Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

greatn posted:

If you need a reminder to stay off NeoGaf, some guy claimed his friend who works at the amd fab plant in new York told him they screwed up and accidentally sent Nintendo Xbox 1.5 chips, and that's why the NX is delayed because that made it hard to get out dev kits.

And half the thread believes it.

If that was true then wouldn't AMD be sued to hell and back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

greatn posted:

If you need a reminder to stay off NeoGaf, some guy claimed his friend who works at the amd fab plant in new York told him they screwed up and accidentally sent Nintendo Xbox 1.5 chips, and that's why the NX is delayed because that made it hard to get out dev kits.

And half the thread believes it.

Good job spreading that bad rumor, I guess.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
E-Shop codes:

Affordable Space Adventures: B0LXC5SY3FNH7SPR

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse: B0LGG62017V04LXD

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Yesssssssss, secured my order for #FE

I can't wait for the song book :allears:

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

Astro7x posted:

You have a backlog of games and the kid hasn't even came yet? Oh boy...

My baby boy won't be born until mid-late September if he behaves, so I still have time. But here's the backlog I currently have, I got a lot of work ahead of me lol:

Star Fox Zero
Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam (Maybe halfway through)
All of the Wii U and 3ds games from the new Humble Bundle

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Jonny_Rocket posted:

My baby boy won't be born until mid-late September if he behaves, so I still have time. But here's the backlog I currently have, I got a lot of work ahead of me lol:

Star Fox Zero

First time parent? you have a good 3 months after that of him just sleeping, koala that kid on your chest and game away.

So maybe play star fox first with heavy movement motion control.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Apr 29, 2016

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Lmao I've been busy this week and I just learned the NX /Zelda news. Can't wait to play another 3d Zelda that feels half-assed and rushed despite being delayed for years. At least in 2017 we'll finally get to see Nintendo's take on the 2011 Skyrim craze.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh poo poo TMS special edition is up

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

First time parent? you have a good 3 months after that of him just sleeping, koala that kid on your chest and game away.

So maybe play star fox first with heavy movement motion control.

Great idea

Second time parent, but this'll be a completely new experience for me. Not to get too much into personal details but I lost my first son because he was born with a heart condition HLHS and was in the hospital for the majority of his six months of life. This new little guy looks to be perfectly healthy though! :)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

at least nintendo was nice enough to take the year off in a span of time where almost infinite good poo poo for the other consoles and PC is coming out. I'd expect them to at least go into crunch time with their virtual console releases given the dead zone for 2016 but I won't bank on it, since VC has been handled by a madman

Spellman
May 31, 2011

So for the extremely niche audience of people who like video game pinball, there's a free download on the eShop for The Pinball Arcade, with ingame options to purchase the tables individually if you like their trials. I like it a lot more than Zen Pinball so far because there's a lot less poo poo on screen loving with your eyes, and the ball really stands out from the table. I think some of these machines are based on real ones, so it's all mechanical things that can only happen on real machines. You even get to control the launcher with the right joystick, so you can do skill shots out of the gate.

The menu design is very bare bones and the graphic design sucks, but the actual tables are really good, and feel really real. I bought a table from season 5 and it's so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLnXB71pC9o

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Unless something changed recently, all of the tables in Pinball Arcade exist in real life and have been carefully copied down to their physics, quirks, audio recordings and whatnot. If you like pinball is the best stuff you can put your money in digitally.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

FirstAidKite posted:

What's keeping nintendo from porting over the good virtual boy game anyway

3ds 3d ghosts hard when the screen's black and, well, one of the virtual boy's two colors are black so i wouldn't really wanna play those games on 3ds anyway

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I must have terrible luck with FE special editions because I just missed the window for #FE special edition

I went to pre-order Robobot and discovered all the Kirby series amiibo are unavailable too. I thought the amiibo craze was supposed to die down already.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I must have terrible luck with FE special editions because I just missed the window for #FE special edition

I went to pre-order Robobot and discovered all the Kirby series amiibo are unavailable too. I thought the amiibo craze was supposed to die down already.

The Kirby amiibo line has not gone up for preorder yet in America. If you want, though, you can order them from Amazon.jp

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

jivjov posted:

The Kirby amiibo line has not gone up for preorder yet in America. If you want, though, you can order them from Amazon.jp

The Kirby amiibo line has gone up for preorder in America. I've preordered it a week or two ago and even said so in this thread.

E: Well in the Amiibo thread. Still!

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

jivjov posted:

You're slipping buddy, I've got a preorder receipt from Best Buy from 3/22

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Fawf posted:

You're slipping buddy, I've got a preorder receipt from Best Buy from 3/22

I just haven't been paying as much attention to US preorders because...well...

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Spellman posted:

So for the extremely niche audience of people who like video game pinball, there's a free download on the eShop for The Pinball Arcade
pinball arcade is the best. they are all real tables and are actually emulating the real game roms. i play on steam. i highly recommend going into options when you open a table and turning room brightness way down and bulb brightness way up

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Spellman posted:

So for the extremely niche audience of people who like video game pinball, there's a free download on the eShop for The Pinball Arcade, with ingame options to purchase the tables individually if you like their trials. I like it a lot more than Zen Pinball so far because there's a lot less poo poo on screen loving with your eyes, and the ball really stands out from the table. I think some of these machines are based on real ones, so it's all mechanical things that can only happen on real machines. You even get to control the launcher with the right joystick, so you can do skill shots out of the gate.

