Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

kater posted:

Ahahaha, the flashforward from earlier in the season they put in not only doesn't make sense from how either Olly or Blonde Lady were acting seconds earlier, it doesn't make sense from where The Flash is at either.

Arrow inexplicably took a break for a week and at least it would have been closer in time to Barry losing his powers so you could say he popped over to Star City right before the whole Zoom deal.

The CW needs to get its poo poo together. Multiple crossover moments have been out of sync because of their seemingly random scheduling and I didn't even know that iZombie had a two hour finale until I went to watch it because the show ended before any other show this season and the finale started an hour earlier than the show normally airs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I don't know how much of an excuse this is, but the CW is not hoarding the remaining episodes. They only just finished filming the season, and it takes at least a couple of weeks to do the post-production work. They had to take a break when they did so they wouldn't run out of episodes to air during May sweeps.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So...anyone wanna tell me what the point of Oliver outing Laurel as BC was?

I mean it's a pretty stupid move, considering that someone can piece together who the rest of Team Arrow is, and that's before mentioning all the cases that Laurel handled as ADA that are going to be blown open again because of conflict of interest.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Scyantific posted:

So...anyone wanna tell me what the point of Oliver outing Laurel as BC was?

I mean it's a pretty stupid move, considering that someone can piece together who the rest of Team Arrow is, and that's before mentioning all the cases that Laurel handled as ADA that are going to be blown open again because of conflict of interest.

It was to preserve her memory and make it clear that the BC running around trying to murder the mayor was a fake.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not like the police or DA ever received evidence from any of the vigilantes.

They always find some way to legitimize the evidence first. Plus what does Ollie care if some people get out, he'll just go beat them up again.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm still curious who rebuilt the sonic thing. Too bad nobody asked.

Also, did Laurel have any known associates that aren't involved in super heroing?

I miss the arrow smashing in windows and declaring that somebody's failed the city.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Huh. So they really, really, really wanted to let us now that Laurel is 100%, no room for error, dead. Felt like they slightly overdid it there with the morgue scene.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
and if they hadn't brought somebody back from decomposition, I might believe them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They've already established there's more than one pit.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

There's always another pit.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Yeah, that pit is where the quality of this season is at

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...

Carlosologist posted:

Yeah, that pit is where the quality of this season is at

:boom:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Why the hell does Laurel wear high heels when she's hanging around her apartment by herself?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I feel like this thread title is misleading. After this weeks episode for sure it has got CWitis. Ugh. It was going so well.

McSpanky posted:

Ahahahaha, that can't be real but somehow it is: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2373535/

No it's 100% real. The guy's real name is William Weed. I forget the reason why he got the nickname Speed Weed.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Apr 29, 2016

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Why the hell does Laurel wear high heels when she's hanging around her apartment by herself?

Sometimes a girl just wants to feel pretty.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

ChickenMedium posted:

"You can't murder Ruve Dahrk, the Black Canary would never do that!"
I'm getting real sick of this dumb "no murder" rule.

Aphrodite posted:

they don't know her level of involvement with the plan like the audience does.
They know (or should know) she's pretty heavily involved. Her running for mayor is pretty clearly part of Dhahrhkhe's plan even without the few behind-the-scenes snippets we've seen.

Martout posted:

Yeah what the hell, I thought the shows were supposed to be in sync?
Yeah, that was just weird. At first I thought "Oh, he couldn't get there in time for the funeral because he had to take the train or something" but nope, this apparently takes place after Barry gets his powers back (whenever that's going to be), like how the Supergirl crossover also happened on the wrong week.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

It was to preserve her memory and make it clear that the BC running around trying to murder the mayor was a fake.
Preserve the memory of the Black Canary at the expense of the memory of Laurel Lance. Black Canary is an anonymous vigilante and everyone who could possibly care about her reputation being ruined by the new one already knew they were different people. And most people probably now assume both the previous Canaries were Laurel. I can't remember if Sara did anything that would have made Laurel look bad, but it certainly muddies the waters a bit.

OB_Juan posted:

I'm still curious who rebuilt the sonic thing. Too bad nobody asked.
Yeah, it was really weird how they made a big deal about that but then just completely forgot about it.

OB_Juan posted:

I miss the arrow smashing in windows and declaring that somebody's failed the city.
Season one was a much better show.

Wolvorine
Nov 15, 2011

I am not drawing that.

Hollismason posted:

I feel like this thread title is misleading. After this weeks episode for sure it has got CWitis. Ugh. It was going so well.

No it's 100% real. The guy's real name is William Weed. I forget the reason why he got the nickname Speed Weed.

If comics has taught me anything, it's that a name like William Weed means he will get powers and (probably) become a villain using his name as some kind of pun or allusion. My guess is he can grow & control marijuana at incredible speeds.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
One more thing that keeps pissing me off:

- You have to kill him.
- Dhrakh got his magic back, I don't know how to beat him.
- Can't you just call Vixen again, that worked the last ti
- I SAID I DON'T KNOW HOW TO BEAT HIM.

