Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Actually ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Alphys would be the best character in undertale if Papyrus didn't exist

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Such a good comic.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Karate Bastard posted:

Such a good comic.

I thought that sound effect was reserved for people coming out of stretchy-people shaped holes

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Karate Bastard posted:

Such a good comic.

the art is so bland though

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

No ring, 3/10 loss edit

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

man i dump dead skin everywhere and im never afraid of it

QuasarIntheMist
Sep 4, 2011

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

This is a weird rear end alien loss edit. We lack the references to understand the humor of the macroscopic bacteria people.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I think it works better if you swap the 2nd and 4th panel around.

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

She thinks I'm a haughty!

Mierenneuker posted:

I think it works better if you swap the 2nd and 4th panel around.

And then turn the portrait of the woman to the right side.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Ahh, that's the spice!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Aw I used to love Mitch Clem. What's he up to now?

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage

I don't get this.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Columbo's big thing was leaving the killer thinking he's got away with it, then at the last moment turning round and saying "just one more thing... how did you know the jewels were emeralds? I never said that", and the killer stitches themselves up, and Columbo smokes a cigar. Not always emeralds, that is just an example.

Bands, after finishing a set, will often play a bit more music, called an encore, and they might sometimes extend the last song, indicating to the audience that it's happening by shouting "one more time!"

The comic is drawing a comedic parallel between the phrase "one more time" and"one more thing", because the song is about Columbo, who famously used that latter phrase.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Peter Falk lived a real long time. I remember hearing him on the radio saying if Columbo was in Iraq he'd be all "oh okay you haven't seen osama that makes sense sure oh just one more thing" and I felt real sad he couldn't have died before the 9/11 age.

I misunderstood the denouement from an episode of columbo so badly as a child that for twenty years I was convinced there was a way to murder someone by decanting wine wrong when actually the fact that the guy never, loving never let anyone decant his wine was because he was a snob, and that he one time ever did let someone do it was because he had a murder to attend to which was just chucking a body in the ocean and coming back upstairs and trying not to grimace at how poo poo his colleague's decanting job was.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Unmature posted:

Aw I used to love Mitch Clem. What's he up to now?

He edits a zine called As You Were that is an anthology of strips from punk creators (he usually contributes a strip). I like it a bunch. He also had a kid a while back, so I think he mainly only does work that he actually gets paid for, like band fliers and such.

He's got a twitter

https://www.twitter.com/mitchclem

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Does anyone have a link to the comic about Cassandra? Thought I saw it here but now I can't find it. It was about the mythological figure whom no one would believe. She ended up abusing her power to take over the world or something by tell people the opposite of that.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Krinkle posted:

I misunderstood the denouement from an episode of columbo so badly as a child that for twenty years I was convinced there was a way to murder someone by decanting wine wrong when actually the fact that the guy never, loving never let anyone decant his wine was because he was a snob, and that he one time ever did let someone do it was because he had a murder to attend to which was just chucking a body in the ocean and coming back upstairs and trying not to grimace at how poo poo his colleague's decanting job was.

How do you decant wine wrong? What does that even mean?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Tiggum posted:

This should cover it pretty well

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Tiggum posted:

I think there's sediment you want to keep outta the drinking part but at the same time running it through a sieve would be outrageously crass so the trick is to pour it out so you don't get any sediment in the serving portion. And I thought the sediment under some weird situation was fatal and he let someone pour their own poo poo, gently caress it up, and choke to death going well poo poo I thought he knew about wine how was I to know he sucked? I mean I never saw the murder part I just saw Columbo harping about why he let the guy decant his own wine. Wasn't even the same guy. Columbo is real hard to follow if you miss watching the murder in the first place and are twelveeight? ten?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

You're being an arsehole and you're also wrong.

Krinkle posted:

I think there's sediment you want to keep outta the drinking part
I know why people decant wine, I just mean there's no great skill to it. You pour it from the bottle into a carafe to aerate the wine and so the sediment stays in the bottle and doesn't end up in your glass. I don't know how someone could do that wrong, except maybe by spilling it or something. In the context of the show it's fine, because I'm sure there are people who get really worked up about the imperceptible difference between the way one person pours and the way another does, but I was wondering if there was some specific thing that you can supposedly do to gently caress it up.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Not so much that you gently caress it up, but somehow gently caress it up SO BADLY that it ends with a dead body.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Krinkle posted:

That guy was Donald Pleasence! The episode is Season 3, Episode 2 "Any Old Port in a Storm", you can find it online if you have an hour and a half to spend on some childhood nostalgia.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That guy was Donald Pleasence! The episode is Season 3, Episode 2 "Any Old Port in a Storm", you can find it online if you have an hour and a half to spend on some childhood nostalgia.

Yeah for a while netflix the disc service didn't have certain episodes but when they uploaded to the digital streaming side I caught up and found out there's no way to decant a deadly brew of wine. That's exactly how I found out.

I mean googling wine decanting gone wrong just doesn't help I had to wait for them to cycle in all the season to figure it out.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Tiggum posted:

You're being an arsehole and you're also wrong.

I know why people decant wine, I just mean there's no great skill to it. You pour it from the bottle into a carafe to aerate the wine and so the sediment stays in the bottle and doesn't end up in your glass. I don't know how someone could do that wrong, except maybe by spilling it or something. In the context of the show it's fine, because I'm sure there are people who get really worked up about the imperceptible difference between the way one person pours and the way another does, but I was wondering if there was some specific thing that you can supposedly do to gently caress it up.

This is very comic:

http://lifehacker.com/5895929/hyperdecanting-means-better-wine-in-a-minute

I mean comedic.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

A Proper Uppercut has a new favorite as of 11:12 on May 4, 2016

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I choose not to believe this is an edit but rather that there is an actual manga about the minutiae of wine culture because that wouldn't surprise me at all

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

NotAnArtist posted:

I choose not to believe this is an edit but rather that there is an actual manga about the minutiae of wine culture because that wouldn't surprise me at all

Dare you click this link to find out?
http://truelovebyj.com/viewthread.php?tid=9208
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drops_of_God

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 16:06 on May 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

No way.

• Locked thread