The menu design is very bare bones and the graphic design sucks, but the actual tables are really good, and feel really real. I bought a table from season 5 and it's so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLnXB71pC9o

There was a Starship Troopers pinball? That's loving cool.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yep! it's a tough one but i like it a lot despite being somewhat sparse with playfield features

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Jonny_Rocket posted:

Star Fox Zero

Congrats man, glad to hear it!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Speaking of, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse and Affordable Space Adventures are both among the pricier eShop games (I think they're still both $20?) so if you have any interest in them whatsoever you should buy the bundle while it's available.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Is there a homebrew thread or is that a no go?

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

Congrats man, glad to hear it!

Thank you :)

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Speaking of, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse and Affordable Space Adventures are both among the pricier eShop games (I think they're still both $20?) so if you have any interest in them whatsoever you should buy the bundle while it's available.

Absolutely agree, I would also add Retro City Rampage to that list, it's quite fun! It certainly has a lot of charm and fun NES references

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the problem with retro city rampage is that all the things it references are better than it

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Monolith. posted:

Is there a homebrew thread or is that a no go?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759546

Awesome! posted:

the problem with retro city rampage is that all the things it references are better than it

It's almost impressive how it references pretty much every famous or infamous NES game.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I don't really love it but its also like 20kb so I don't mind leaving it on on my 3DS or Vita to pop into whenever.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I said come in! posted:

Same, I don't think it will be the future of gaming, just another failed trend like motion gaming was.

There's a major difference in enjoyability between "wave a hand onscreen" and "oh poo poo, that's my hand moving about in front of me and I can reach out to pick that thing up off the table, or punch that dude".

Lemming posted:

It is the future because it works good instead of bad

There's waaay too much money dumped into it by multiple major tech companies for it not to wind up being A Thing now. The worst it can probably do is wind up a niche market now due to the high entry price and turn mainstream in a few years as they're able to build the headsets cheaper.

Is there any idea as to when they're going to be adding the extra games promised by the bundle page? Is it a minimum sales threshold or something?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

its always the next tuesday after it starts

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
VR will always be a non starter if you have kids because you can't safely isolate yourself when you have a kid, and you can't isolate yourself and leave your spouse to handle all the poo poo and have a healthy marriage.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

vr kids. vr spouse.

i am ready

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i'm delighted to announce that star fox zero is good and i'm not really seeing where the control problems are??

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Looper posted:

i'm delighted to announce that star fox zero is good and i'm not really seeing where the control problems are??

People don't want to learn new controls because that requires effort.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Splatoon's getting new amiibo: Callie & Marie (tap to watch the splatfest dances and other performances, including a new song exclusive to each sister) plus limited-edition recolours of the boy/girl/squid; they'll be out in varying configurations in both NA and Europe on July 8.

NOA trailer!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP3CPiSOBRs

Callie & Marie are a double-pack, $24.99.

Alt-colour Boy/Girl inkling are available individually, $13.99 each.

The Alt-Girl/Alt-Boy/Alt-Squid bundle is $34.99 and looks to be the only way to get the alt-squid.

They're all out on July 8.

...and NOE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxpPBaCLGPs

Europe's get the same config as Japan: individual Callie & Marie plus a double-pack, and individual alt-boy/alt-girl/alt-squid in limited quantities. Out July 8, no price listed.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Splatoon's getting new amiibo: Callie & Marie (tap to watch the splatfest dances and other performances, including a new song exclusive to each sister) plus limited-edition recolours of the boy/girl/squid; they'll be out in varying configurations in both NA and Europe on July 8.

NOA trailer!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP3CPiSOBRs

Callie & Marie are a double-pack, $24.99.

Alt-colour Boy/Girl inkling are available individually, $13.99 each.

The Alt-Girl/Alt-Boy/Alt-Squid bundle is $34.99 and looks to be the only way to get the alt-squid.

They're all out on July 8.

...and NOE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxpPBaCLGPs

Europe's get the same config as Japan: individual Callie & Marie plus a double-pack, and individual alt-boy/alt-girl/alt-squid in limited quantities. Out July 8, no price listed.

I am an open book to Nintendo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Looper posted:

It looks like fun and I think a lot of people are overreacting to the control scheme. That jim sterling vid was laughable because he kept going on about how awful they are because buttons exist for a reason even though iirc he liked the gyro controls in splatoon so idk why messing with control schemes for 3rd person shooters is fine but for rail shooters it's not fine.

Speaking of splatoon:

Those amiibos look neat. Do they actually do anything besides show you dances though, and are the recolors just recolors or do they have unique challenge missions going with them?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

FirstAidKite posted:

Those amiibos look neat. Do they actually do anything besides show you dances though, and are the recolors just recolors or do they have unique challenge missions going with them?

Nope, I think that's all they do. I guess it was for the best: People were rather vocal about "on-disk DLC" amiibo.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Well that bites, I was hoping if they were gonna make the amiibo that they'd at least offer something new like new costumes or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Theta Zero posted:

People don't want to learn new controls because that requires effort.

I was fine with wanting to learn new controls and even said as much before launch. They're just kind of a hassle and the laser being inaccurate by default just kinda seals it.

You can get the hang of it yeah and I'm doing better then when I started but I'm still wishing I just had basic controls and they would of cut down on some of the more boring gimmicks like the gyro wing.

• Locked thread