Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TinTower posted:

I know he's on the payroll, but can we add the fact that Billy Corgan was plugging TNA on InfoWars to this thread?

The first TNA "celebrity" who has mentioned TNA on a media appearance!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
i need some fresh tna tears now that eric young is also in nxt. where are the stuid mecca opinions.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

spongeh posted:

i need some fresh tna tears now that eric young is also in nxt. where are the stuid mecca opinions.

I'm sure with the signing of Joe, Aries, Roode, and Young, you'll be seeing a lot of "WWE considers TNA a threat, which is why they're signing all of their talent away!" posts.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
you know what there's just too much. most of the impact discussion thread is discussing eric young on NXT. http://www.tnamecca.com/2016/04/impact-live-discussion-for-apr-26-2016.html#disqus_thread

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

... that last one was taking the piss out of blind TNA fanboys right? And the count guy doesn't realize it right? Its always hard to tell with Mecca.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
thank you. this is a perfect way to get my morning going.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Sanguinia posted:

... that last one was taking the piss out of blind TNA fanboys right? And the count guy doesn't realize it right? Its always hard to tell with Mecca.

There are quite a few of these kinds of exchanges all over the thread

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
I have seen the "you hated them in tna so you cant like them now" posts at an absurd frequency...as if being in a company they hate wouldnt have an negative affect the wrestler.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

quote:

Will1225 -> The ROHbot • 9 hours ago

NXT is successful????

(Looks at the accounting balance sheets)

I don't think so. They spend more then they make and that's bad pal

- Vince MacMahon

quote:

NomDePlume -> Will1225 • 7 hours ago

Exactly.

It's all an illusion.

NomDePlume said this. Like, unironically.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
They're right. NXT is Hunter's vanity promotion that loses money.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

AkumaHokoru posted:

I have seen the "you hated them in tna so you cant like them now" posts at an absurd frequency...as if being in a company they hate wouldnt have an negative affect the wrestler.

I think it's more of saying a wrestler has been awful for the last ten years (i.e. Eric Young), where now that he's in NXT he's suddenly decent?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Alain Post posted:

They're right. NXT is Hunter's vanity promotion that loses money.

The fact that NXT isn't a profit-generating entity in an imaginary vacuum where its not part of the highly profitable WWE isn't really what makes that post absurd, now is it?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Where are these NXT account balance sheets everyone is discussing? Are they available online?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sanguinia posted:

NomDePlume said this. Like, unironically.

Nom has a bunch of posts in that thread that are weird philosophy-lite ramblings about things being illusions, I think tna's collapse is legit melting his brain

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Aesop Poprock posted:

Nom has a bunch of posts in that thread that are weird philosophy-lite ramblings about things being illusions, I think tna's collapse is legit melting his brain

On Alex Jones/Billy Corgan

quote:

NomDePlume_ Levi D. Smith • 3 hours ago
You are like me, still irked with Hogan for his self serving ways while collecting fat TNA paychecks.

I believe Alex said he watches and really likes Impact.

Corgan speaks intelligently to the media propaganda used to manipulate, profit and control.

As he says, people don't want to admit they have been conned, and he compairs it to wrestling marks.

He speaks his mind and is a voice worth listening to.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Pictured: A man who has no idea what he's talking about.

The way he seems to describe TNA's so-called "bullies", I'm actually still not sure if he was calling them bullies or condoning bullying other wrestling fans and then "hoping he didn't insult anybody" in the same ridiculous run-on sentence.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

WE TOLD YOU, NXT! AND YOU DIDN'T LISTEN! Think of all those years of rear end booking and the serial misuse of these talents that you missed.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Electric Lady posted:

The way he seems to describe TNA's so-called "bullies", I'm actually still not sure if he was calling them bullies or condoning bullying other wrestling fans and then "hoping he didn't insult anybody" in the same ridiculous run-on sentence.

This is my new favourite. My interpretation is that he's saying they need to troll more aggressively and somehow direct the narrative that TNA is good and cool.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Of all the things with crazy TNA fans, this is the one I really don't get. Of COURSE the wrestlers on TNA were good! Yeah, some of them sucked. Hernandez comes to mind. But most of them were great and those that weren't were often in the mix with guys that were and could make them look good. Its THE SHOW that sucked. THE WRITING AND THE BOOKING. The wrestlers had nothing to do with it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sanguinia posted:

Of all the things with crazy TNA fans, this is the one I really don't get. Of COURSE the wrestlers on TNA were good! Yeah, some of them sucked. Hernandez comes to mind. But most of them were great and those that weren't were often in the mix with guys that were and could make them look good. Its THE SHOW that sucked. THE WRITING AND THE BOOKING. The wrestlers had nothing to do with it.

