Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

NC-17 posted:

I've seen pics of the Lions draft room before, and it always amazes me how many people they have sitting around doing nothing.

Well those are all Patriot's scouts in there :haw:

In the video you can see their board. They probably put a lot of work into that would be my guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I'm so happy that the Cowboys decided to ignore their secondary some more. Always go for the flashy pick who will provide diminished returns, Cowboys.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Browns did this too, must be a new trend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RthgXpWDv6A&t=32s

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Pron on VHS posted:

Chiefs apparently were trying to trade up to grab Treadwell last night

gently caress!!

I have to think the Panthers were probably eying one of the receivers too to pair with Benjamin and Ginn. Treadwell seemed like a solid idea. If the Chiefs were eying him, then he never would have fallen to Carolina at 30.

Either way, I'm fine with the idea of drafting BPA. Butler won't start, but DT is one of those positions where you have 3 starters at 2 spots because they rotate so much. It also gives us flexibility in negotiations with Kawaan Short. I really don't think we will lose him next season now that we have so much cap space, but you never know. Things change quickly. After the Super Bowl run in 2003, I thought for sure that our lineup of Peppers, Jenkins and Rucker would be the best in the league for years to come, but they never played an entire season together again because of injuries.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Knyteguy posted:

Well those are all Patriot's scouts in there :haw:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Slowpoke! posted:

I have to think the Panthers were probably eying one of the receivers too to pair with Benjamin and Ginn. Treadwell seemed like a solid idea. If the Chiefs were eying him, then he never would have fallen to Carolina at 30.

Either way, I'm fine with the idea of drafting BPA. Butler won't start, but DT is one of those positions where you have 3 starters at 2 spots because they rotate so much. It also gives us flexibility in negotiations with Kawaan Short. I really don't think we will lose him next season now that we have so much cap space, but you never know. Things change quickly. After the Super Bowl run in 2003, I thought for sure that our lineup of Peppers, Jenkins and Rucker would be the best in the league for years to come, but they never played an entire season together again because of injuries.

I don't think Gettleman would have gone after Treadwell. I think he was always gonna go :goondraft: and draft someone on the line. Apparently Dwan Edwards played 35% of defensive snaps last year :psyduck: and while we aigned Paul Sol..however you spell his last name, there was a need to get a young guy on the D-line. Too many games last year our D-line was gassed by the 4th quarter and then teams came back from the dead to put up a scare.

Even if Johnson never plays well again, if Butler gets good, KK can slide around the line if need be and a line with Butler, Lotulolei, KK, and a newly evolved pokemon in Ealy has sack potential.

Still, I feel like Paxton Lynch might be playing in week two after Mark Sanchez is sacrificed to KK and Ealy.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Catfish Noodlin posted:

Tackles playing Guards for their rookie season isn't that wacky. Jonathan Ogden did it, and I'm sure with Branden Albert being as injury-prone as he is that he'll end up starting LT pretty quickly.

Yeah I'm not understanding why people are acting like this is some new odd thing

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I wanted Vernon Butler or Treadwell or a good corner

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
"Are you excited?"

"... you don't sound excited" is the new Lions draft mantra

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Fans of other teams are unhappy that their team passed by and/or failed to trade up to get the player my team got. Some of those fans root for teams that were picking in the top ten. I am happy with this outcome.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Ehud posted:

I was not mentally prepared for Tunsil and I have no idea what to do with myself now

Please advise

I touched myself

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miami tried to trade up back into the 1st last night but the price was too steep, apparently. I'm curious if we try to grab one of the first 3 picks tonight.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Also, A+ thread title.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

BrownThunder posted:

The Bengals took that pick JUST to gently caress the Steelers. I cannot believe it

Just think: if you had lost that game, and joey porter didn't say the gently caress word a lot to the strip club shooter guy, and burfict didn't decapitate your entire offense ending both of our seasons, and i didn't piss my pants and then rub my pants on my face so now there's piss on my face, and if andy dalton was gay, and if i kissed andy with my piss mouth, you would have a pretty good corner.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
A first for a receiver with Smith would be a waste. He could never hit him or let him properly develop.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Lt. Frank Drebin posted:

Also, A+ thread title.

Indeed it's great.

I'm hoping for Colt 45 and Two Gas Masks, Draft Me That's All I Need for Day 2 Aftermath

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Parmesan Basil posted:

A first for a receiver with Smith would be a waste. He could never hit him or let him properly develop.
I thought Treadwell was somewhat similar to Bowe and knew there would be no way in hell Alex would ever target him.

Dorseys incompetence saved him last night. I sure hope they dont take the Kstate guard with Trex arms tonight!

Morse needs a Mizzou bro playing next to him :)

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

sirtommygunn posted:

Can someone point me in the direction of some analysis that shows why Darron Lee is good? I watched a couple of his games and it was mostly him standing perfectly still in shallow zones while the game just sort of happened around him. Failing that he was getting blocked out/running himself out of running plays. I saw one good sack from an inside rush but other than that it felt like he wasn't even on the field for long stretches of the game.

