arm session, guns loaded :D

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
How in the heck do I get down to parallel without bowing my back?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im drinking a sugar free Monster right now suck my balls!!!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Oof. Good luck with the caffeine withdrawals.

i usually just get a little more tired jees

it's just caffeine

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

notZaar posted:

By pushing your butt back and flexing at the hips dude, this is like squatting 101

Uxzuigal
Jan 16, 2013

Chill Berserker Dude

notZaar posted:

You should probably get a spotter/someone who knows their poo poo to help you out so you don't gently caress your back. Go with just the barbell first to get the "movement" into your muscle memory etc.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Zzulu posted:

i usually just get a little more tired jees

it's just caffeine
You're lucky - I've had family members try to just cut down on caffeine and get headaches, migraines, cold sweat, etc.

I've never had a problem either, I guess we're just okay with caffeine?

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

You're lucky - I've had family members try to just cut down on caffeine and get headaches, migraines, cold sweat, etc.

I've never had a problem either, I guess we're just okay with caffeine?

yeah same, ive routinely gone from drinking 3-4 cups a day to drinking none for weeks on end :shrug:

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

I quit caffeine once and had massive headaches and was an insufferable prick for like 2 weeks. Won't be doing that again.

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!

notZaar posted:

Widening your stance and pushing out with your knees makes back rounding impossible. You don't have to be squatting like Louie Simmons or anything, just a couple inches wider :cool:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
caffeine is good for a satisfying bathroom sessions

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
My shoulders end up going almost as low as my hips, which remain above my knees. It looks extremely goofy.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

notZaar posted:

My shoulders end up going almost as low as my hips, which remain above my knees. It looks extremely goofy.

use less weight until you can do it right

abgushte badamjan
Apr 4, 2009

for butts??????

notZaar posted:

Keep your chest up ya big dummy.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
have one of those surgeries where they fuse your spine together then itll be straight alright hehe

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Zzulu posted:

same, i take little caffeine pills before workouts. Some of my coworkers look at me like I am popping ecstasy or something when they hear abou tit

awww yeah that's the poo poo. One pill is like a cup of good coffees worth

they do basically nothing for me anymore since i have built up so much resistance to them. I guess I gotta take some sort of caffeine break... :negative:

Crush them up and snort them. It hits you faster!

Don't actually do this

Nostratic posted:

I quit caffeine once and had massive headaches and was an insufferable prick for like 2 weeks. Won't be doing that again.

So what's your excuse now? :v:

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Got my last workout in before Season 6. See you fellas in a few weeks.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Apparently playing Hearthstone until 3am and getting 5 hours of sleep is the secret to hitting pr's.

Edit: does anybody think about biting the knurling on the bar really hard and grinding your teeth on it by dragging your head side to side? No reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Lemming posted:

Edit: does anybody think about biting the knurling on the bar really hard and grinding your teeth on it by dragging your head side to side? No reason

This is my warmup routine.

• Locked thread