No TNA fan will ever admit that, because it means that no amount of their fantasy booking or proposed talent acquisitions are worth a drat unless the company completely rebrands from top to bottom. It means that TNA Mecca favourites EC3 and Eli Drake and Bram are never, ever, ever going to be stars as long as they work for TNA in its current incarnation, which is completely the case.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
TNA Mecca thinks Movie 43 is the best movie ever cause it had such a good cast

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Man, what the hell is EC3 going to do when TNA finally goes? I can't imagine him going back to NXT with the rest of the Impact exodus, both because of how he was treated in developmental the first time and, uh, incompatibility with the performance enhancements he's clearly on. He's too old to be a Juice Robinson NJPW young lion, and I don't think he's got the reputation and experience to take the AJ Styles route as an expensive, steady indie hand. What's left, tagging in ICW with Rockstar Spud? Would Ring of Honor have any interest in him? He's a moron for putting all his eggs in Dixie's basket, but I'd still like to see him successful somewhere after the promotion finally dies.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

checksin posted:

Man, what the hell is EC3 going to do when TNA finally goes? I can't imagine him going back to NXT with the rest of the Impact exodus, both because of how he was treated in developmental the first time and, uh, incompatibility with the performance enhancements he's clearly on. He's too old to be a Juice Robinson NJPW young lion, and I don't think he's got the reputation and experience to take the AJ Styles route as an expensive, steady indie hand. What's left, tagging in ICW with Rockstar Spud? Would Ring of Honor have any interest in him? He's a moron for putting all his eggs in Dixie's basket, but I'd still like to see him successful somewhere after the promotion finally dies.

Personally I'm really curious if Bobbo Lashley comes back to the Fed. That'd certainly be interesting.

The one I'm really sad for is Storm. Man did he blow it super hard. I hope his bridges didn't get burned entirely in that whole episode.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

With EC3 he's unfortunately in the position of being the new Brutus Magnus. I wouldn't rule out an NXT run, particularly if its around the time of the next batch of call ups and they need bodies to take jobs, but I don't see him being in a major position in any other company. His look and gimmick might have some legs in Mexico, but in general he's not really a good enough worker to get a big opportunity.

Sanguinia posted:

Personally I'm really curious if Bobbo Lashley comes back to the Fed. That'd certainly be interesting.

If he was still with Kristal I would say it would never happen. Now I'm pretty sure it won't but he sent out a bunch of tweets in support of EY last night.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

flashy_mcflash posted:

WE TOLD YOU, NXT! AND YOU DIDN'T LISTEN! Think of all those years of rear end booking and the serial misuse of these talents that you missed.

Dude literally says he's not mad he's actually laughing about this

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Mob posted:

Dude literally says he's not mad he's actually laughing about this

He says he's not hurt, which I don't really believe. The all-caps TNA FANS WERE RIGHT right at the start gave me that idea. That, and "TNA made Sting great, you can't like Sting without acknowledging me, a TNA fan!"

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

checksin posted:

I liked the comment I read during Catrina's iama that suggested Ec3 go to Lucha Underground as Ethan Cueto 3.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Skinty McEdger posted:

With EC3 he's unfortunately in the position of being the new Brutus Magnus. I wouldn't rule out an NXT run, particularly if its around the time of the next batch of call ups and they need bodies to take jobs, but I don't see him being in a major position in any other company. His look and gimmick might have some legs in Mexico, but in general he's not really a good enough worker to get a big opportunity.

He's way better than Marco was in 2003 but EC3 as the next Mark Jindrak is pretty perfect

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I kinda miss Jindrak and Palumbo

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Chris James 2 posted:

Jindrak is doing well in CMLL please don't take him away

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Why does anyone, anywhere need another Mark Jindrak

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

flashy_mcflash posted:

He stands over his opponents and hip swivels.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chris James 2 posted:

I miss Sean O'Haire :(

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ayn rand hand job posted:

Jindrak is doing well in CMLL please don't take him away

He's still around? Cool! Only thing I knew was Palumbo has at least two motorcycle/car shows airing

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

oatgan posted:

He's way better than Marco was in 2003 but EC3 as the next Mark Jindrak is pretty perfect

Thats exactly what I was thinking.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Hobo Clown posted:

Where are these NXT account balance sheets everyone is discussing? Are they available online?

WWE's reporting to investors. The money they spend on developmental has been brought up by investors several times. They don't get why they are spending that much.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

flashy_mcflash posted:

Maybe somebody wants to replicate the greatness of Velocity twice and that would require two Reflections of Perfection?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Chris James 2 posted:

He's still around? Cool! Only thing I knew was Palumbo has at least two motorcycle/car shows airing

He's basically spent the better part of the last decade working for CMLL and/or AAA as Marco Corleone.

He was actually in Los Ingobernables for a while, though he left the group in the last month or two after RUSH attacked Maximo Sexy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This rules. Contact The Boobs

quote:

In the current episode of Pro Wrestling 24/7 entitled Meltzer Madness we intentionally stated that the Wrestling Observer and F4w did not recognize the TNA Titles. This is not a fact, just as Meltzer’s reporting of TNA being evicted from their former location in Nashville was not a fact, but a rumor.

We at Pro Wrestling 24/7 are men enough to state that we stated something that was not factual. In fact we did this on purpose to prove a point.

Anyone out there in social media that has an issue with this should also have an issue with Dave Meltzer and F4W for their non factual reporting of TNA being evicted. They should also demand an apology from Meltzer to Dixie Carter and TNA for stating non factual remarks and disparagements against TNA iMPACT Wrestling.

But you will not.

We offer our sincerest apologizes to Dave Meltzer and F4W and invite him or Bryan Alverez to join us on Pro Wrestling 24/7 to discuss and debate the facts at anytime. They can contact The Boobs at theboobs247@pw247.net anytime and set up a date and time.

If they accept then we will air this for our listeners to hear.