Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I love that the first half of the new alliance raid is basically the exact opposite of Void Ark. It also looks really cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Blockhouse posted:

So which Black Shroud dungeon is going to get turned into the Twin Adders bloodsport/training ground

Last I checked, totorak is already in

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Please no new scrip, I can only take so much painful gated grinding to my nether regions and I'm capped at the pitiful amount of red scrip.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Yokai Watch? Bizarre.

And map from dungeons? Maybe I should go gathering for some quick cash.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I don't know anything about Yokai watch but those weapons are adorable. :kimchi:

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
The youkai watch stuff is pure garbage; it's ugly, it's immersion-breaking and it sullies the game's (mostly) cohesive aesthetic.
That might seem a frivolous complaint, when we're talking about an MMO already filled with particle effect weapons/armor and enemy models ripped wholesale from other Final Fantasy titles, but this is in blatant disregard for FFXIV's extant set of design principles and is a general hallmark for a self-destructive slippery-slope that has in the past ruined better games.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Technogeek posted:

The youkai watch stuff is pure garbage; it's ugly, it's immersion-breaking and it sullies the game's (mostly) cohesive aesthetic.
That might seem a frivolous complaint, when we're talking about an MMO already filled with particle effect weapons/armor and enemy models ripped wholesale from other Final Fantasy titles, but this is in blatant disregard for FFXIV's extant set of design principles and is a general hallmark for a self-destructive slippery-slope that has in the past ruined better games.

drat, just one missing word would make this quote perfect.

Verisimilitude.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I like every single weapon they showed. If I had to pick a least favourite, i'd go with AST's just because it doesn't have the same impact as the others and looks kind of boring, but i'd still want it.

Time to level MNK I guess.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

youkai watch is cool and good that they decided to do

it's been a while since we had something stupid and just fun added to the game

particularly good at that it's born out of the bromance of hino and yoshida

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
:3: hino made yoshi his own youkai disk

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

I loving love the nerd rear end people running this nerd rear end game. :kimchi:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

If only I was playing when they were doing the Dragon Quest collob because I would be decked in baby rpg gear

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Is there a gallery or video of all this stuff?

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tortolia posted:

Is there a gallery or video of all this stuff?

http://imgur.com/a/e47Zc

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Is this a seasonal event? Cause I want all of those weapons.

That MCH gun is amazing.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
he's the reincarnation of a drunken salaryman!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Everything about this crossover is wonderful and gently caress the OF haters even if they are ironyposting.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I don't understand what's going on with any of this. Is this an anime thing?

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

That SCH book. :3:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Mr. Nice! posted:

I don't understand what's going on with any of this. Is this an anime thing?

Yokai Watch is basically some pokemon poo poo. Or that's what I get from hearing my 6 year old talk about it.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

dreffen posted:

Yokai Watch is basically some pokemon poo poo. Or that's what I get from hearing my 6 year old talk about it.

Basically it's the closest thing to being the new Pokemon that anything ever has been

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

It's pokemon with Japanese spirits which is the best

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I had to google it to realize you guys weren't getting excited about a bracelet glamour

I don't think I'm the target audience for this crossover but that's ok, there's other cool stuff in the patch too, not everything has to be for me

I guess :(

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I was never a pokemon fan or really big into anime so a lot of these things pass me by too, Ainsley. I do really love challenging fights, seeing bigger numbers, and killing things so they've done enough to keep me happy for the past couple of years.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Technogeek posted:

You are not, and never will be, considered a healer of any capacity at all. You're nothing but a glorified DPS that shrugs off all responsibility of the role to the other, infinitely more competent healer while you're off in your own little world spamming dps abilities and occasionally throwing up an Adlo if the stars align and it's necessary. No strategy, no planning, if things go tits up you don't even have the healing power to salvage the raid, you just roll over and die.

But that's just what I've seen from every Scholar I've ever met from 2.5 to now, so I guess people enjoy pretending to be a DPS.

The downside being...?

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
I dunno what this dumb anime promotion is but I am glad that they're willing to constantly give out dope as gently caress mounts with holiday events.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
Cute dumb stuff is cool. I want that Scooty Puff Jr.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah I'm not familiar with the whole Yokai watch thing but the designs are cute and I love crossover events in general. Also that mount looks like a carnival ride :3:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I've never cared about Yokai Watch but most of those weapons look insanely badass, especially the DRK sword.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Those claws sure are something.:stare:

Mount is amazing, gonna ride that on my Roe all day.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

The three tank weapons are insanely good and fit surprisingly well into the game.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
lol

NT Plus
Nov 30, 2011

Kid just rages for a while.
Is it too late to get into this game? If not, where do all the goons live?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

NT Plus posted:

Excalibur and it's never too late.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

They do catch up mechanics like every other big content patch. At worst, if you put the effort in, you'll only ever be a bit behind the most hardcore raiders and at best you could actually join them.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

https://twitter.com/warcraft/status/726025418864791552

https://twitter.com/ff_xiv_en/status/726088291162820608

Whose ready for the next crossover after Yokai and Phantasy Star?

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

NT Plus posted:

Check the OP for a link to the recruit-a-friend thread so you and another goon can get a bunch of goodies just for entering a code when you try the game.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

This is kind of cute. :shobon:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
i love brands interacting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Kuvo posted:

i love brands interacting

Same. This is amazing hahaha

• Locked thread