Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It de-summons your current phantoms and makes every enemy rush the invader at once. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

HnK416 posted:

Sooooo...
I healed the Dark Sigil after talking to Anri in the Church and not killing the pilgrim there. Her sign isn't showing up at Aldrich and I can't find her anywhere.

Where the heck is she at, or did I gently caress myself out of the everything?

Well that pilgrim killed her. You have to kill him right away or anri gets killed. You can go marry her but you can't get the 3rd ending now. But hey go stab that sword in her face for fun.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Finished the game, everything was fantastic except for the Nameless King. It was the first boss ever in a souls game to make me say "gently caress this bullshit" and just summon a phantom.

A little disappointed in the endings of the game if this is truly the last Souls game. Not necessarily looking for something definitive, but if it is really the end, maybe a bit more grand of a cut scene at the end is in order?

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

Szcwczuk posted:

How are you better than me when you summon 3 other people and get a blue to 5v1 or 5v2.

That's called generalship.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Tiny Dragon Smough might be the funniest outfit I've seen in this game.

EDIT: I really want to steal this and invade as MECHA-GEKKO, a crystal lizard piloting a mech suit.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Apr 29, 2016

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Is there a way to save Greirat on his third mission, or is that coming in the 1.06 patch, or is it not coming at all?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

threeagainstfour posted:

A little disappointed in the endings of the game if this is truly the last Souls game. Not necessarily looking for something definitive, but if it is really the end, maybe a bit more grand of a cut scene at the end is in order?

Nah, I like 'em. They fit with the tone the series has always had. The world of the series was never going to end with a bang, just a muffled whisper.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

That's called generalship.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2efQKVlkwc Also a good dragon smaug video

edit: Also spoilers within the video

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Apr 29, 2016

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

YoshiOfYellow posted:

People are gonna argue back and forth on both sides of this thing but my main beef is when people decide to rub a dried finger all on their face and summon a bunch of phantoms for the express purpose of gang banging every single person that steps into their world. I suppose fun is a completely subjective thing but I can't imagine how completely one-sided gank fests are particularly thrilling for either party involved.

I try to do finger huff runs whenever I can, much of the fun comes from A: the chaotic clashes that ensue from the combinations of phantoms/invaders that are drawn to your world, B: seeing how long you/your bros last against constant invasions (multiple competent invaders can wear a party down quite effectively), and C: are way more varied, reactive, and interesting foes than the standard mobs.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

threeagainstfour posted:

Finished the game, everything was fantastic except for the Nameless King. It was the first boss ever in a souls game to make me say "gently caress this bullshit" and just summon a phantom.

Roll forwards and hit him while you're behind him, same as 2/3 of the bosses in the game

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Everyone please name your characters [name] of [location in the souls world]

And make them appropriate to the character. No Baldurs using magic.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

its me.... gurag of Carim, the invader...please trust me, I am a friendly invader

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

I'm Bob of Dragon Butt City

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Jenny of The Gulch

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

GulagDolls posted:

its me.... gurag of Carim, the invader...please trust me, I am a friendly invader

*throws a HELLO stone*

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Invaded by dark spirit Bob From Marketing

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

[x]

[x]

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
After spending too much time at level 11 and farming up wolf swordgrass because the covenant popped all of once (and it ended up being a failed connection), I'm now the proud owner of just under 600,000 souls. :shepface:

I can give myself 55 level ups but for the life of me I can't decide how I want to build. I know I can respec, but I want to wait until later so I don't botch the one NPC's questline so I want to settle with something I'll like on the first attempt. Oh boy.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Am I reading this right that my L35/+6 can invade up to L55/+9 weapon?

Also I'm terrible at PvP and am still amazed at how often people have "connection issues" if they're losing or outnumbered, or tired of sitting next to the bonfire because I put my controller down to watch Netflix on my other monitor.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
My favorite covenant is Aldrich Faithful, it takes 10 seconds to get summoned and the odds of having other phantoms on your side and chaos ensuing is pretty good. I'll enjoy that while it lasts. Plus sometimes you spawn in and immediately get the reward because the dude was trying to fight the crocodiles and failed. The final boss area is pretty good too because people will use the finger to get three friendly phantoms and then every few steps another red or purple shows up and its such a small area that it doesn't take any time for them to join the fight.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

Roll forwards and hit him while you're behind him, same as 2/3 of the bosses in the game

Yeah, what bothered me was the first phase. It's the only souls boss where I felt like I was battling the camera as much as the boss.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Having to re-kill the drake every time definitely made the fight more tedious than it should have been.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Legolarthas of Legolarthia.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
That's the magical thing about invasions as a zero sum game (as opposed to DS2's dueling covenants): if the invader is having fun, the host is frustrated about twinked out jerks. If the host is having fun, the invader comes around and bitches how he can't be a dick.

