Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Saint Sputnik posted:

At which point it tells you it needs to reload your data files, and then closes the game or crashes to desktop, that part wasn't clear.

It worked fine for me, perhaps it's because I only have four mods installed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
what is this bethesda? a dickpunching contest?

moved my poo poo across from the steam folder to my other folder, I have to find a way of it not reading the wrong instalation and making da poop.
hmm, now it just crashes having made a new plugin, lets try a newer plugin.
also, just use nmm for a bit until mo sttles down.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

QuantaStarFire posted:

I don't think it matters when you duplicate the cell, no.

Thanks! FO4 wants to be cyberpunk I'm working on a little module in an alternate timeline where two of the snack food companies are going after each-other. I'm thinking yum yums vs fancy lads?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

EvilHawk posted:

It worked fine for me, perhaps it's because I only have four mods installed?

I do have quite a few. Another odd thing is how it also caused my mods to become unchecked in MO.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Al! posted:

Thanks! FO4 wants to be cyberpunk I'm working on a little module in an alternate timeline where two of the snack food companies are going after each-other. I'm thinking yum yums vs fancy lads?

Use as many of the neon lights as you can

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Shoehead posted:

Use as many of the neon lights as you can

Absolutely. Can any old timers point me in the right direction on how to find them? I'm still getting used to the bizzaro way they order their data.

I've got to also figure out how to lock the time of day and the weather, so any hints in that direction would be appreciated.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Saint Sputnik posted:

At which point it tells you it needs to reload your data files, and then closes the game or crashes to desktop, that part wasn't clear.

I just used that bat to update the Mod Organizer plugin list to add the asterisks and it works fine for me. (Make sure you remove the line in it that directs the program to the game's plugin txt) But you might have to do it every time you play until they update Mod Organizer, I'm not entirely sure. I just keep a copy of it with the asterisks as backup. My load order seems to be preserved this way.

And make sure you aren't using a UI mod that hasn't been updated for 1.5 yet. DEF_UI got an update very recently. That sort of thing crashes it hard.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
It's worth noting that the latest build of Wrye Flash seems to work great. It's the real man's choice in mod organizers (who needs installers anyway?)

also maybe a mod can rename this thread to reflect that the CK is out??

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
How does one get the 1.5 beta anyway? The beta opt-in wants a beta key which seems to fly in the face of "open beta to everyone on steam", so I figure I must be doing something wrong (which might be assuming that 1.5 isn't just out)

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Azhais posted:

How does one get the 1.5 beta anyway? The beta opt-in wants a beta key which seems to fly in the face of "open beta to everyone on steam", so I figure I must be doing something wrong (which might be assuming that 1.5 isn't just out)

Its no longer in beta, the patch went live.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

LumberingTroll posted:

Its no longer in beta, the patch went live.

The most obvious of solutions. Time to give mods a little bit to settle down post CK and get going on survivor then!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Any chance of ui overhauls or anything requiring script extenders making their way to consoles?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I highly doubt script extenders ever make it, third party dlls seem like something MS/Sony would frown upon. I'd think any UI mods that didn't require them would be fair game however.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Al! posted:

Dandy Boy vs Fancy Lads

God, the faction-specific thug outfits almost design themselves

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
So I am having a CTD when loading my save. Even when disabling everything but Fallout4.esm and the two DLCs

Edit: Verified the cache and reacquired 4 files, still CTD.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

So I am having a CTD when loading my save. Even when disabling everything but Fallout4.esm and the two DLCs

Your save might be the problem. Try an older save.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Magmarashi posted:

Dandy Boy vs Fancy Lads

God, the faction-specific thug outfits almost design themselves

That idea is so good you better mail it to yourself

co199
Oct 28, 2009

I AM A LOUSY FUCKING COMPUTER JANITOR WHO DOES NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CYBER COMPUTER HACKER SHIT.

PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN TO MY FUCKING AWFUL OPINIONS AS I HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Delete your Data\Interface folder and try loading it again. Any UI mods that haven't been updated for 1.5 will crash your save.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Sintax posted:

It's worth noting that the latest build of Wrye Flash seems to work great. It's the real man's choice in mod organizers (who needs installers anyway?)

also maybe a mod can rename this thread to reflect that the CK is out??

Didn't realize that was updated for FO4. My mods actually loaded with that, sort of, because none of the meshes or textures for my mod weapons or clothes appear, even though I still have them in inventory. And the load order is whacky compared to how I have it set in MO2.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

co199 posted:

Delete your Data\Interface folder and try loading it again. Any UI mods that haven't been updated for 1.5 will crash your save.

That worked, thanks. I still had DEF hud files in there from when I tried it.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Al! posted:

That idea is so good you better mail it to yourself

It's basically like an episode of Adam West Batman but with all the neon lights and poo poo from Batman Forever/& Robin

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Is there a list of mods that are compatible with 1.5? I don't want to have to go through all mine to find out.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I've definitely got something in my list that's making me CTD immediately. Of course I was crashing with everything disabled too...

