Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

You should start playing again and join the next covenant you find after Pontiff. Fun is guaranteed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Dual swords and knight slayers ring (increases stamina used to block) is some epic win

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

even though i upgraded the sellsword twinblades to be less bad i still like astora and hollowslayer great sword better

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ne straight swords with better than d scaling ? edit in dex

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

My favorite person in the game is the guy writing messages that say Could this be a mount? in front of various NPCs and dead bodies

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Dual swords and knight slayers ring (increases stamina used to block) is some epic win

warden twinblades build bleed, too. there's little more satisfying than building bleed by thwacking a shield then activating it on the riposte after you break guard

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

ne straight swords with better than d scaling ? edit in dex

lothric knight sword is c i think, maybe even be. at +10

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

My favorite person in the game is the guy writing messages that say Could this be a mount? in front of various NPCs and dead bodies

that's an NPC, you meet him in a gay man's rear end lmao got ya

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

this should be updated.

I may have missed where you posted yours because I didn't see it but hardly anyone else said anything so I sorta gave up

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Ive never done it, I usually only do the forest invasion style covenant they have in every game, like the bell tower and such.

The wolf covenant is designed to be abandoned extremely quickly and there's a lategame version of it which actually has people in the covenant

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

been able to consistently oneshot pontiff. hes an awesome boss, with a great twist. this game is glorious. i whine about the little things but holy poo poo it is just so fantastic in every way

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

pontiff spoiler

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Homework Explainer posted:

warden twinblades build bleed, too. there's little more satisfying than building bleed by thwacking a shield then activating it on the riposte after you break guard

My man

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
holy poo poo. NK is down, shieldless, and without a phantom. probably one of the best rushes i've ever gotten on a boss victory. the last 20 seconds without estus at a quarter of my health bar was so loving tense, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16Ta4Kh1nsE

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I want to use the manikin claws but they're so slow.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i think it should be illegal to dress up as an npc and then not use their weapon. im sick and tired of these estoc atroiases and fume greatsword solaires!! gently caress them!!!!!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Dancer is such a good fight .... she basically moves in slow-motion and that almost makes things harder because it throws off your timing with dodges and stuff. Probably tied with Pontiff for my favorite so far but I'm not done w the game yet

edit: shes really weak to bleed damage though..... two shots from that second-tier version of the gnaw miracle fucks her up bad and procs bleeding which does like 680 damage. it's got great range and homing and she's not very dangerous at a distance so if u got the stats to run it it's a great way to get some big damage in. I'm not using any bleed weapons but I assume they'd do good work too

goferchan fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Apr 29, 2016

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bleed is amazing in general now

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

yeah the warden blades made short work of dancer. it was a really good fight and i'm looking forward to doing it on ng+ when she has more health

e: carthus rouge is a godsend and trivializes a lot of enemies and bosses who bleed. can't recommend it enough if you've got a weapon that has a bleed effect

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the gotthard twinswords are really good

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

i kinda want to use them on my next character, but they're late in the game, and i'm worried they're going to be nerfed before i get to them

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

i kinda want to use them on my next character, but they're late in the game, and i'm worried they're going to be nerfed before i get to them

1.06 only changed their L1 (uses more stamina but also does more damage)

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

L1 L2 R2 combo really owns if you can catch someone with it

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kild posted:

1.06 only changed their L1 (uses more stamina but also does more damage)

Wait, they buffed the damage on the Gotthards' L1, too? I kinda figured they were only doing that on other twinblades because everyone's clamoring for the Gotthards to be nerfed about as fast as the Dark Sword.

Fantastic news, though. I rarely used more than one L1 in a row with those because the second attack in the L1 chain is a really slow thrust. L1 into L2 is great, or R1 into L1 works pretty well too if you don't want to spend FP. So this change is basically a straight-up buff to how I use the Gotthards. I love these swords. (Also they didn't touch the L2 at all? Because the L2 into R2 combo is bonkers good.)

Soral posted:

i think it should be illegal to dress up as an npc and then not use their weapon. im sick and tired of these estoc atroiases and fume greatsword solaires!! gently caress them!!!!!

Is it ok to wear Leonhard's coat and mask but use twinswords instead of his curved magic sword thing? Asking for a friend :ohdear:

Harrow fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Apr 29, 2016

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Harrow posted:

Wait, they buffed the damage on the Gotthards' L1, too? I kinda figured they were only doing that on other twinblades because everyone's clamoring for the Gotthards to be nerfed about as fast as the Dark Sword.

Fantastic news, though. I rarely used more than one L1 in a row with those because the second attack in the L1 chain is a really slow thrust. L1 into L2 is great, or R1 into L1 works pretty well too if you don't want to spend FP. So this change is basically a straight-up buff to how I use the Gotthards. I love these swords. (Also they didn't touch the L2 at all? Because the L2 into R2 combo is bonkers good.)

Is it ok to wear Leonhard's coat and mask but use twinswords instead of his curved magic sword thing? Asking for a friend :ohdear:

PC doesn't have the 1.06 patch yet but PS4 ppl are saying all twin weapons got a changed L1.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

holy poo poo. NK is down, shieldless, and without a phantom. probably one of the best rushes i've ever gotten on a boss victory. the last 20 seconds without estus at a quarter of my health bar was so loving tense, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16Ta4Kh1nsE

The Hollowslayer Greatsword has the perfect moveset for that first phase, jeez.

Kild posted:

PC doesn't have the 1.06 patch yet but PS4 ppl are saying all twin weapons got a changed L1.

Well, I hope they're right, because that sounds great.

On the reddits someone also said that sorcery got a buff--not to damage, but soul arrows/spears track a lot better now, which seems like a helpful change.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

This whole game is just a massive beta test for the DLC

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Benny D posted:

This whole game is just a massive beta test for the DLC

that's how every game should be.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I just discovered that when you're knocked down you can also use L1 to get up and attack instead of r1

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Champion Gundyr has been making me say Sheesh!! a lot at my computer

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

even though i upgraded the sellsword twinblades to be less bad i still like astora and hollowslayer great sword better

The Hollowslayer GS has a perfect moveset.. well the weapon art doesn't seem that great but it's hard to use anything but it.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I got summoned into some fight clubs in Iritytll yesterday and it's pretty fun.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
did y'all see this one

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Champion Gundyr has been making me say Sheesh!! a lot at my computer

He is a powerful boss and the one time in this game I felt like trying to swing my weapon more than once between attack chains was going to get my killed. Just gotta take it slow, roll and slash once and then roll some more.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It's about time for us to have an imp zone fight club imo.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It's about time for us to have an imp zone fight club imo.

id like to slay some nerds

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm probably going to get back to this big time this weekend if I can pull myself out of my mapgame induced fugue state and would do some fighting.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

net cafe scandal posted:

The Hollowslayer GS has a perfect moveset.. well the weapon art doesn't seem that great but it's hard to use anything but it.

i like with one handy you go sweepy but two hand that bad boy you get the uppy downy

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Wow the silence miracle works on bosses lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Does the ring the makes footsteps silent make oceiros not able to find you he's blind

• Locked thread