God damnit, show.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Krad posted:

One more thing that keeps pissing me off:

- You have to kill him.
- Dhrakh got his magic back, I don't know how to beat him.
- Can't you just call Vixen again, that worked the last ti
- I SAID I DON'T KNOW HOW TO BEAT HIM.

God damnit, show.

It's not like she cast Anti-Magic Field on the area or anything. She helped them figure out what gave Dhahrhkh his powers, then, on the actual "take him down" mission, just sorta acted as another parkour-capable pair of hands.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
She was the one who broke the idol though, not sure how they're going to deal with that without Vixen. I guess Felicity can hack it and turn it off or something.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Krad posted:

She was the one who broke the idol though, not sure how they're going to deal with that without Vixen. I guess Felicity can hack it and turn it off or something.

Felicity's still rich, right? She can pay to have it locked away in a high security vault in an undisclosed location.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Arrow was delayed three weeks so I think it actually took place before Flash lost his powers.

Also, you have bomb arrows, ever think of shooting the idol with a bomb arrow?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Krad posted:

She was using the power of a gorilla or something, though.

Put that loving thing in a pneumatic press and scatter the pieces.

Writh
Dec 31, 2008

Big D's chillin' over here, wasteland style

10 Beers posted:

I agree with this, the only snag I could see them pulling out is; "Did it get smashed because she had gorilla strength or because she MAGICALLY has gorilla strength." They totally seem to be on that whole, only magic can fight magic kind of logic. They really should have had her bash it into more pieces. Hide a bunch of pieces with costumed/powered friends and then just randomly drop the rest at different locals on the planet. Throw a piece in the ocean, catch a plain to chine and drop a piece in a crowded street, hell have Barry leave a piece on another earth. They have the means maybe they are just lazy and stupid which is what I have assumed since season 3 nose dived the series.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Barry wouldn't be down for helping unless he got to murder someone along the way. Preferably someone from Earth 2.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Hermetic posted:

It's not like she cast Anti-Magic Field on the area or anything. She helped them figure out what gave Dhahrhkh his powers, then, on the actual "take him down" mission, just sorta acted as another parkour-capable pair of hands.

Then they need Roy, and his parkour-capable feet.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Codependent Poster posted:

Barry wouldn't be down for helping unless he got to murder someone along the way. Preferably someone from Earth 2.

That's how I think of Barry at the moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBUZFPv1fHA&t=251s

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Codependent Poster posted:

He's okay with inducing suicide if they're from Earth-1.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

10 Beers posted:

Yeah, but then someone will find the magical head gem and a shard and use them to reverse engineer a new idol, only that one will be made of mimetic polyalloy.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Have Barry take to National City and get Kara to chuck it into the sun.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

howe_sam posted:

Have Barry take to National City and get Kara to chuck it into the sun.

Wouldn't work. Not enough thrust.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Writh posted:

I agree with this, the only snag I could see them pulling out is; "Did it get smashed because she had gorilla strength or because she MAGICALLY has gorilla strength." They totally seem to be on that whole, only magic can fight magic kind of logic. They really should have had her bash it into more pieces. Hide a bunch of pieces with costumed/powered friends and then just randomly drop the rest at different locals on the planet. Throw a piece in the ocean, catch a plain to chine and drop a piece in a crowded street, hell have Barry leave a piece on another earth. They have the means maybe they are just lazy and stupid which is what I have assumed since season 3 nose dived the series.

Yep. That's the exact thing I said they should've done when that episode happened. They're just lazy and needed an easy way for Dhark to get his powers back.

Phylodox posted:

Yeah, but then someone will find the magical head gem and a shard and use them to reverse engineer a new idol, only that one will be made of mimetic polyalloy.
If someone's that dedicated, they deserve magic powers.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

howe_sam posted:

Have Barry take to National City and get Kara to chuck it into the sun. Dharke to earth 2 and leave him. He can chill with Grodd.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

10 Beers posted:

Just split it into three places, and let some Aztec guys guard it. Impenetrable.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

OB_Juan posted:

It was a simpler happier time then, with poignant flashbacks and coherent plot

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Technically both of those happened this episode.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Aphrodite posted:

Technically both of those happened this episode.

That's what made me think of it.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
That episode was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. Poor loving Lance though, he's seen multiple people come back from the dead, seen Constantine show up and do some magic and then gets to see that the rules don't apply to him. At least he knows he still has one daughter out there somewhere.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The most heartbreaking thing is when he finally comes to terms with it at the funeral when he sees Mama Lance in the same denial he was in.

Paul Blackthorne is too good for this show :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Papa Lance's breakdown as well as Diggle's were the only good things that episode had going for it. Everything else was kinda trash.

• Locked thread