Overall feelings on the pick: :geno:
The RSP with Jene Bremel is super long but very informative. He doesn't quite have the polish a guy like Lavonte David had coming out but he does have that potential. Rangy linebackers that can stay on the field on 3rd down and cover TEs are only increasing in value with all the spread concepts in use.

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2016/04/22/rsp-film-room-no-82-lb-darron-lee-wjene-bramel/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2626093-ohio-states-darron-lee-is-ideal-modern-era-linebacker

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Pron on VHS posted:

I wanted a good corner

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I see a lot of Ernie Sims in Darron Lee.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Miami tried to trade up back into the 1st last night but the price was too steep, apparently. I'm curious if we try to grab one of the first 3 picks tonight.

Can definitely see it. Any of Jack, Ragland or Mackensie would be amazing gets.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

E_Motion posted:

Although what's the chance Ozzie grabs Ragland because BAMA?

100%, just watch it. I want Spence (preferably) or Dodd, but even if one of them is available along with Ragland, welp. I will be mad as gently caress

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

and if andy dalton was gay

:ssh:

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Apr 29, 2016

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Picking behind Miami blows

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
Had the Bears taken Leonard Floyd under a different coaching staff, I'd be mad about it. But Vic Fangio is a wizard and turns guys like Floyd into studs.

I'm not happy about trading up for him though, especially given all the defensive talents that slipped into the 2nd round, all of whom will probably be gone by time the Bears pick again.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe

Emanuel Collective posted:

Had the Bears taken Leonard Floyd under a different coaching staff, I'd be mad about it. But Vic Fangio is a wizard and turns guys like Floyd into studs.

I'm not happy about trading up for him though, especially given all the defensive talents that slipped into the 2nd round, all of whom will probably be gone by time the Bears pick again.

You'll make a boring loving OT pick in Round 2 like us and you'll be happy about it god drat it

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

McStabby
Jun 26, 2007

LANA!!! CRUUUUUSH!
The best commentary yesterday: "I'm not an expert on smoking weed, but..."

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

kill all white people

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
https://twitter.com/CandiceMoody/status/725859441589907459 #MyQuarterback

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I have no idea why the Texans traded up to take Fuller

At that point you can stand pat and get either him of Treadwell and be fine with it. I don't get it

I don't like the Fuller pick, I'm sure you could get Ted Ginn for less than the cost of a first rounder

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Intruder posted:

I have no idea why the Texans traded up to take Fuller

At that point you can stand pat and get either him of Treadwell and be fine with it. I don't get it

I don't like the Fuller pick, I'm sure you could get Ted Ginn for less than the cost of a first rounder

When can you pick him up?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

When can you pick him up?

Well we don't need him anymore, we have our very own Ted Ginn now

e: lol at these Texans fans I'm seeing trying to justify it. Sure his hands are made of stone, but he's SO FAST

Dat 14% drop rate, so sexy

Intruder fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Apr 29, 2016

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Intruder posted:

Well we don't need him anymore, we have our very own Ted Ginn now

Goondolences

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

DeAndre Hopkins had a drop rate of 1.6% as a pro in 2015, Fuller had a 14% drop rate in college, it's going to be a big adjustment period for me

A lot of people said the Texans can't take Treadwell because he's basically DeAndre Hopkins, to which I say SO loving WHAT WHO WOULDN'T LOVE TO HAVE TWO HOPKINS

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Intruder posted:

DeAndre Hopkins had a drop rate of 1.6% as a pro in 2015, Fuller had a 14% drop rate in college, it's going to be a big adjustment period for me

A lot of people said the Texans can't take Treadwell because he's basically DeAndre Hopkins, to which I say SO loving WHAT WHO WOULDN'T LOVE TO HAVE TWO HOPKINS

My head hurts now

Mansfield
Feb 21, 2005
will never be able to kill the Grimace
Man, I was super disappointed in the Cowboys taking Zeke and sleeping on it did not help. I guess they're thinking they're gonna 2014-it up again and just keep their sad-boy defense off the field but everything about this screams "i want to win now and I don't care if its a piss-poor allocation of resources" which is totally a thing well-run teams do, right guys?

right?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
After sleeping on it, I'm even saltier about the Joseph pick. He's too small, going to take a lot of flags at the next level, and I'm not sure how he's going to be in coverage. I don't get it at all. Hopefully he at least becomes a solid starter.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Volkerball posted:

After sleeping on it, I'm even saltier about the Joseph pick. He's too small, going to take a lot of flags at the next level, and I'm not sure how he's going to be in coverage. I don't get it at all. Hopefully he at least becomes a solid starter.

Go watch Bob Sanders tape and that will give you the best possible scenario

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Im upset too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Metapod posted:

My head hurts now

Because you disagree with the assessment on Treadwell or because of the reasoning?

Treadwell has a lot more drops than Hopkins and I don't know much about him aside from scouting reports so I'll defer on judgement (Daltos?), I just think that's a ridiculous reason to say you can't take someone. Oh we already have a Jerry Rice, we can't take another one!

e: el oh loving el

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/725875429899423744

Intruder fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Apr 29, 2016

• Locked thread