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
The CTDs are probably from UI mods, REMOVE THEM

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

it took me several days to get a basic layout i can live with. now to add greebles and neon to the buildings and do general visual polish to the superstructure

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

All my mods have stopped working, loading my save game says none of them are present, but they're all there in MO, I even reinstalled them, any ideas?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Here's what's currently working for me, using Mod Organizer. The instructions are here: https://github.com/TanninOne/modorganizer/issues/663

1) Use MO to tick the mods you want and arrange them in the right order. Create a backup.
2) Download the bat file that automatically adds asterisks to your plugins.txt and place it in the folder where Mod Organizer keeps the plugins.txt that it uses. Right-click on the bat file and remove the line that directs it where to find the game's normal plugins.txt, so it uses the one in the same folder you placed it in. Run it and then launch your game through MO.
3) Once the game is running, don't do anything but load a save. Logging in/using the game's mod interface fucks it up.
4) All your mods are going to be unchecked in MO when you quit, but I'm sure you followed step 1 and made a backup so you're good to go for next time.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Pound_Coin posted:

All my mods have stopped working, loading my save game says none of them are present, but they're all there in MO, I even reinstalled them, any ideas?

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Fallout4

Plugins.txt and Loadorder.txt are the files you are looking for.

Loadorder.txt looks like this:

Fallout4.esm
DLCRobot.esm
DLCworkshop01.esm
your mods.esm/.esp

Plugins.txt like this:

*DLCRobot.esm
*DLCworkshop01.esm
*your mods.esm/.esp

They both contain the same info, with two differences.

The loadorder has no * before the mods.
The plugins does not list Fallout4.esm

For loot to work correctly, in case you use it, it's best to start it and once it's up, close your mod manager to prevent it from changing the file(s).

I have no idea if the loadorder.txt is even required but I get a lot less problems with FO4edit if I do it this way...

Edit: Somehow managed to not see MO in there, my bad. This is what I had to do for NMM to get its poo poo together, might help some people until NMM and MO2 are fully patched and working again.

Sensenmann fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Apr 30, 2016

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Yeah, I said a week or so ago that the * thing was staying, but someone argued with me about it only being because of beta :shrug: Both MO2 and NMM are being updated to work with the new system, will just take some time and things will be back to normal.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Wasteland Sims just got a lot less headache-inducing:

Settlement Keywords Independent

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

SplitSoul posted:

Wasteland Sims just got a lot less headache-inducing:

Settlement Keywords Independent

Settlement Keywords is useless now though because they upped the Keyword limit from 255 to something over 65k.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Launching Fallout 4 through NMM for the first time in a few days, haven't added or changed any mods in probably a month, and when I go to load my last save it gives me the warning about that save relying on a bunch of mods that aren't being loaded, and I get a CTD. What the hell, did Bethesda just push another patch that breaks mods or something?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Entropic posted:

Launching Fallout 4 through NMM for the first time in a few days, haven't added or changed any mods in probably a month, and when I go to load my last save it gives me the warning about that save relying on a bunch of mods that aren't being loaded, and I get a CTD. What the hell, did Bethesda just push another patch that breaks mods or something?

Have you played since 1.5? The plugin file format apparently changed

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Azhais posted:

Have you played since 1.5? The plugin file format apparently changed

I don't know what the means or what I have to do to fix it.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Full Dialogue Interface has been updated to Beta10, which adds support for the 1.5 patch to all languages. The English Lite version has also been updated.

I made a whole big post about it on the mod's page proper, but I have gotten permission from the original author of the interface files, shadwar, to port FDI to consoles and continue development on Bethesda's new platform. Barring me being hit by a bus (a phrase that is quickly becoming my personal caveat emptor), FDI will be available for all languages on all platforms.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

LumberingTroll posted:

Settlement Keywords is useless now though because they upped the Keyword limit from 255 to something over 65k.

"They" meaning Bethesda? Sorry, I haven't played this for months.

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006
Am I correctly understanding that to use mods in this newest patch that includes survival mode, I'm going to have to wait for MO2 to update? I'm terribly confused about what's going on and don't want to gently caress up my game.

fentan
Aug 3, 2012

LumberingTroll posted:

The other thing SK did was increase the number of categories, which is far from useless if you want to build with more than one or two mods and not go crazy. With vanilla categories it probably takes over a full minute for me to scroll through decorations>signs.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

You don't need to gently caress around adding * to txt files. Just do your MO poo poo as usual and when the game launches go into mods, log in and then press T, activate your mods and the game will restart and you're done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

SplitSoul posted:

"They" meaning Bethesda? Sorry, I haven't played this for months.

Yes bethesday, they did this in the 1.4 patch.

fentan posted:

The other thing SK did was increase the number of categories, which is far from useless if you want to build with more than one or two mods and not go crazy. With vanilla categories it probably takes over a full minute for me to scroll through decorations>signs.

Keywords are the categories, so things can just go back to the way it was before SK where people just made their own.

• Locked thread