And both sides making up reasons or "rules of conduct" for how the other one should make it easier for them or how they're implicitly "asking for it" will never stop being hilarious.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
back stabs while bowing since my early days of dark souls 1 lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmao shut up nerd

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Toady posted:

Having to re-kill the drake every time definitely made the fight more tedious than it should have been.

This. Once I got through the initial few attempts where I was like "oh, From is loving with my go to game plan of standing under giant bosses by having him fly up and do this bullshit fire attack any time I do that" I could kill the drake easily every time. He'd still fly around and force me to mess with the camera a lot, but it was doable.

It was killing that drake only to then have to do the Nameless King section that made the boss feel like more of chore than a fun battle.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

This event isn't working for me. I never get summoned. If I pop an ember, I get invaded by two reds, one blue, they kill the blue together, then they gang up on me. They don't wait for a second blue. They don't know and don't care what's going on. I'm bored.

Not one of these loving red invaders even fought me one at a time. I didn't summon phantoms. I waited while you dueled the blue until the second red ran in and murdered him while his back was turned. No courtesy 1v1 even. Just bum rush me down like animals in a game where poise doesn't exist and 3 rats and a corner is a death sentence.

Has anyone, ever, loving ever, heard about dark souls 3 requiring port forwarding? For literally only this one loving covenant?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmao also at that

How about you help that blue instead of feeding him to the wolves. And if you are helping him, 2v2 is even, you even have all your estus

Invasions are no time for honor. Invasions are a time for madness and chaos. Do not expect "honor" unless you put your sign down and they summon you, and even then be wary.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

Cyberventurer posted:

After spending too much time at level 11 and farming up wolf swordgrass because the covenant popped all of once (and it ended up being a failed connection), I'm now the proud owner of just under 600,000 souls. :shepface:

I know people are having all sorts of non-summon and disconnection issues right now, but even without them you're probably about 10 levels too low. Level 30 I got 10 swordgrass in a decent afternoon of ganking people with my giant crab buddies.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
YES, YES, loving YES. THANK GOD. It took three characters, but I finally saved Seigward. He survived the whole fight with Yhorm. Granted, mechanically the end result is the same, but I feel good. I had to equip the Greatshield of Glory and basically draw Yhorm's aggro so Seigward could basically do all the damage dealing, but it was worth it, and it was only about two extra minutes in the end. Yes! Toast your old buddy Yhorm, buddy, I'm so happy you got to fulfill you duty.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The mad phantom summon sign should appear like a sun brother summon sign. But instead of summoning people, it should summon up 10 dogs that attack the player. The mad phantom is one of those dogs.

You know that's how they could make summoning fun, you don't get to play your character.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah that's what I want too. It just puts you in the body of a random enemy in the stage when you invade. Like a red eye phantom, but the eyes are purple

and there's a ring also that hides the purple eyes.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...
That is a pretty cool idea, but also better if the eyes have to be purple.

A couple of lore fluff questions I can't figure out:

Why are there headless lothric knight armors all over high wall? The statue behind Emma cuts into its own head but I can't figure it out.

Why are there so many rusted coins in Profaned Capital? Is it supposed to show that it was a sort of functioning society before it got apocalypsed somehow?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah dude, if you're going to blue sippy during a duel I'm going to yellow sippy, I don't give a gently caress. Change your build if you want to spam homing soulmass until you win your little war of attrition.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Babe Magnet posted:

Yeah that's what I want too. It just puts you in the body of a random enemy in the stage when you invade. Like a red eye phantom, but the eyes are purple

if they had a functional gravelord / ratbro covenant that would be tits, but they could never figure out how to get it quite right. old monk / gravelord / ratbro / mirrorknight all play off the same idea but none of them really hit it out of the park.

I think it would be neat if you could invade as the monsters, and instead of estus you could "jump" to a fresh monster x times, but the monster you got was semi-random based on what was nearby, and if the host killed your puppet before you jumped you still died, just like if you didn't get your sippy off in time.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Babe Magnet posted:

Then they don't have to balance the game around fighting players just monsters. Game saved, pvp saved. Maybe like your highest stat is how it picks the monster from the level you are.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
I got summoned as a Sunbro at the Halfway Fortress by a green dude named This Is My Swamp. He summoned another dude, then used the fingers, so for the next half hour we're staging weird fights with invaders, Mould-Makers and Wolves. It got weird and hilarious, but definitely how PvP should be all the time. Got to Two-shot a Hex casting invader with my +3 Warden Twinblades, feels great.

Also, my Level 38 with a +4 twinsword got summoned into what I'm 99% sure was a NG+ world because the trash mobs were taking 3 times as many hits to kill versus the other times I've been summoned there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I finally settled on going with Sellsword Twinblades for my dex build, infused them with the sharp gem, buffed them to +3... then 5 minutes later I get the Crystal Sage Rapier... it's 20 less AR for double the item drops? Welp, looks like I'll have to use this then for everything in the rest of the game except boss fights.

Edit: Misread that... 50% more items. Still, I'm way to greedy and grindy to resist its crystal charms.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Apr 30, 2016